What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The great cleric Q&A thread.

2»

Comments

• foolishlobsterfoolishlobster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    aragoh wrote: »
    CHA: This is the only stat that I didn't really invest a lot of time in researching, I will look at it more next month but for now if anyone else has any information on that stat I would appreciate it.

Charisma lowers the cooldown on abilities, making it a super important DPS AND Healing stat. I was investing points in Wisdom and Charisma because cooldown reduction is a consistent benefit. The crit from Strength is very nice too, but I can see myself going for more Charisma than Strength when choosing my gear.
  • aragoharagoh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Charisma lowers the cooldown on abilities, making it a super important DPS AND Healing stat. I was investing points in Wisdom and Charisma because cooldown reduction is a consistent benefit. The crit from Strength is very nice too, but I can see myself going for more Charisma than Strength when choosing my gear.

For sure, thanks for the info I will most likely build my healing set and class build around (Wisdom/Charisma)(Power/Recovery/ and if I can get some critical chance from pieces I would be happy)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Credit: Syreian: Devient Art
  • nik80nik80 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Thanks for this, I was very curious about charisma. Sounds like an extremely viable option. I often prefer "haste" type healing builds (even tho this isnt quite the same, tho lower cooldowns has a similar result) over crit healing builds. I look forward to playing with it. cheers.
  • kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I keep hearing that most ppl that had a chance for beta enjoyed the Healer companion what did you prefer running with as a cleric? What was you likes/dislikes.
    edited February 2013
    kerlaa wrote: »
    I keep hearing that most ppl that had a chance for beta enjoyed the Healer companion what did you prefer running with as a cleric? What was you likes/dislikes.

I had the Man At Arms. It could definitely hold aggro from time to time, also it gives you something to heal! I used the Wizard on my Guardian Fighter and it can do some nice damage. You get a couple more companions from quests I think between level 20-30.
  • blightleafblightleaf Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Alright, got few questions about the devoted cleric since im either blind or the information is really well hidden.

Are devoted clerics heavy armor class? From what I saw in beta videos, armor pieces for cleric were chainmail, same as for guardian fighter. I'd guess that clerics get chainmail at low levels and change to plate later on but confirmation would be nice tho'.

Second, can clerics use any other weapons beyond that symbol thingy? If that symbol is clerics only weapon, is it considered 1 or 2 handed, in videos clerics always wield the symbol in off-hand while keeping main hand empty. Does the symbol use both hand slots or can the cleric wield a mace or something with it?
    edited February 2013

@kerlaa I have been running with a man at arms companion and I purchased a ghost companion for 96k diamonds to test them out for fun. I really enjoyed the tank companion, when they get a little bit higher their effectiveness goes up. What they need to do it make the AI a bit better on the companions and I would really love it.

I didn't really like going with a DPS companion like a ghost or the wizard because I just felt like I had to kite to much and with the man-at-arms I could sit in the back heal him and do dps on the mobs. It also made killing some of the "harder" quest bosses a bit easier.

@blightleaf Devoted cleric is a chain armor type class, you start with chain armor and you will most likely end with chain armor. Plate is going to be for the heavy armor classes like Great Weapon Fighter and Guardian Fighter. Although that could change since if they were going to upgrade your armor you might get it past level 30. But right now I am going to go with chain mail all the time.

Since this is the devoted cleric its the ranged cleric in 4e, so you are going to be using the symbol for the long haul unless they add the ability to use a mace/shield down the line (but they could be saving that for battle cleric or something later down the line). It is considered a 1h weapon so you use an off-hand item for more stats and it shows up when you cast and stuff. So your weapon choices as of now are going to exclusive to a Symbol/offhand but as I said they might open up more weapons before launch and post launch.

Hope I answered your questions correctly as always if you want clarification just post again and I will try to answer it.
    edited February 2013
    If we are limited to one weapon type for the main hand, having different-looking symbols (not just colour) available would be super.
    edited February 2013
    I saw some different looking off-hands while leveling to 30 we might possibly get more variety in our main hand weapons down the line or before launch.
  • vernedndvernednd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013

I have to agree with others here, the man at arms was a great companion for my cleric! The cleric companion went great with my guardian fighter. I did not have a chance to test any of the dps companions.

Cheers!
    Fighter.jpg
    edited February 2013
    vernednd wrote: »
    I have to agree with others here, the man at arms was a great companion for my cleric! The cleric companion went great with my guardian fighter. I did not have a chance to test any of the dps companions.

Cheers!

The Wizard companion was pretty fun to play with since he did a lot of control and cc on targets that I couldn't hit right away. I also really enjoyed the ghost companion that you can buy for like 96k diamonds but I think I will pass on that in live so I can start pooling currency for my main.
  • lightspeed2k10lightspeed2k10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Is there any references on this. Like I got guardian of faith and it said something a summoning something or other. But how do youtell what key it was bound to?

nevermind