test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What are you going to do while you wait?

2»

Comments

• mnaticmnatic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 233 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Playing POE ( just started)
    pLAYing skyrim just rolled a new toon now that the PS3 water bug has gone.
    Just finished crstal shard triliogy and neverwinter waiting for charons claw to turn up form amazon (been a bloddy month)
    just started Homeland, legend of drizzt.
    Waiting for open beta.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited February 2013
    Play DC Universe
  • kent10skent10s Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    WoW. LOTRO. GW2
    "Drive it like u stole it"
  • syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited February 2013
    Play STO, and work on my next Foundry missions there.
    Work on the design of my Foundry quests for NW.
  • indy20indy20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yeah bought a months worth sub for Dark Age Of Camelot. Plan on buying the Hero of the North or the Guardian pack, Plans for the future are to play this and defiance.
  • mostrandomistmostrandomist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 75
    edited February 2013
    I'm going to freeze myself in the snow like cartman for the next 2 months. That way it'll be like Neverwinter comes out tomorrow!
  • armored22armored22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Playing LoL and Ragnarok Online 2 and watching TV shows like Person of Interest, The Walking Dead, Touch, Supernatural, Arrow, Elementary and re-watching Sherlock on Netflix.

Also trying to get into Tera Online but i can't seem to play it for more then 10 mins straight at a time..... Would love to know what peoples thoughts are that has played in the Neverwinter beta and has also played a lot of Tera. Would love to get a comparison.
  • pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    POE and DDO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • thruddlesthruddles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've started playing STO just to get a chance to use the earlier version of the Foundry that's used in that game. That way I'll have some basic skills with the tools before NWN lands. I can hardly wait to make quests for people to play!
  • evilfish82evilfish82 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Go to work... home the routine... I'm too bored to play anything else right now.
  • kubasereecokubasereeco Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    PoE, GW2, PS2
  • atalantamatalantam Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My clan mates and I will be playing Tera mostly, some are playing League of Legends and APB. I'll be testing out Age of Wushu and playing some DCUO as well until Neverwinter comes out ... omgoddess I can't wait!
    Home of the Amazons - Play a female character?
    Server: Mindflayer
    [EST 2008. A themed community of gamers & roleplayers]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • daytonamaxdaytonamax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    I took a look at Tera, and after seeing the Elin....
    I closed the page and am thinking abot doing something else.
    Like scrubbing my eyes with bleach.
  • atalantamatalantam Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ya I personally would never play an Elin. lol
    Home of the Amazons - Play a female character?
    Server: Mindflayer
    [EST 2008. A themed community of gamers & roleplayers]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sliversparksliverspark Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    indy20 wrote: »
    I'm planning on burning through RA Salvatore's Neverwinter Saga. I haven't gotten deep into the Forgotten Realm lore since Neverwinter Nights (the non obsidian entertainment one). I played that game for a long period of time but I haven't really played anything NWN related since. Has anything good single player come out since then that's worth trying while waiting on NWO to launch? I've tried Googling a few things such as movies or animated films regarding Forgotten Realms but didn't really get any legit results. I see there are plenty of books on the lore.

I'm planning on buying the 200$ founder pack before the next beta weekend. If I'm dropping that much on a game I want to immerse myself in the world and the lore. Any suggestions are welcomed.

If you REALLY want to immerse yourself in the world and the lore, then start buying D&D books for the Forgotten Realms campaign setting. There is endless lore to be had, and tons of quotes and stories told about famous and infamous Forgotten Realms characters. You'd be really surprised at how interesting it is just reading those books, even if you're not an avid D&D player.
  • fluffytargcreamfluffytargcream Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    atalantam wrote: »
    Ya I personally would never play an Elin. lol

The other races didn't bother me any, i'm used to the sexualized female thing in games, I am personally not offended by it as long as they got cute/studdly guys in there too.
    But the Elin?... It's not like it is a "race" geared towards children to play. You have to age verify to even go onto the mainpage (17+ yo), so no 8 or 10 or 13 year old girls saying that is what they want to play. It is aimed at adults.
  • daytonamaxdaytonamax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    The other races didn't bother me any, i'm used to the sexualized female thing in games, I am personally not offended by it as long as they got cute/studdly guys in there too.
    But the Elin?... It's not like it is a "race" geared towards children to play. You have to age verify to even go onto the mainpage (17+ yo), so no 8 or 10 or 13 year old girls saying that is what they want to play. It is aimed at adults.

Exactly right.

i'd rather play AoC instead.
    Which I think I will.
  • gilbeggerbgilbeggerb Member Posts: 40
    edited February 2013
    I am currently reading the Elminster series. I plan to read Salvatore's next book when he spits it out though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit for image to Shiaika. I just stole it!
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Let's see . . . what to do while I wait . . . I shall thank the goddess I am single, and take the money I normally would dump into my former marriage and instead dump it into gaming. Much more practical and useful that way. Divorce FTW! XD
  • idetoxiidetoxi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    pansapien wrote: »
    I've never read anything Forgotten Realms related. What books should I start with?

A friend of mine handed me a copy of R.A. Salvatore's - The Crystal Shard almost 20 years ago(wow, i cannot believe its been that long). I havent stopped reading fantasy or being in love with fantasy as a whole ever since. I'd say its a great place to be introduced to The Forgotten Realms.
  • trikirantrikiran Member Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Well I've got Defiance alpha, elder scrolls alpha, wildstar alpha and scarlet blade alpha. So yeah busy busy.
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    idetoxi wrote: »
    A friend of mine handed me a copy of R.A. Salvatore's - The Crystal Shard almost 20 years ago(wow, i cannot believe its been that long). I havent stopped reading fantasy or being in love with fantasy as a whole ever since. I'd say its a great place to be introduced to The Forgotten Realms.

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Legend_of_Drizzt

This may also help - complete list of books, as they were re-released in chronological order of Drizzt's travels. Starts from his birth in Homeland all the way through the current Neverwinter series still in progress by Sir Salvatore :)

I am currently re-reading the entire series for a second time to refresh. :)
  • klaw10klaw10 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013