What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lets make a deal PWE & Cryptic

2»

Comments

• keirkinkeirkin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    zylaxx wrote: »
    Hopefully they never add anything larger then 5 man dungeons. From my recolection I never remembered sittign aroudn the kitchen table playing D&D with 39 of my closest friends.
    I have however sat at my kitchen table with a D&D group of 9 players. I have also sat around a table with 5 people each playing 2 characters. Just because something is a raid doesn't mean it has to be 40 people. 10 man raids would be fine, it is not like other games have not done 2 group raids before.

If you don't like it don't play it. I find options better and limitations worse. Don't like raiding....don't, but don't stop others from doing what they like lest someone stop you from doing what you like.
  • mensarmensar Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The first Foundry map I'm going to have is to choose your fight. Fight a little goblin for chest A, fight a big huge goblin for chest B, fight a greater ORC for chest C, and so on.. bigger and badder. The rewards scales with the mob, but you only get to fight one...

No lore, long drawn-out conversations that nobody reads, no long drawn-out fights with groups of mobs that give you zero exp because the author forgot to add minor rewards. Just plain carnage and reward.

I am Bacon Overlord.. hear me ROAR! haha.

This message brought to you by the superhero:
    Bacon Overlord

All available action figures, check.
    Hit the global cap, check.
    All lore and event perks done, check.
    All 1K mob perks done, check.
    All nemesis mob perks done, check.
    Break 20,000 perk points, check.
    Complete all 5K perk points, stay tuned!

Come see me on steam (be friends, drink fine wines, clink glasses and KILL STUFF ONLINE!)
  • elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    keirkin wrote: »
    I have however sat at my kitchen table with a D&D group of 9 players. I have also sat around a table with 5 people each playing 2 characters. Just because something is a raid doesn't mean it has to be 40 people. 10 man raids would be fine, it is not like other games have not done 2 group raids before.

If you don't like it don't play it. I find options better and limitations worse. Don't like raiding....don't, but don't stop others from doing what they like lest someone stop you from doing what you like.
    10 people is perfect. It makes mores sense that 10 people win some old Dragon or very powerful Demon. I have played 5 people Dungeons, 10, 25 and 40 people Raids. I really love 10 people Raids. While I have nothing against 25 people raids in theory my favorite thing is not to wait for 25th member to come back from afk. 10 people still feels like a Raid and is doable usually by small Guilds also. If guild is so small that it not has enough high level members even for 10 people raid then it is easy to join forces with other people who want to do same 10 people raid.
  • vikinggamervikinggamer Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    One thing mentioned by I think it was zekial, in one of the live stream interviews this last week was that they understand that there needs to be hard content as in content that they as developers cant do because the best players out there will always be better players than the devs themselves so they cant necessarily say "if we cant' do it nobody will be able to."

From this I take away that there will be high end content. The ultimate content of a game doesn't have to consist exclusively of larger group activities. High end content can mean 5man stuff if done right. It probably will include multigroup stuff sooner or later but the point is that you don't have to have raids in order to find a challenge.

All die, so die well.
    edited February 2013
    One thing mentioned by I think it was zekial, in one of the live stream interviews this last week was that they understand that there needs to be hard content as in content that they as developers cant do because the best players out there will always be better players than the devs themselves so they cant necessarily say "if we cant' do it nobody will be able to."

From this I take away that there will be high end content. The ultimate content of a game doesn't have to consist exclusively of larger group activities. High end content can mean 5man stuff if done right. It probably will include multigroup stuff sooner or later but the point is that you don't have to have raids in order to find a challenge.
    If your post was to point out that is unsure if Raids will be in the game then you are correct. However these developers have never had the philosophy of Guild Wars 2 developers who said that there will be no endgame and made a casual carebear game.

There will be endgame. As if it is so hardcore in loot progression as WOW that is a bit doubtful but certainly more hardcore then Guild Wars 2. We will have Heroic Dungeons. Raids well maybe and they said that they have not showed all of endgame.
    edited February 2013
    Actually, it doesn't have to be 5-man to be a challenge. Try playing the doom tomb in the forge solo (without dying) if you want a challenge. It's part of one of the multi-quest maps.

I find it more challenging to do it myself than I do with a group actually. A quest that mandates the use of a group actually limits your strategy to the stereotypical roles. Tank gets/maintains aggro, healer heals tank, DPS mitigates hate/aggro and doles damage. Nobody moves until the fight is over.. or minimally to avoid adds.

Boooring.

When it's just me.. I"m shucking and jiving, using cover to regain guardian stamina, mitigating damage by moving so I can flank and hit and run, etc. Much more challenging.

Bacon Overlord

Come see me on steam (be friends, drink fine wines, clink glasses and KILL STUFF ONLINE!)
    edited February 2013
    mensar wrote: »
    Actually, it doesn't have to be 5-man to be a challenge. Try playing the doom tomb in the forge solo (without dying) if you want a challenge. It's part of one of the multi-quest maps.

I find it more challenging to do it myself than I do with a group actually. A quest that mandates the use of a group actually limits your strategy to the stereotypical roles. Tank gets/maintains aggro, healer heals tank, DPS mitigates hate/aggro and doles damage. Nobody moves until the fight is over.. or minimally to avoid adds.

Boooring.

When it's just me.. I"m shucking and jiving, using cover to regain guardian stamina, mitigating damage by moving so I can flank and hit and run, etc. Much more challenging.
    Well I can see where this logic comes from. Probably great games like Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2.

However it has been clearly said that best loot you can NEVER get by doing solo content. You probably can get to do max level doing solo content, but never get all the best items.
    edited February 2013
    elewyndyl wrote: »
    Well I can see where this logic comes from. Probably great games like Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2.

However it has been clearly said that best loot you can NEVER get by doing solo content. You probably can get to do max level doing solo content, but never get all the best items.

That's how most Cryptic games start. But by and by the F2P concept becomes clear to people that are used to "grinding" for things. Granted, this is a viable approach to getting astral diamonds.. grind away in those big dungeons (or just buy them outright).

But.... the best gear in most Cryptic games is available in the (equivalent of) the Astral Diamond shop and Zen store.

Just FYI.

Bacon Overlord

• clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    trikiran wrote: »
    I very much doubt it would be worth watching or if ANY pro-sports would be worth watching.

What makes you think any pro sport is worth watching now? In my eyes, its all garbage. Teams have become franchises....people play to get paid, not for the sake of the game...."sports" aren't sporty anymore.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    kormai wrote: »
    They said that ALL content will be free to play, shop will be for convenience items and customizable aspects.
    So i dont see how they could EARN with raids

Simple. Charge money to do raids.

Kinda like adding mission packs to the store, which I'm reasonably certain they've done in their other titles.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • kormaikormai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 91
    edited February 2013
    There is one thing bout raiding that i hate, if you dont raid you cant get the best gear.
    Although if raids are just for titles and unique mounts than i wouldnt mind that much as it wouldnt be gamebreaking
  • aragoharagoh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Kinda like adding mission packs to the store, which I'm reasonably certain they've done in their other titles.

They already said that when they add new content they will not charge for it. So if they do add raids post launch they will be free. There is also some "large group" activities planned that zeke mentioned on several occasions during live streams.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Credit: Syreian: Devient Art
  • syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited February 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »

Nope. CO did that when Atari was calling the shots, but it's the first thing they undid when PWE took over. Neither Cryptic nor PWE thinks it's a good idea, only Atari did. And now Atari makes nothing but web games.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    As talked about in WTF is Neverwinter, they will release this and end content info after launch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]