test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't interact with anything in-game

2»

Comments

• deathbyownagedeathbyownage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Same exact Issue, I can usually get past the tutorial but I've never been able to turn in the first quest. I can play any other online game or mmo perfectly fine with little to no issues.

I know It's beta but I just hope I can actually test out some other bugs the next beta weekend.
  • llynthianllynthian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This is very frustrating. I have a character on each of the two available shards and BOTH have the same issue. Once I complete the tutorial and go through the portal my character CAN'T do anything. Yet I see others moving about and continuing on. None of the UI is responsive except to exit the game. If I move off the spot my character is standing on I'm promptly ported back. And I don't believe this has anything to do with bandwidth as all other MMO's I play do not have this issue.
  • kvothexy1kvothexy1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Im getting this problem as well. as soon as i exit an instance the first time its like im not really there. Im playing with someone else and they say it looks like im stuck in the door/wall, but i can move around even though i cant interact with anything. If i try to log out and back in, when i return, all my quests are gone, and if i go far enough, none of the NPCs are there. After a couple of minutes i get ruberbanded back to the entrance of the sewers.

I had my roommate log onto my account on his PC and it works fine on his, so i dont think its a latency thing since we're both on the same network. Not sure what it could be though.
  • zuvielezuviele Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited February 2013
    I had Comcast come out today and fix my latency issue. The game still does not work, so the issue is not upload speed.

Even though this is beta, I did pay $60 to participate in it, so this situation pisses me off a little. This seems like an alpha bug to me.

Just to help the debugging people, I've noticed three different scenarios:
    1) Load screen post-character selection will crawl to a halt at around 95%, then takes 10 minutes to proceed
    2) Load happens just fine, but in game I have the quest trail, but no quests in my book, but my minimap shows quest people; however, quest people do not have the icon over their head. I can use 'F' on players, but not npcs
    3) Load works, in game I do have the quests, the npcs have icons, but I still can't interact with them (this includes merchants too).

Sometimes if I get #2 and stand around for 10+ minutes, #3 will happen.

Also, I don't know if it's normal, but every time I enter the game I see the "Welcome to Neverwinter" window. My character is lvl 4.

Edit: Forgot to mention, the Log Out option never works. I have to exit game. I think everyone is experiencing that. Also, game will log me out after 15 minutes for AFK no matter how much I run around
    The Harper series (NWS-DG3ALMAAC):
    • Part 1: The Rescue (NW-DHWDQZ9YD)
  • bloodcrownbalgarbloodcrownbalgar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You hit the nail on the head there zuviele. I'm sure most of not all of us had those exact same issues ( I gave my friend key to a mate living a few hours away and he had the exact same issues )

What is frustrating me quite a bit, I understand "beta is beta" but I also had access to the Trion Defiance beta and that had zero issues across the board ( different company's/game types but you get my point )

Also could we get some incite that they are looking into this issue? It looks like 490ish people have viewed this thread so its not just a tiny issues that only a small amount of the player base is having, apart from all that the first hour or so was good fun! looking forward to having a working game next beta weekend :3
  • ooznynkooooznynkoo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    kvothexy1 wrote: »
    I had my roommate log onto my account on his PC and it works fine on his, so i dont think its a latency thing since we're both on the same network. Not sure what it could be though.

This seems really interesting to me. So the problem is computer specific - or at least it was in this case. I don't have the opportunity to test my account on another machine, since my laptop probably won't run the game, but anyone else who can, please do so we can get some more data :)

Overall I figure this might be a tricky problem to solve, since the normal workarounds don't function. By this I mean you can't just message a GM ingame asking for help - since the tickets always seem to timeout - and there's no crash report to send, since technically the game doesn't crash.

On friday night I was really excited to get in the game. It was pretty late for me when the game opened up (10pm local time), but I was still hoping to play for a few hours. Rolled my character, played through the tutorial thing, got stuck and stayed that way all night. It was a bit of a let down, I will say. I very much hope this issue is solved before the next beta weekend.

p.s. Still really excited for the game, as the 3-4 hours I managed to play were loads of fun.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Can't say what causes this but PLEASE make a support ticket out of game detailing every detail you can folks! It sounds like many of you are going link dead and displaying the last loaded thing you loaded. Tutorial I BELIEVE is offline run why you can do so, but don't quote me on that.

Again, speculation so let the experts investigate this. They likely will respond with things to test and reports to run. It may help when they reply to share suggestions to share results, but tha's all your personal call to make.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • laserducklaserduck Member Posts: 44 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2013
    If you were experiencing consistent severe communication problems with the server as described in this thread, and would like to help us debug this problem, please contact me here. If you have high latency, or occasional rubberbanding, that is not what we will be looking at for this.

Rob
  • arontimesarontimes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Alright... I'm willing to help, considering I spent $200 on this... What do you need us to do? Also, how exactly can we help squash this bug if we can't play the game until March 8?
    Member of Grievance.

Taking a break from Neverwinter indefinitely...
  • ds3chromeds3chrome Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm not sure how I can help, except repeat the information that I have already given in my other posts in this thread.
  • ooznynkooooznynkoo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'd also like to help, in any way I can.
  • typhoid242typhoid242 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    As I wrote earlier I had the same issue as some of u have mentioned in this thread. During Beta weekend I uninstalled, redownloaded and reinstalled the game twice.

I did anything I could think of, checking router/connection/firewall/antivirus u name It, nothing worked. The longshot was to do a cleansweep and reinstall Win7.
    Dont ask me how or why, but It worked.
    The game now runs flawless and I can leave/enter instances and interact/chat with people/npc's.
    Im not saying this is the final solution for people, to reinstall their windows. But it worked for me and might work for some of you.
    Goodluck and hope to see u all in next Betaweekend out of Protectors Enclave.
  • dreamswildernessdreamswilderness Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Wow... I know these posts are from February, but I'm having this exact issue!! I'm in the US and my connection has been very good for everything else (streaming videos, audio, etc). Can't interact with NPCs, my stamina won't recharge and I can't continue on my quest after doing the tutorial.

No I'd rather not have to reinstall Windows 7, if I have to go through that much trouble I might as well stick with Planetside 2 which works just fine for me.