test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Account Error at Launcher Login :(

sshatesshate Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 33
edited February 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hi. I'm not able to download from the download page (buttons are gray), so I got the d/l link from my friend who I gave my friend key to.

After install, when I login at the launcher, i get "Account error, please click here for more information." (clicking the link goes to homepage lol)

Where as my friend is able to get past that and into the game's login screen. :(

edit: Try clearing cache for the browser(s) that you are using. Then logout and log back in. Google how to do it, steps are different for each browser.
Post edited by sshate on

Comments

• sshatesshate Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 33
    edited February 2013
    Actually, I just noticed that even though I bought Hero of the North pack (and in the Redeem key page, it shows i have it redeemed), it's now showing forum tag. lol

edit: figured this one out. Just need to go to User CP (below the banner on the top portion of the forum). Go to "Permission Groups" on the left. Then choose my package.
  • sshatesshate Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 33
    edited February 2013
    I opened a ticket. Relogged. Waited a bit. Cleared cache in my browser. Then Download page download button is activated. I click on downloading the file. Then when i login to launcher, I get patching to start. :o Maybe Support staffed helped me or maybe emptying the cache somehow helped launcher.
  • kaylaekaylae Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Same issue, hasn't resolved itself :( If anyone, including the OP, has a solution please yell. :D
  • drakne007drakne007 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    so im not sure if that's what your asking but account name > email address not your account that shows you logged in as, on the forums

so try using your email adress in your account name box.
  • kaylaekaylae Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Appreciate it, tried it but same result as using my account name.

It's not a wrong pass or anything, it connects to the launcher then says: Account error. Please see here for more details with here linking to the main website. :(

Have a ticket in but getting a bit paranoid given how little time is left! :D
  • joclojoclo Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm having the same issue. Also, when I log in, using my NW account name (<removed account login name>) OR my email, it says my user name is Scarab83, which I used with Star Trek Online, but has nothing to do with my Neverwinter account.
  • miffoman84miffoman84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    im having the same problem but i have the guardian founder pack and i get the same error with my email and username? this is sad not long to beta starts=(
  • barbaroybarbaroy Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I got the same thing, first time I logged in it was able to patch. Just for fun I hit Play, had me choose some lighting settings then said connecting to login server for a long time. I forced the game closed, now I'm getting the same error.... Oh it's patching again!

EDIT: After patch of about 100MB it the Play button is there again and it says Ready. Server Status is now Red (where as before it was green)

EDIT2: Now it's saying "Account error, please click here for more information" The here links me to the www.playneverwinter.com... Server status Green again. My Hero of the North is not showing either :(
  • rharsinrharsin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Likewise; "Account error, please click here for more information" that links me to an account support, which then auto-redirects to the playneverwinter.com homepage....

EDIT: Just retried, and got a PLAY button.... Sitting at login waiting for servers to go live now. :)
    edited February 2013
    Have submitted a ticket regarding it. Will update when more info is available.

Trying to decide if I want to wake up early to try play tomorrow since it doesn't look hopeful atm!
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    joclo wrote: »
    I'm having the same issue. Also, when I log in, using my NW account name (<removed account login name>) OR my email, it says my user name is Scarab83, which I used with Star Trek Online, but has nothing to do with my Neverwinter account.

Howdy, you log in with your PWE Account. Your Scarab83 would be your @handle and is universal across all of Cryptic's Games (NW, CO, and STO). You do not use your email address to log in. It is the same username that you use to log into the PWE Websites that you use to log into the Launcher and/or Client.

P.S. I removed your account username from your post for security reasons.
  • xan01xan01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Getting the same account error here. my dl links are still grayed out but I got it dled and installed an now this. Already cleared cookies and all that too:/
  • friar1976friar1976 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    Howdy, you log in with your PWE Account. Your Scarab83 would be your @handle and is universal across all of Cryptic's Games (NW, CO, and STO). You do not use your email address to log in. It is the same username that you use to log into the PWE Websites that you use to log into the Launcher and/or Client.

P.S. I removed your account username from your post for security reasons.

Thanks for clarifying this!

My next question,
    is the "account error" occurring because Beta doesn't open until 2pm CST? Or should all of us who are experiencing the issue be able to log in, patch into the client, but not be able to play?

In other words, should everyone be receiving the account error until beta opens?
  • friar1976friar1976 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think for those of us who crossed over from Star Trek Online are confused because it seemed we were forced into creating another user name when we bought the Founder's Pack. I can understand creating a different forum name, but now when I'm logged into Perfect World websites I'm @Friar**** Instead of @Vulcan****. It seems logical that one name remains consistently there. ...No pun intended with the whole Spock speakage.

UPDATE:
    If it helps anyone else...
    I have learned that I created another account aside from the account I was using for my Star Trek Online gaming. When the launcher appeared I tried logging in with the username I was using for STO. I then tried using the name that appeared on the top of this page. The username or password was incorrect. Finally, I used the right name and right password.
    What was making this difficult is that there are too many usernames being used. Maybe Perfect World would be willing to combine my accounts?
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yeah, use what you are LOGGING in with here if there is any question, not your display name we all see.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2013
    Strangely and rather wonderfully it randomly ( Worst sentence ever. ) started working fine this morning. Hope it did for everyone else, too!
  • shaudiusshaudius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I wasn't able to complete the patch and so restarted. Now I'm getting the account error, but also a message that says the servers are down for maintenance for the next hour.
    Neverwinter Foundry Fansite with IRC Chatroom - http://www.tavernugc.com. Chatroom also available through IRC on irc.geekshed.net, #tavernugc.
    Neverwinter Official Wiki - http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    I'm making sure all these Account Error issues are being brought to the Devs/Techs attention. Please hold tight, it may not hurt also to file a Support Ticket in the interim! A link to Support is up top every web page in the site.
  • khyfuskhyfus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    joclo wrote: »

I'm having the exact same problem, and this is after I purchased the Guardian of Neverwinter Package and my two accounts were merged, when I log in on the NW game client it still says Welcome Adonus (from STO) and gives me and account error and redirect. Problem wasn't solved with ticket on Friday (the day the beta started!) and here it is the last day of the beta, I still can't play, seems like support staff is off for the weekend (on a beta weekend, really?) and I can't play a beta I paid for!
  • khyfuskhyfus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Question Reference #130208-000361

I was working with "Support Staff 26" on Friday the 8th to try and get this issue resolved so I could get into the beta this weekend. I had a Cryptic account from STO, account name Adonus. When I bought the Guardian pack and created a PWE account, it merged the two. Now when I log in on this site it comes up with Khyfus, my NW name, shows that I have beta access and everthing, but when I log in on the client it says Welcome, Adonus, and I have an account error at the bottom and can't log in. Very frustrating, I paid $ because I wanted to get in on the beta and now its looking like I'll have missed out on this entire weekend. Any chance for a fix?

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide, I'm also sending this message in an email directly to customer service.