test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Character wipes ?

kalos1987kalos1987 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
Anyone know if there will be character wipes prior to release?
Post edited by kalos1987 on

Comments

• Options
    wozniackwozniack Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    IF YOU PAY 300-500 DOLLARS................BUT WAIT THERES MORE!!!

this is what is gonna be implied or said by cryptic and never winter.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    Yes, there will be a wipe prior to release. Probably one prior to Open Beta too but that hasn't been stated for sure or not, it should be a given understanding of the Testing process in MMOs however. What we do know for sure is that they do not plan on wiping in between the Closed Beta Weekends. Notice I said "plan," as plans are subject to change depending on circumstances during Beta.
  • Options
    trayvintrayvin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    from what ive read ther will be a wipe after every weekend event. I'm gonna try and track that down real quick and see where it was i saw it. i may be wrong.
  • Options
    roguehwzroguehwz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited February 2013
    I believe it's a wipe after every weekend or beta period.

Well, those who bought non-starter packs will have head-start on launch. To get an early start on character names hogging and power leveling... before the tide of F2P players come crashing in.
  • Options
    crazypie111crazypie111 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0
    edited February 2013
    If that's true nebular then that's great news. No wipes between the beta weekends would be perfect.
  • Options
    omocho1omocho1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Closed beta will wipe, that's just a given. Will do so at the end of the CB phase though.
    Open beta wont wipe since it's just full release with a grace period for "my bad"s. Well unless PWE/cryptic feel like milking open beta and charging a couple hundred dollars for entry into it....then again they probably wouldn't wipe even if they did do that.
  • Options
    talnorantalnoran Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Has anyone ever seen a beta where they let you keep your characters? I've tested games since the 90's and never once have I been able to keep a character.
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    wozniack wrote: »
    IF YOU PAY 300-500 DOLLARS................BUT WAIT THERES MORE!!!

this is what is gonna be implied or said by cryptic and never winter.

Cracks me up how a company can release such an awesome game, free to play no less, and yet some spoiled bratty kids can still find a way to be unhappy.
  • Options
    xakayashixxakayashix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    will there be a wipe between open beta and final release? cause that would really, really suck... what would be the 3 or 5 days early access to open beta been for if everythings been deleted?
  • Options
    l3uck3tl3uck3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 90
    edited May 2013
    Why wouldn't there be? This is a Beta.. Not the full game.
    ReignesLegacy_zpsb47e1102.png
  • Options
    eyeless4eyeless4 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Looks like a necro response to me
  • Options
    kill4kaytkill4kayt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No more wipes.

F2P games don't have open beta's they have Soft Launches; they just call them Open Beta.
    Close The World.txeN ehT nepO
  • Options
    clurdgeclurdge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 153 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    l3uck3t wrote: »
    Why wouldn't there be? This is a Beta.. Not the full game.

Keep thinking that. You are wrong... but keep thinking that it seems an impossible effort to make people understand the game launched a few days ago. There are no more wipes, cash shop is open, and this is the full game. "Full game" in the sense of any MMO at launch.... it will be patched and patched and patched until the game dies. If it does ok there will be expansions. In either case though this is the "full game" as of launch since it already happened.