test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What type of skum are you?

124»

Comments

• scry6escry6e Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I suppose i will have to see what's available, but style-wise I'd say as long as there's sneaking to be done i'll go from there.
  • blodvaerdblodvaerd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm more of a Brigand / Bandit type Rogue. Dual Weilding is my favorite, usually with a sword and mace.
    Ezreq "Bluddwolf" Blodvaerd
    Master The UnNamed Company
    http://unnamedcompany.guildlaunch.com
  • ladydwarfladydwarf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've always been a fan of the shameless thief who tries to mask her treasure-hunting desires with a flimsy veneer of noble intention, generally by drawing some tenuous connection between the ongoing quest and immediate sources of opportunity. If given any say in the party's next move, she advises shaking down the local bandit gang because "they might have information", or thoroughly searching the ambushed caravan before avenging the fallen because "there might be survivors". (Naturally, "information" and "survivors" are synonyms for "shiny valuables".)

If I end up enjoying the Trickster Rogue class and it feels sufficiently thief-like, I plan to play a character along those lines.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Learn more about this heretical halfling on the Neverwinter Hall of Records or Neverwinter Roleplayers
  • toadoflickingtoadoflicking Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My favorite rogue I've played was a 4E gnome Thief. I actually made her in 3E, but gave her no ranks in Sleight of Hand. She wasn't a thief; she was a treasure hunter. She didn't like stealing from people at all. She refused to do it, actually. Her skills were utilized in hunting down and retrieving treasures from ancient civilizations for her family to sell at a substantial profit.

In 4E I just roleplayed the ineptitude at picking pockets, though I had a very nice Thievery skill. I would like to continue that campaign some day.
  • kinsaedakinsaeda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My rogue gameplay is going to be all about fast combo's and maneuverability like how I used to play out my old Shadowdancer/ranger from 3.5ed. Roleplay wise though, at first he's going to be all about avoiding combat and just getting his job done. Sneaky espionage stuff, infiltration, getting good dirty on people in power. Rather than use it for his own gain, he'll make sure what he acquires gets to the proper hands to get things done. I haven't done a table top game in Faerun proper before, but I think he'd make a great Harper Agent.
  • shadowstalker59shadowstalker59 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Always liked the ninja or rogue/kensai myself.
    23.jpg
  • kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I want to play a rogue that is so tough that;

instead of daggers, he carries a duel-wielding rogue in each hand
    instead of arrows, his bow fires ranged rogues
    he generates his own shadows
    he steals from the rich to give to the poor and then steals from the poor just because he can
  • slowshieldslowshield Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    zynathar wrote: »
    I like rogues such as Artemis Entreri and Jarlaxle. I imagine my rogue as a fighter with the supreme talent in thievery, stealth and fighting of Entreri and the dazzling charm and acrobatic talents of Jarlaxle. So basically a fighter/rogue but unfortunately we're not allowed to multiclass. :(

You had me at Artemis Entreri.. <love>
    <Archons> +8 GMT Oceanic Guild, 300 Member Strong @ Dragon Server!
    banner.png
    Silverblade (60 TR), Silver (60 DC), SilverShield (60 GF), SilverStorm (60 CW), Ultimate (60 GWF)
  • mltdwnmltdwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 73
    edited March 2013
    Nah Waddy Wadkins, Hero Extraordinaire... Loved by women, hated by men for his ravishing good looks, and feared by all who would harm the weak.
  • plaxy100plaxy100 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Typically i'm a shadowdancing Rogue like to lurk about the battle field and kill what I can take down quickly, Now I did once play a Pixie Rogue(thief) from 4e Essential classes Weee Charge with rapier watch everything explode and Knock down flying dragons from the sky as a tiny character.
  • jasalphajasalpha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 32
    edited March 2013
    I mainly prefer to be in the thick of the battle. Strike hard and fade into the shadows, but I always leave at least some room for dealing with things at range. I mean there are just some things you don't want to have to close with. Other than that, sneaking around, dealing with traps and managing to pocket a few extra gold when no one is looking.
  • quickthornquickthorn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Call my rogue scum, and she'll do one of two things depending on her mood. She'll either punch you or she'll grin through her tusks and tell you that scum rises to the top. She didn't think the line up for herself, but she overheard it once and it stuck. I gave her a Luskan Bounty Hunter background and see her as a bruiser who uses roguish tricks to get the job done. I don't usually play half-orcs and think the idea of a stealthy one is a little strange, but I have a habit of getting attached to beta characters so who knows, she might get recreated for launch.

As for playstyle, I like to dance in and out of stealth, but mostly hit hard and fast with two weapons. Trap disarming is all part of the fun too. Most of all, the speed of rogues attracts me so I'm glad they didn't incorporate a reduced movement speed for stealth. I'm totally undecided on Paragon path, I'll have to look into that more.
  • ricktacularricktacular Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've been playing a Swashbuckler recently, who is, to me, rather Rogue-ish for a Fighter class. I played 4e to get a handle on the rules to be ready for Neverwinter (oh, what a fool am I!) and made a Rogue who is Swashbuckler-like. Having played the beta last week I was a little sad to see that there was not any way (yet?) to play as a "swashbuckler". That's okay, however, since I was able to break out my old rogue archetype from when I played a six-person party in the old Gold Box SSI D&D games.

Her name is Slique, and she is an Adventurer. As a rogue, she does not steal from others, but disables traps so that her party can be safe. She unlocks doors so that the party can proceed. While she can (and does) sneak & backstab (I like that it's now "flanking" and "sneak-attack"), it's not what defines her. She's flamboyant and the life of the party and wants to be the center of attention. Well, after the adventure. During the adventure she dresses in all black to mitigate attention. Her attacks are a dance. After she returns and counts her phat lewt, she then will dress for attention (but not like a complete courtesan ;) ) while celebrating in the tavern. She is in many ways the opposite to her "adopted" brother, a paladin of Torm.
  • arnathosarnathos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    hibyy wrote: »
    Well I may sound predictable but I enjoy a rogue that can remove nasty traps open locks and gather lots, and lots of gold. Plus running up behind an enemy with daggers helps too.

This......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • memnochdmemnochd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have always believed one of the things missing from these online games is a real sense of dungeon crawling. something where it takes an hour or 2 to delve deeper and deeper into the bowels. Also missing is TRAPS. Things where is people are not paying attention or if they do not have the utility of a rogue, will die. these could range from pressure plates or trapped chests, all kinds of things. with this you could have your dual wielding, backstabbing, stealthy, lockpicking, all around nasty rogue, with some helpful and wanted utility
  • prunetracyprunetracy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    memnochd wrote: »
    I have always believed one of the things missing from these online games is a real sense of dungeon crawling. something where it takes an hour or 2 to delve deeper and deeper into the bowels. Also missing is TRAPS. Things where is people are not paying attention or if they do not have the utility of a rogue, will die. these could range from pressure plates or trapped chests, all kinds of things. with this you could have your dual wielding, backstabbing, stealthy, lockpicking, all around nasty rogue, with some helpful and wanted utility

The kobold sewer quest features a dungeon with lots of traps. When I was in there with my party, we had the rogue lead the way disarming everything for us. We still ran into a few when our excitement got the best of us, and we took heavy damage for it.

As for old DnD style dungeon crawls that will kill your party for breathing wrong, I think that's a fairly niche interest. Fortunately, the Foundry can provide that exact game play for you, and anyone else who wants that experience.
  • jonrobinjonrobin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I would love to see a rogue/ranger........bow damage at a distance, but also pick pocket, locks/traps, and poisoned daggers in the back!