test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Founder's pack questions:

soapycleansoapyclean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm looking at the bundles, but I find myself ill informed about what these selling points or items actually mean. So I'm going to list my questions. I understand if some of these questions don't have an answer right now, or if they're under the NDA (which I've been told is lifted, but others say it wasn't.... so I'm not sure on the state of that).

1) I noticed that the $200 and $20 founder packs have a bag of holding for each character, but the $60 doesn't list it. It seems unintentional if even the lower tier has it included.

2) On that note, can you get extra bags/inventory without a cash shop? As large as the bag of holding? (12)

3) Are the companions and mounts you get from founders packs, or something comparable/equivalent, obtainable in the game without cash shop.

4) I don't think it's even been decided yet, but how much are astral diamonds worth? The large sums that come with the $60 and $200 packs look impressive, but without any sort of reference I can't tell if it's something I'd like to purchase.

5) Is the racial ability from the $200 pack (Faerie Fire) purely cosmetic, or equivalent to something else?

6) What is the Moonstone Mask Tavern that you can unlock in the $200 pack?

7) "Greycloak's Legacy" from the $200 pack says it has a unique enchantment that can be slotted into other items. Is this cosmetic?

8) How long are founder packs going to be on sale?
Post edited by soapyclean on

Comments

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    soapyclean wrote: »
    I'm looking at the bundles, but I find myself ill informed about what these selling points or items actually mean. So I'm going to list my questions. I understand if some of these questions don't have an answer right now, or if they're under the NDA (which I've been told is lifted, but others say it wasn't.... so I'm not sure on the state of that).

1) I noticed that the $200 and $20 founder packs have a bag of holding for each character, but the $60 doesn't list it. It seems unintentional if even the lower tier has it included.

Each Founder's Pack will stack, you can have up to one Guardian Pack AND one Hero Pack applied to a single account, but you can have as many Starter Kits applied as you want.

2) On that note, can you get extra bags/inventory without a cash shop? As large as the bag of holding? (12)

We cannot discuss the Cash Shop at this time, sorry!

3) Are the companions and mounts you get from founders packs, or something comparable/equivalent, obtainable in the game without cash shop.

Mounts are definitely in the game and not exclusive to the Cash Shop. I cannot go into any more details at this time.

4) I don't think it's even been decided yet, but how much are astral diamonds worth? The large sums that come with the $60 and $200 packs look impressive, but without any sort of reference I can't tell if it's something I'd like to purchase.

Astral Diamonds are the equivalent of Dilithium (STO) and Questionite (CO) and therefore are a part of a player-driven economy, so there is no right or wrong answer as their value will change constantly. Check out either of those two games (they are F2P also) to get an idea of their Exchange systems.

5) Is the racial ability from the $200 pack (Faerie Fire) purely cosmetic, or equivalent to something else?

This has not yet been disclosed, however it may be similar to the original DnD Drow Ability before it changed to "Darkfire."

6) What is the Moonstone Mask Tavern that you can unlock in the $200 pack?

I do not have any information on this, sorry!

7) "Greycloak's Legacy" from the $200 pack says it has a unique enchantment that can be slotted into other items. Is this cosmetic?

It is an item Enchantment. The enchantment system hasn't been announced yet.

8) How long are founder packs going to be on sale?

For now, all we know is that they will be selling them through out the stated Beta Weekends, so grab one while ya can if you want/can!

Responses in blue! Hope that helps. :)
  • Options
    itsfr0s7yitsfr0s7y Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Additional question to throw in there, if I purchase the $200 pack tomorrow, will I get access to this beta weekend even though it's already started?
  • Options
    mxmissile1mxmissile1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    itsfr0s7y wrote: »
    Additional question to throw in there, if I purchase the $200 pack tomorrow, will I get access to this beta weekend even though it's already started?

Anyone have an answer?
  • Options
    soapycleansoapyclean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I don't see a reason you wouldn't be able to, but you still have to download, install, and patch.
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    itsfr0s7y wrote: »
    mxmissile1 wrote: »
    Anyone have an answer?
    Q: If my friends missed the start, can he or she join me while Beta is happening?
    A: Yes! They may also join you during Beta by purchasing a Neverwinter Founder's Pack. We'll see you and your party in the Forgotten Realms!

There you go!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gilbeggerbgilbeggerb Member Posts: 40
    edited February 2013
    I've heard that people who did not purchase a bundle will only have two character slots.
    Is this true? Is there any way to purchase more character slots without having to purchase the bundles?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Credit for image to Shiaika. I just stole it!
  • Options
    j0reelj0reel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    gilbeggerb wrote: »
    I've heard that people who did not purchase a bundle will only have two character slots.
    Is this true? Is there any way to purchase more character slots without having to purchase the bundles?

You can buy more slots through the cash shop, but for right now $60 will get you 1 more slot while $200 will get you 3 more slots.