test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Iamtruthseeker or anyone else who can answer. Character progression ???'s

zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
edited February 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
How often do we get Attribute points and Feat Points?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Character is what a man is in the dark
Post edited by zylaxx on

Comments

• sakuda13sakuda13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The feats are every 10 lvls

Seen that in a Beta press video
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    I would assume it would follow a similar standard based upon the 4th edition rules.

In 4e, you get two points at specific levels, which you can only spend one point in one stat and the other can only be spend in a different stat. From the 4e PHB, "Gaining Levels" section:
    At 4th, 8th, 14th, 18th, 24th, and 28th levels, you increase two ability scores by 1 (you can't take both increases in the same score). At 11th and 21st levels, you increase each of your ability scores by 1.
    As for feats, this is what the 4e Rules state:
    You learn one feat at 1st level, one new feat at every even-numbered level after that, plus one new feat at 11th and 21st levels.
    Keep in mind, this is an MMO and the level cap is much higher, so while progression will remain similar to PnP DnD, it may not be a literal translation but this should give you an idea of progression in regards to abilities and feats.
  • zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Thanks Zeb.

You guys are either night owls, excited and can't sleep or all 3. :D

Theres 60 levels right? or 50? Sorry I forgot lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • tronc8463tronc8463 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    zylaxx wrote: »
    Thanks Zeb.

You guys are either night owls, excited and can't sleep or all 3. :D

Theres 60 levels right? or 50? Sorry I forgot lol.

My monies on resistance training for launch.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    *the mage smiles*

Sleep is for mortals and non-elves.

60 levels, correct. What this means for progression beyond the 4e limits, we'll just have to wait a few more hours and see. ;)
  • lyfebanelyfebane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 312 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Feats start at 10 I saw in a press beta vid, and looked like stats every 10
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I am not evil, I am just cursed.
  • jimhonjimhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 50
    edited February 2013
    I think feats start at level 10 and then you get 1 per level. When the developer Zeke leveled the press guys up to 16 to run the cloak tower they had 7 spare "heroic feat" points.

You get +1 to two ability scores every 10 levels, so 10,20,30,40,50,60.

I assume you continue gaining feat points at the same rate until you start earning Paragon feat points around level 40. Its also possible you continue getting heroic feats at a reduced rate after this point.
    edited February 2013
    I didn't mean to come across as saying that it will be literally what it is in the book, I meant that as to give an idea that the progression will be of a similar break-down, which is what I meant by the level 60 comment of mine, "What this means for progression beyond the 4e limits, we'll just have to wait a few more hours and see."

Naturally, because the level cap and this being an MMO, things will need to be different but how it is done will remain very similar in nature. I've updated my original response to be more clear on this.
  • morhilanemorhilane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 46
    edited February 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    Naturally, because the level cap and this being an MMO, things will need to be different but how it is done will remain very similar in nature. I've updated my original response to be more clear on this.

The way I see it, Cryptic went with what they have done in STO: a full PnP level is split into smaller ones to allow for more frequent level up and avoid the game having just 20-30 levels.
  • arkonagadearkonagade Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    lyfebane wrote: »
    Feats start at 10 I saw in a press beta vid, and looked like stats every 10
    the items I saw in videos had no stats, "only" power. I wonder what power does, and how we get extra stamina etc
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    arkonagade wrote: »
    the items I saw in videos had no stats, "only" power. I wonder what power does, and how we get extra stamina etc

They had stats. One showed also had regen on it.

Zeke said stamina from feats.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will confirm as it's been shown in press videos it's feat points starting from level 10, and there are later paragon ones, and stat points are 2 every 10 levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]