test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FORUM Request - Foundry subsection!

thefreelongthefreelong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
edited February 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
This is a request for a Foundry Forum!

For DM's:
A place where DM's can share ideas/get user input and improve content before released.
Great place to advertise about an upcoming dungeon / epic adventure.

For new Foundry Users:
Give tips and tricks on how to use/hack (improving the Foundry without breaking EULA) the Foundry.

For Developers:
Receive feedback on the Foundry.
Tease upcoming NEW Foundry Features.

Am i the only one feeling the need for a Foundry specific Forum?
Sign if you also want a Foundry Forum

- Freelong
Post edited by thefreelong on

Comments

• ruinedmirageruinedmirage Member Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Foundry and how strong/versatile it will be is a major influence in deciding whether or not to invest in this game. I agree, the devs have poured a portion of their lives into this section of NWO and even praise it as a selling point.

*signs up*
  • tinbender02tinbender02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 209 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Agreed this will be needed, especially by the time of open beta or sooner depending on NDA for closed beta.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *sniffs* Me want ranger
  • thefreelongthefreelong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Agreed this will be needed, especially by the time of open beta or sooner depending on NDA for closed beta.

Would be great to have a Foundry Forum right now so we can start to trade ideas / Receive feedback!
  • tinbender02tinbender02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 209 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Would be great to have a Foundry Forum right now so we can start to trade ideas / Receive feedback!

True I was just trying to indicate the need is only going to get stronger as time progresses. I personally would like to see those who intend to increase my gaming experience have as much headstart as possible. :) so I vote for right now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *sniffs* Me want ranger
  • asdfasdfgfasdfasdfgf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    signed.
    /10char
  • visionstorm01visionstorm01 Member Posts: 561 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    This would probably be a good idea for a game where the Foundry is its main feature. It would also been a good place to discuss existing Foundry quests once they start rolling in.

Some current info on what they have planned for the foundry can be found here. Its a long presentation about UGC in general and the planning that has gone into NWO's Foundry specifically, as well as the dev's past experiences with the STO Foundry.

Belhifet
    Rigas Crimstone, Officer

"Perfecting the art of being a meatshield since 1998"

Banners of the Light
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    There will be other subsections coming along when the game is actually open to the general public.

You might have noticed we also lack a few other forums such as Tech Support ;)
    edited February 2013
    This would probably be a good idea for a game where the Foundry is its main feature. It would also been a good place to discuss existing Foundry quests once they start rolling in.

Some current info on what they have planned for the foundry can be found here. Its a long presentation about UGC in general and the planning that has gone into NWO's Foundry specifically, as well as the dev's past experiences with the STO Foundry.

Thanks alot :D
    edited February 2013
    There will be other subsections coming along when the game is actually open to the general public.

You might have noticed we also lack a few other forums such as Tech Support ;)

True :) But would be lovely to have Foundry Forum right now :D To share and improve ideas so that we (the community) will be ready to create great content for users right from the start :D
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    NDA restricts a lot of that ATM, sorry 'bout that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kormaikormai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 91
    edited February 2013
    Well there is some information http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pn7iU4EwTc out already so why prohibit talking bout it?
  • muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes to this; by launch would be ideal.
  • aethandor8785aethandor8785 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013

Thanks for providing the link. I hadn't seen this presentation before and it was well worth watching.
    Tyrs Paladium
    A Cleric has 99 problems, but a Lich aint one!
  • keirkinkeirkin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

I am so glad this video keeps making the rounds it is an awesome video I love it.
  • dogmaraiderdogmaraider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Add these votes to the request. I started a thread for this; it was just bumped to the second page.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?33671-Forum-Section-for-Foundry-Threads
    zebular wrote: »
    I'll talk with CM Pin about this when he is back in the office. :)
    <-- Voted Yes.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    I assure you all, when the Foundry is in the Public's Testing hands, there will be a Public Foundry forum. :)

Right now? Nay, sorry!
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    What he said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]