test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

We have werewolves, but will we have Vampires?

Comments

• Options
    percadinpercadin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited January 2013
    Can I get a whoop whoop for some shambling mounds?
  • Options
    elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    percadin wrote: »
    Can I get a whoop whoop for some shambling mounds?
    Whoo.... No! Lol.

Ok back to topic. If I post many posts in this thread and 99% of them has also something to do with Vampires or at least a Vampire TV serie or a movie it is crystal clear I want Vampires in this game. There will be certainly Vampires without them it would feel for me like a Dungeons and Dragons game without Dragons. I don't demand that Vampires must be involved heavily in some Cryptic main story, but that Vampires are available as monster from the Foundry should be reasonable wish.

Yes with all logic this game will have both Werewolves and Vampires. The only interesting thing is to discuss is more how the Vampires will look and that has become more clear in the recent posts.
  • Options
    varkunvarkun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Oozes slimes and jellies, shambling mounds and jelatinous cubes. Oh such fond memories wonder if any will make it in.
    Makes me want to go and dig out all of my old books.
  • Options
    xearrikxearrik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    varkun wrote: »
    Oozes slimes and jellies, shambling mounds and jelatinous cubes. Oh such fond memories wonder if any will make it in.
    Makes me want to go and dig out all of my old books.

I've been begging for a muck raid in DDO for years now!
    Da kitties don't speak for me, deez kitties speak fur us all!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'll Keep this up till beta goes live. I'll improve it soon.
  • Options
    percadinpercadin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 33
    edited January 2013
    and then? A Terrasque
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    xearrik wrote: »
    Amen brother! I miss that show. It's been so long that I totally forgot about it till I read this post. This is why I don't like any of the new stuff. They pale in comparison to what I used to watch ^^. This show was like the vampire version of The Dresdin Files novels(Not the freaking horrible TV series). They pay a lot of attention to detail and cover a large range of lore. They try to make it as realistic as possible.

Though I was able to stomach shows like Buffy mainly because of the humor. I don't expect as much attention to detail from comedies. That Buffy musical episode was amazing!

Big Buffy fan here too! Two of my favorite shows actually dealt with sound. We obviously have discussed "Once More With Feeling." My other one was with nobody talking in an entire episode, called "Hush." If you want to see how well a show can do, cut out all the talking!

Oh, and if they put Twilight vampires in this game, they'll WISH it was only vampires hunting them! * ominous lightning flash and thunder clap*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    xearrikxearrik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Big Buffy fan here too! Two of my favorite shows actually dealt with sound. We obviously have discussed "Once More With Feeling." My other one was with nobody talking in an entire episode, called "Hush." If you want to see how well a show can do, cut out all the talking!

Hush was my second favorite episode. I don't think we are alone when it comes to those two episodes. I'm pretty sure they won awards. Or at least got nominated for something. I can't remember, I just know they rocked.
    Da kitties don't speak for me, deez kitties speak fur us all!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'll Keep this up till beta goes live. I'll improve it soon.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    percadin wrote: »
    and then? A Terrasque
    Well I have nothing against it. I could be a good sidequest or a Foundry Quest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarrasque_(Dungeons_%26_Dragons)
    It is a dinosaurlike monster but magical Evil Beast... that has very low intelligence and sleeps most of its lifetime. That said when it rarely does a rampage heroes might be needed to stop it. It is not a Demon and its lair is usually deep underground.

Sure other monsters. I also want to see Demons. One of my favorite Buffy The Vampires Slayers episodes has to do with a powerful Demon that can not be stopped by any weapon forged according to the legend. Buffy The Vampire Slayer and her friend Angel(a Vampire with a soul a good Vampire) seems powerless against the mighty but slightly stupid and overconfident Demon. Anyway I had a really good laugh at the solution to defeat the undefeatable Demon;).

Yeah sure why not a Magical Beast like Tarrasque and Demons. Usually tougher PvE content is Vampires, Demons and Dragons and well yeah big Giants. Of course other NPC like Bane or Cyric worhshippers might be opponents. I would not call Werewolves as easy opponents and a pack leader can be a powerful opponent.
  • Options
    catburger003catburger003 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Vampires and werewolfs and zombies are too mainstream, why can't we have fairies, cute little dwarves and elfs, and mermaids, who doesn't love mermaids? jk.

If there are vampires in this game I prefer them to look more bat-like appearance like Man-Bat from Batman. I want to see them with over exaggerized features like the nostrils being to big and the ears having realistic bat ears and at least a little hairy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want to HAMSTER in Neverwinter, whenever I want, for as long as I want.
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well, we know we got devils at least.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well, we know we got devils at least.

And succubus (Rohini)
  • Options
    chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    As a player who loves to create and wants to give the community (hopefully) some great adventures through the foundry, I sure hope vampires are in the game.

I have a whole adventure series planned (planned being the key word here) that revolves around vampires.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • Options
    bluesteel8bluesteel8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Still a better story than Twilight
    [SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
    The Older Gamers (25+) - Never too old to play games
  • Options
    mandodo69mandodo69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 6
    edited January 2013
    mnatic wrote: »
    of course how else are we supposed to get the twilight fans in.... sheshhhh
    please god no twi-tards
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    mandodo69 wrote: »
    please god no twi-tards
    If you want me to PvP convince me these players are them! :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lordgrimmwoodlordgrimmwood Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    bluesteel8 wrote: »
    Still a better story than Twilight

But....isn't any story a better story than Twilight?
    tumblr_mm7g22WQog1spm248o1_1280.png

My first Foundry mission, The Valley of Darkness NW-DG9DOTZLU
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Vampires and werewolfs and zombies are too mainstream, why can't we have fairies, cute little dwarves and elfs, and mermaids, who doesn't love mermaids? jk.

If there are vampires in this game I prefer them to look more bat-like appearance like Man-Bat from Batman. I want to see them with over exaggerized features like the nostrils being to big and the ears having realistic bat ears and at least a little hairy.
    What the... ?! Vampires while they might temporary polymorph to bats or even Mist should not be in some ugly Bat humanoid form or even worse really ugly Nosferatu!

See Vampires in The Vamipire Diaries or True Blood TV series. I get Twilight gets so much hate but that is not all about the story it is also the actors. Personally I am more neutral to Twilight.

If you look at Damon Salvatore character in The Vampire Diaries season he is certainly not a good Vampires but neither is he a Demon that wants that whole World Ends.

If you want even more Evil looking Vampires then in those TV series this is maximum Evil looking Vampires that I accept:
    elewyndyl wrote: »
    You can see Vampires in True Blood and The Vampires Diaries TV series. They look like humans with long teeth and maybe a bit pale, but not much pale.

A Vampire might look like a monster when it attacks, but Vampires might look also very much as beautiful humans etc. However Vampires might also look more like monster:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTUUZe9yy-8
    The blonde Vampire you can see her at 57 second I have seen her in a movie. She is in this movie:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120877/
    In that movie you can see Vampires that look more like monster however female Vampires can still look beautiful. If you want to see Vampires that look more like humans then see True Blood and The Vampire Diares series.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    If you see Vampires in the Beta can you confirm that they exist and how they look or is it under NDA?
  • Options
    lordgrimmwoodlordgrimmwood Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    elewyndyl wrote: »
    If you see Vampires in the Beta can you confirm that they exist and how they look or is it under NDA?

yes plz, just want confirmation on them
    tumblr_mm7g22WQog1spm248o1_1280.png

My first Foundry mission, The Valley of Darkness NW-DG9DOTZLU
  • Options
    ruinedmirageruinedmirage Member Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    The most iconic vampire-like character I've ever cared to associate with vampire fandom is the Count from Sesame Street.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    One, two, three Founder's packs....one,two, three Beta weekends AHH HAA HAA *thunder and lightning*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ruinedmirageruinedmirage Member Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    The Count's CHA score is higher than even HE could count to.
  • Options
    amorraamorra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    varkun wrote: »
    Pfft vampires, give me a good old rust monster.
    ._. Rot Grubs...
  • Options
    castagyrecastagyre Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I was never one much for White Wolf (lets face it, any vampire talk will bring out the WoD just as quickly as anything else) but I have always wanted to fully explore the story of a Nosferatu motivational speaker I tried to play once...
    Remembering Hanlon's Razor can save one a lot on aspirines.
  • Options
    lordthrudlordthrud Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Has there been any info on just how close we can delve into characters when creating a foundry mission.

I only ask because I am looking at my bookshelf and wondering if a tribute to Ravenloft is out of the question?
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Sure, there'll be vampires and werewolves in the game. So we can kill them!!

No, they won't be playable races. Get over it.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    jdk2011jdk2011 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 89
    edited February 2013
    I am really hoping for an expansion that would include ravenloft with a raid on castle ravenloft. I picture a mist portal somewhere in the woods around never winter that takes you to a town in barovia where you get quests and a full story arc that ends with fighting strand. I can't imagine anything cooler.
  • Options
    ichbinichbin Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    I wonder if they'll add a vampiric template for the cash shop... ;)
  • Options
    kingslayer74kingslayer74 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 75
    edited February 2013
    Bah Humbug! I'm not a fan of either were-anything or vampire-anything being included in the Forgotten Realms setting. I just don't like mixed themes. If you want werewolves and vampires then go play a horror mmo. If you want spaceships and laser guns then go play a sci-fi mmo. Keep Forgotten Realms for fantasy mmo playing.

That was why I never got into Ebberon...it's made for people with ADHD who can't focus on one theme. They had to have fantasy AND sci-fi rolled into one. Bleh! No thanks!

But I don't get any say if Neverwinter has werewolves & vampires but personally I think it cheapens the experience. Just my 2 copper.
  • Options
    ichbinichbin Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Bah Humbug! I'm not a fan of either were-anything or vampire-anything being included in the Forgotten Realms setting. I just don't like mixed themes. If you want werewolves and vampires then go play a horror mmo. If you want spaceships and laser guns then go play a sci-fi mmo. Keep Forgotten Realms for fantasy mmo playing.

but... werewolves and vampires are fantasy... Its like saying orcs are just horror, coz they're monstrous & like to kill ppl.