test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Comment to Win: What are your plans for Beta Weekends in Neverwinter?

Comments

• Options
    ruikesan85ruikesan85 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    I'm going to learn as much as i can about how the classes work given that it's different from tabletop in some ways. I don't think I'll get to play every class but there's a few I want to get down and dirty with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm going to try and group up for some questing and foundry created content with some friends and try to find exploits to report so when the game goes live there will be as little as possible to stop the players from enjoying this game.

I want this game to succeed and grow with popularity and the best way to do that is with feedback.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • Options
    mekerekmekerek Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I want to try out as many different Classes as possible, that's always the challenge, I love playing many different styles and each time I have a new game, it's a whole new ballgame to figure out how they work and which would be fun! Groups are also fun to try to fit into, where the shortage is.
  • Options
    entourloupedentourlouped Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Haha ! That is a good question !

Me and my mates planned to play the hardest as possible (24/24 7/7 gaming), reaching level max first on the server with different characters, and trying to finish all the contents.

PROBLEM OFFICER ? :)

PS: Seriously, do you really think that we have time to do something else than playing NW during those weekends ?
  • Options
    aragoharagoh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My journey in the beta weekend events for Neverwinter Online will be tiered between the beta weekends to best make use of my time and the developers time.

During the first beta weekend event I will be throwing myself into the foundry to start the creative process of making missions and such along with testing campaign ideas that I have been thinking about.

Aside by using some of the time to create I will also be trying to destroy and by that I mean I will attempt to break your foundry Cryptic, I am going to try every way possible to find all of the exploits in the foundry that people will try to use to get quick xp and quick loot. I want the foundry to be a place where players can tell their own stories. I don't want the foundry to turn into a place that people go to get quick loot and exp. It would take away from the majesty of user generated content which I think is this games strongest point being as its set in the most popular D&D campaign setting there is.

I hope I don't find to many bugs within the foundry but if I do I will be sure to write detailed reports on each one I find and each feature I think could be exploited into ill begot gain among some of the player base.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Credit: Syreian: Devient Art
  • Options
    chaosxfactorchaosxfactor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think i'm gonna take it slow, try to get into every nook and cranny. Test as much as possible, see if the all dungeons are full of goblins, and all the NPCs have a stiff drink in their hands. I will. I'll to try get a in-depth look at Neverwinter and kill as many bugs as that is humanly possible. So hopefully I can be one of the exterminators that get this already superb game to the exquisite game that you guys want.

Excitedly and sincerely, Chaos :D
    edited February 2013
    Going to hit 15 as soon as possible to try out the Foundry.

Been brewing up some stories....
  • Options
    rezdelnavarezdelnava Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I plan on finding the ruins of the Spirit Soaring so I can commune with my favorite Ghost-King, Cadderly.
  • Options
    bluelightninglaibluelightninglai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    my goal is to try out every class.
  • Options
    linktriforce22linktriforce22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    my plans are to enjoy a great game and play with friends. And to prove to all the people that say the game is dumb, that it is not dumb it is awesome and amazing...........also to ride my horse mount. HI HO SILVER AWWWWWAAAAAAYYYYY!!
  • Options
    rynociratorrynocirator Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am going to explore with friends, pillage dungeons, and drink all the ale I can. After all that is what dnd is about. Am I right?
  • Options
    helt3rske1terhelt3rske1ter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would spend my time during this beta-weekend exploring every possible dungeon. Getting max level as soon as possible. Putting in as many hours as I possibly can. :)
  • Options
    normanoftharnormanofthar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited February 2013
    Work through the beta to find any problems before "live" hits. Testing as much as possible (and hopefully seeing those issues resolved) so when the game go live I can with confidence tell others "This is a game you need to be playing".
  • Options
    mourninglordmourninglord Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Sadly, I was not selected as a winner in the last comment to win thread, so currently not in beta.

However, if I were in beta for the beta weekend, the first thing I would do is jump for joy at being in beta. Then I would make my character, (a cleric most likely), and explore around Neverwinter and say hello (so to speak) to the monsters in the area and in the dungeons as I am an avid adventurer and self proclaimed guide. I would, as a cleric, seek out others who would need someone to help them explore and get to know the denizens of the area. We could adventure together and kill, err say hello to many of the creatures and "party" with them. These goals for beta I have, may seem lofty, but they are also the hopes (and dreams) of a true adventurer who wishes to see the world which lays before him and to experience it in ways that only a few brave (and lucky) souls can.

" " " Mourninglord " " "
    *** Mourninglord ***
  • Options
    aethandor8785aethandor8785 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    When my pc gamer weekend comes up I hope to see as much content as I can in three days. I can't wait for open beta and launch! Winning the Hero of the North pack would be fantastic!
    Tyrs Paladium
    A Cleric has 99 problems, but a Lich aint one!
  • Options
    jenny867jenny867 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 75
    edited February 2013
    I really would like to spend some time working with the foundry learning the ins and outs so that I can create some great content come launch. But I would also really want to try out the crafting too. I'm curious as to how it works and if we will be able to create weapons and armor and what types.

I would probably also try and make a character of every class so I can test out which one I really liked. And well if there is any time left possibly some Dungeon runs with a fun group so we can take our time exploring every little nook and cranny.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    shane1120shane1120 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My plan is to try out the class I'm most interested in; the control wizard. I will have to take a break in the evening though to play a tabletop d&d game at my friends house.
  • Options
    firaxesfiraxes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My goal would be to learn as much as possible about the Control Wizard, the class I will primarily focus on once OB starts, and start getting a good idea of how I will build him.
  • Options
    lunarnightlunarnight Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Definitely to dive back into a game with some friends and fight some amazing foes! I'm also going to use this time to finalize what kind of character I want to be and what back story to write for my character. :) Very excited!
  • Options
    mastrshadowmastrshadow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My plan for beta is to test the game... It may be a cliche answer but that's the purpose of why we're beta testing. I will most definitely enjoy myself and use the opportunity to learn the quests so come launch I can be ahead of the curve, but I won't sacrifice writing a bug report to further a character that's not sticking around. Ultimately, that will give me a better play experience when the game does launch (assuming bug reports are actually worked.)

My daughter will head off to grandmas. My job will get put on pause. Sleep will become a 4 letter word. I will then proceed to butcher all things that stand in my path and hope that the game is stable enough to not have to stop every 5 minutes to write a bug report!
  • Options
    indy20indy20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My plans are to test the game as much as possible and use the forums to report bugs and glitches in the game. By doing this I will not only help the dev staff out a lot but overall make the game better and a more fun experience at launch. I also plan on diving into the lore of Neverwinter and D&D.I loved Neverwinter Nights its probably my all time favorite rpg for the pc. So far from what I've both seen at video game conventions that I have attended is that the game itself is both beautiful and really sticks to the lore. I know a lot of other people are just going to want to look at the graphics and the game play but for me one of the most important aspects of an mmorp is the story. The two classes that I look forward the most to playing is the Guardian Fighter and the Trickster Rogue. I've been playing MMO's since I was 12 and the two things that has always appealed to me is the tank and fast melee dps characters. I'm sure if I like what I see in the game that I'll recommend it to my clan. We go around different MMO's as a group of like minded players.
  • Options
    noshmeknoshmek Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited February 2013
    I will be establishing a storyline for my Dwarven Wizard, exploring known lore, and making multiple versions of him until I create the ultimate version. Through this task, I will be stretching the character creator to its limit, and then poking every nook and cranny in the starting areas until I am absolutely satisfied that he will be a quintessential presence in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    kevinwinterkevinwinter Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm looking forward to exploring and creating characters; creating characters has always been a favorite part of mine when playing D&D.

Oh, I'm also excited to see how this stacks up with Turbine's DDO!
  • Options
    aomeyaomey Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    My plans for the beta Weekend are simple :

Try out all the differences classes & the game mechanics by finishing all the contents available in order to be ready to rush when the game will be released . Also I want to check how could work the RP so I can see if i'll choose a pvp or a RP server .
    Me and my crew are french, MMO's hardcoregamer , and we play D&D since we met when we were 8 years old with D&D version 3.0 . We also grew up with Baldur's & the other NWN's , so I think that you guyz can imagine how hard we are expecting NW .

Anyway I will play the Beta for sure ! I'll do anything to increase my chances to be a part of the top scene when game is released , so i'll definetly get the Gurdian's pack if I see that i'm not lucky enought to win a key . Prob is that im a broken student so I can't afford the founder's pack that I want so much .. SO MUCH ! Seriusly... Drizzt's skin.. Guenhwyvar as a pet.. Spider mount like the drow priestess are using.. a lot of things to dream about !

So I hope that I won't be disqualified cause I said that i'll buy a guardian pack anyway , thx for reading & moreover thx to give us a chance to win that expensive FREAKY PERFECT pack !

Ps : I do apologie if there is some gramatical mistakes , as I said im a froggeater !
  • Options
    artemisxx7artemisxx7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I want to explore the beautiful world you created and of course slay as many beastie's as humanly possible!
  • Options
    tremofstonetremofstone Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Wanna try out all the classes, and all the main abilities. Then decide what my main character will be. :)
  • Options
    loinofbeef1loinofbeef1 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I plan to take screenshots and video and then hit up as many people on facebook, guildies from other games, old D&D buddies to get them revved up and excited for the game. Though may not be until second weekend as that's when my beta will start unless I win access to the first weekend.
    21.jpg
  • Options
    kaelsynkaelsyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My plans for the beta weekend

1 - Send wife to a weekend getaway
    2 - send child to grand parents
    3 - order pizza and lots of red bull
    4 - play as many classes as possible and avoid sleeping

:)
  • Options
    katalystikkatalystik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm hoping the Foundry is available as I really want to start working in that if I should get in to this first testing so that I can focus on combat in the last two that I for sure have access to. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    steelheartxsteelheartx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Exploration! Looking forward to trying out some different classes and exploring this world to it's fullest!
    Looking for a family that you can game with for life? Check out Grievance at www.grievanceguild.com !
This discussion has been closed.