test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Comment to Win: What are your plans for Beta Weekends in Neverwinter?

Comments

• Options
    stranasstranas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Definitely plan to try Foundry. I will also try at least 1 or 2 classes and try and make it thought the starting area.
  • Options
    cimozzocimozzo Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Nerding to try the game ;D
  • Options
    vrynavryna Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well, first of all, i'd have a look at all the different classes, and see what would suit my playstyle, something tanky and with enough damage, or maybe more of a "glass cannon". After i picked my class, i'd need a race that suits me, and complements the class i'm playing. Now that i have both class and race, i'll probably spend a good time coming up with a equally suitable name.

This would probably the first hour of "playing" the game.

When i finally get into the game, i'll be spending it mostly on questing and solo stuff. Taking my time to explore zones, and really taking in the view. Reading as much as possible about the lore whenever i can is also one of the things i plan on doing.

But, possibly the most important thing, is to properly BETA-test the game. Try and get to places i'm not supposed to go, try and break the game if possible so that you guys know what you still need to fix for the full release.

All in all, that's probably going to be how i spend my first beta weekend
  • Options
    blackcraftherblackcrafther Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The 1st thing i'm gonna do is give my best friend the acces key that comes with the pack, and once we are both in, start our engiens, and skype the hell threw Neverwinters till we get everything there is to get!!!!
  • Options
    eledaareledaar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My goal is to play and enjoy the latest DnD based online game. This is paramount - I have been waiting for a good replacement of DDO, and a fresh take on a DnD video game. I love DnD, and wish to play this game with my friends who are located in other states (playing online tabletop is a little rough)
  • Options
    gizer1gizer1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My goal is to try out as many things as I can. Classes, Races, Foundry and other systems, everything. I will aslo try to explore as far as I can, and give You back much feedback as possible!
  • Options
    sakuda13sakuda13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will prolly try a few characters then explore and run some dungeons
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dcacentricdcacentric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My plan would be to explore all the customization in character creation, make my signature Tiefling rogue and explore the world. I would pass right by most of the people trying to level as fast as possible, noting the creatures and how the hordes of people in beta are swarming over them. I'd then continue to venture into the vast areas around Neverwinter until I was thoroughly lost. By the point I'd likely encounter enemies far beyond my ability to kill, but being the rogue I am, I must challenge myself and those around me. So I would fight this enemy and more then likely die a glorious death, and all the while I would see the artwork and scenery involved in bringing D&D to a MMO level.
  • Options
    ragegnomeragegnome Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I will probably make and remake about a dozen different characters and never settle on one solid concept. I hope to do as much exploration as possible, with a focus on the player made dungeons. I will try to make one character that is just focused on getting to higher level content, as I never really got to the companion content in the previous alpha bits.
  • Options
    allumo619allumo619 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    well since you say its beta weekend then if i would get in would be to try out the game and help as i could on finding possible bugs, and see what caused it to make a detailed description, and also provide feedback on the game. apart from it would also try to have fun playing the game
  • Options
    fnortnerfnortner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Look at all the character creation options.
    Run around the map, as far as I can go, to explore locations and see sights.
    Get a little experience, to check out character progression.
  • Options
    ironbloodzironbloodz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    PARTY!............................with my friends and enjoy the game. Also need to find a mind flayer and have a intense chess battle!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    relsharrelshar Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Will climb every mountain and cross every sea. Then stop for a cup of tea before slaying the beastie train behind me.
  • Options
    mazarenmazaren Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 67
    edited February 2013
    My goal for the beta is to figure out my class mechanics, try all of the dungeons i can. dont want to hit level cap i want every lore piece i can remain hidden until i can surpass it. I also want to figure out game features that have no news released such as crafting proffs and auction house and stuff just to learn everything i can before release.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    elusionlolelusionlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My plan is to play the rogue and the control wizard class ....from what i ve seen on the videos they seem like fun.I would like to explore the content ,lore,quest etc.
  • Options
    jokerdennisjokerdennis Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If I win, I will be finally be able to extend my dream to realization. I have read every available book, that is about Drizz't Do Urden and his fellow friends. Besides that I have read a couple of books about neverwinter and other places in the world of faerun. It would be a dream that has become reality.

Besides that I am currently enrolled in a Internship at San Francisco, the beautiful city in the world! So please let my dream come true and let me be able to play Drizz't Do Urden and renegade the world of Faerun with Guenhwyvar my loyal friend and trusted companion!
  • Options
    leopardladyleopardlady Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Is it to hit the level cap as quickly as possible? Conquer every dungeon delve with your friends?

Let us know and one lucky Neverwinter fan will win a Hero of the North Founder's Pack! This contest will end Monday, February 4, 2013, at 12pm PST (Pacific).

If you didn't win, another way to get access to Beta Weekend 1 on February 8, 2013 is to purchase a Founder's Pack. Get yours today before it's too late!

I would explore as much as possible, then if I had time left see what the foundry holds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tapoutnztapoutnz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The plan is simple Annihilation.
  • Options
    shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    geddings12 wrote: »
    I already have a hero of the north pack (if i win could i get refund for it? haha)
    I'd ask for a Guardian pack instead.;) (or give it away)

For the record(feedback) I know for sure that I'll check the customization of each race. If I don't waste some hours there, something is wrong. Very wrong. Most of the time will be Foundry with its bugs, crashes and whatever else it throws at me while I try to delve deep into its secrets. The normal game? I haven't actually thought much about it. I know that I want to see Neverwinter and "check" some content but the Foundry is priority target for me. Unless you need my presence to do some "Stress Test".
  • Options
    rukazerrukazer Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Sir, i intent to create chaos in all the taverns in Faerun, with my naked dwarf equipped only with boots and my axe!

DRINK ALL THE ALE!!!
  • Options
    rinjinjinrinjinjin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3
    edited February 2013
    My plans are to completely ignore my husband and kids and to play as much as I can. Also, I enjoy breaking things so finding bugs is also on my agenda. I'm so excited to see and test as much as possible!

(I already bought the Guardian pack, but I would love to win this so I can give it to my husband for being awesome enough for allowing me to ignore him and the kids to play video games. He claims he doesn't care whether or not he can play a Drow, but I know better!)
  • Options
    rpwolverinerpwolverine Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well my first goal would be to test a little of everything to see what the game has to offer. After that I will be doing my duty to try to break as many things as I can and give you guys feedback, after all that is the purpose of betas :). Since I am unemployed atm I can play a lot. Hope you guys get some good feedback and everything you need to make the game better, hopefully Ill get a chance to play.
  • Options
    madcowmisha76madcowmisha76 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My goal is to take off from work and hole myself up somewhere, and play from start to finish of each beta weekend lol! I wanna be able to test each race, class... explore, run some dungeons... basically as much as I can fit in!
    GRIEVANCE Guild Affilaites
    GW2 - Scarloc Grimtooth, Human Ranger
    Aion - Skarlock the Chanter
    Neverwinter -
    Elder Scrolls -
    Bless -
  • Options
    nxclass13nxclass13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I wanna start my Trickster Rogue and Devoted Cleric. Healing has always been my love in MMO's and the targeting system in this is gonna add some serious skills to it. I seriously can not wait for NWO!
  • Options
    neya01neya01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 63
    edited February 2013
    I would first take a good look at the character creation screen to see what the half-elves look like, then i would go with my half-elf Trickster rogue to take a look at Neverwinter and marvel about its beauty, before setting off to kill some baddies and make Neverwinter safe from the evil forces. Then i would go and kick Valindra's undead <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>!
  • Options
    theadepttheadept Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I want to take a look at the gameplay, specifically how it relates to plot interactions. I like the action, but I also like the role playing.

TheAdept
  • Options
    darthteagan1darthteagan1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My weekend of beta will be spent on making my 4E character, whose adventures are sung by bards in taverns across Faerun, and exploring the world, saving damsels in distress, fighting ferocious dragons, and of course, sharing a pint with the locals! :D
  • Options
    ameriousamerious Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Explore and experience the game! I look forward to seeing the world and all that is has to offer. To me, a game has longevity if you feel like you've wandered into a strange forest and just got lost....
    This space reserved for moments of sanity!
  • Options
    kahosdarkkahosdark Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My goal is to determine that as good graphics has the game, the gameplay, the characters, the inventory, view the battle modes fight as long as possible see the dungeons, to explore the this world that we offer ... in conclusion .... I will try to get to discover their limits xD starting from the most basic to the most advanced :D i am a hard player
  • Options
    argoyletargoylet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I plan to check out the mechanics for the Control Wizard then explore. I want to see how the Thayans were implemented, perhaps apy a deadring, find a shadovar camp, and take a screenshot (private, won't be shared so as not to violate nda) on the "Walk of Barrabus."

Beyond that it would be nice to level high enough to check out the foundry, but probably won't push hard enough to get to that point.

Probably also do some /point + /laugh at all the Drizzles, Drizzit, Drzzzzzzrt clones.
This discussion has been closed.