test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Comment to Win: What are your plans for Beta Weekends in Neverwinter?

Comments

• Options
    andysdead1andysdead1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My plans are to get a general feel for the game and to figure out the Foundry if possible, in preparation for my upcoming blog post that will teach others how to use the Foundry.

http://vgmanon.wordpress.com/

^^ check it out, that's my blog! Will have more Neverwinter coverage coming soon!

(P.S. I already bought a Founder's pack.)
  • Options
    jerseyimperatorjerseyimperator Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My goal for beta weekend is to avoid sleep at all costs!
    Follow Mez and Rasia as they encounter friends and foes in a constantly shifting environment where allies could be foes and death awaits those who aren't prepared.

http://www.jerseyimperator.com

1663121-256-k615054.jpg
  • Options
    crystark1crystark1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'd really like to get into the game depths and roam the forgotten realms.
  • Options
    lanessar13lanessar13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I personally am going to experience the intro to the game, understand the basic playstyles of all classes up to ~level 15, and then...

Make the Foundry my b*tch.
  • Options
    durandurahandurandurahan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well, as a player since Neverwinter Nights, I really wanna explore the world and the lore of NWO as soon as possible. Then, I wanna try the foundry, class system, the gameplay (skills, movement, etc), the environment(NPC, monster, etc) and the quest system.
  • Options
    thehatchthehatch Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I want to find out how the game feels and how certain things work in direct comparison to STO, so I can put the Foundry to good use at the earliest opportunity.
    A place for race pilots in STO: /channel_join Racing
    Win 15,000 GPL in the Hodos Racing Challenge!
  • Options
    monthius1monthius1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My plan is to recreate my tabletop D&D character in game and to see if I can relive some of the epic adventures I had with my friends. Oh and of course, I should definitely convince my friends to join me in my adventures too!
  • Options
    apostlesapostles Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 58
    edited February 2013
    First I will try to get a feel of the gameplay, test out the combat and classes. Then I'll do some extensive research on the world around my character.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Would have to say I plan on seeing just what I can do with my character during character creation to make him one of a kind. Also to see if this game would be a good game for me and my friends to come over and play and enjoy for a couple years.

Not to mention this would be a great beltated birthday present to myself. Only 1 day lat Cryptic, aww how thoughtful... (heres hoping)
  • Options
    chaddy18chaddy18 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I just wanna play!!!!!
  • Options
    mtzgamermtzgamer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    During beta weekend I have a few plans on what to do in game. First, I'm going to create multiple characters and test the heck out of them to see which one I enjoy the play style the most. Secondly, since I'm such a HUGE FR fan, I'm going to explore the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of everything I can find. And finally, I'm going to do everything I can to prove to some of my friends who are on the fence about this game that the should be playing it.
  • Options
    snappyofgornsnappyofgorn Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I want to see how immersed I can get in the setting
  • Options
    freekjanfreekjan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If i'm in the beta weekend in time, I will see if this game is rewarding enough, and try to make a judgement if there is not too much P2W in it. Too much P2W might set me off and decide not to play the game at all...
  • Options
    neowolfenneowolfen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 68
    edited February 2013
    MY goal is to soak it all up. This is Dungeons and Dragons afterall and as a longtime PnP'er turn MMORPG'er I always love to see each reimagined representation of the Forgotten Realms or whatever D&D setting is being represented in a game.
    Ser Alathor Crownguard, Cwelenas Alenuath, Dwarin Stonefist, Danaerys Hellborn
  • Options
    aaryn969aaryn969 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    To make an awesome character, and to hopefully hit the levelcap. Plus, looting and killing galore.
  • Options
    prashanthchandprashanthchand Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Kill, Explore, Quest and of course Create!
  • Options
    vixisynvixisyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited February 2013
    My boyfriend is going out of town so I can play for 72hrs straight with no outside interference (except for, you know, the eating and bathing part... sleep is up for debate.) Having been waiting for this game for years, I'm going to have a serious case of ADHD when I first log in.

I will probably want to play with the character creator/customization for a good while, but will resist so I can jump in and trying out the game play itself. I'm interested in the different classes and their mechanics, to see which of them most fits my style. I really want to play around in the Foundry as well, as a former NWN builder, but I might hold that off to a future beta weekend and devote the first one to getting comfortable with the systems.

SO EXCITED! PICK ME PICK ME PICK ME

I NEED AN ARMORED SPIDER MOUNT!!!!!!!!!
    vixybanner4_zpsbe1d5d4b.jpg
  • Options
    aesclealaescleal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My goal is to get comfortable with the controls and the UI. If that happens fast, then I plan to just take in the environments, and enjoy the view (explore).
    Thanks for the chance!
  • Options
    zeoxzzeoxz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    hmm, well if i win the hero of the north founder's pack
    play a menzoberranzan renegade drow character. either as a GWF / rogue class

if not, well i'll just use normal drow then ^^

mayb try my hand at making a NWO module in foundry
    when i understand bout the game play mechs of all the classes better
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sufrsufr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My plans for beta weekends are to try a little bit of everything. Test out all the different classes available and really see what the game has to offer.
  • Options
    readerureaderu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Play, play and play. Ok im joking, i wanna test every possible combinationt (Race + Class + Weapon + Skill). Explore the maps, do quests, join on raids/instances. So, do everything on my sight. Enjoy the game, in a short sentence :)
  • Options
    darkmagus1987darkmagus1987 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm a huge fan of NWN, I really want to try out the character customization, explore all that I can, focus on mage and wizards classes, and see how the enemies respond against you.
  • Options
    griebelgriebel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm gonna create a character and will try to cram 96 hours of gamingtime into 48 hours.
  • Options
    sands98401sands98401 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm dying to start making quests in the Foundry. This game looks amazing!
  • Options
    jdog9000jdog9000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My goal for the beta is to explore as much as possible and see if this is really the game I've been looking for.
  • Options
    talmiustalmius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    my plan is to try each of the class's out to get a feel for them and try and find as many bugs as i can to help get this game out .
  • Options
    nivrananivrana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I want to explore every nook and cranny of that world, the world which i'll spend most of my days, relaxing, chilling n' throwing some drow-balls after school.
  • Options
    soth007soth007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My plans for the Beta Weekend are to explore the glorious city of Neverwinter, delve into the shadowy depths of a dungeon, and experience the rich environment of questing within the greatest IP of all time: The Forgotten Realms!
  • Options
    visitor1984visitor1984 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My goal is enjoy every second of beta! I love the starts of a new game, the character creation, chose the class, begin the story... I LOVE IT!! Im sure i will enjoy every detail, i will try every feature... i will be a great beta tester ;).

Thanks for the opportunity
  • Options
    mclaunmclaun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would like to try everything in the game. I'm a huge fan of D&D and i've played a lot of D&D computer games. I would be glad to try this game a lot.
This discussion has been closed.