test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My first char will be...

jadescimitarjadescimitar Member Posts: 716 Arc User
edited March 2013 in PvE Discussion
First to post here! Going to make a... wait for it... Trickster Rogue! Big surprise there, right?
Z2DEDiN.jpg
This city promises death for the meek, glory for the bold, danger for all, and riches for Jade!
Elven Trickster Rogue: Two-bladed elf, tons of stabby stabby and that sort of thing...
| R. A. Salvatore | My Minions | Forgotten Realms Wiki | Elven Translator |
Post edited by jadescimitar on

Comments

• bluesteel8bluesteel8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    LOL no surprise there!
    [SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
    The Older Gamers (25+) - Never too old to play games
  • zagemoggazagemogga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    After reading into the Companion Guide and I love Tieflings:
    Tiefling
    Devil Spawn
    Warpriest or Trickster (not sure)

Then I saw this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aW6i14TxhA

It seems the class choices are pretty restricted:
    6 Races -> 3 choices of the path for each race
    8 Classes -> 3 choices of the path for each race (he says in the video, there are 4 to test in the alpha but they said there will be at least four more classes)
    God -> 1 choice
  • fionaelinettefionaelinette Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    M-m-m-m-m-MEDIC.
    dont know what race yet.

or maybe a bard.
  • godofthornsgodofthorns Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Since Avenging Paladin is not ready at this time, I will play a Human Great Weapon Fighter first.

I also enjoy Cleric (but more melee-oriented Battle Cleric than the ranged-healing of the Devoted Cleric), so that will be second (maybe Dwarf for race).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thorn
  • nec0enec0e Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    im actually torn, if there are deadly traps and rogues are needed like in ddo..then a rogue otherwise a control wizard.
  • blizzidblizzid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    theres gonna be soooo many rogues and control wizards which i'd normally do as well, think i will try the great weapon fighter :)
  • shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    First to post here! Going to make a... wait for it... Trickster Rogue! Big surprise there, right?
    Me too!
    And it's going to be legen...

wait for it...
  • braxzanabraxzana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Even though it'll seem as if I'm following the crowd, I almost HAVE to make a drow trickster rogue. I've played a dark elf rogue in just about every game since EQ-1 back in the day. I even created dark elf rogues in ~superhero~ games like City of Heroes and Champions Online!

The Trickster Rogue's playstyle seems to fit my preferred style - particularly if the teleport-behind-foe and fake-target-dummy-clone abilities allow for solo play to be possible. And as I mentioned, I ALWAYS play a dark elf. That said, the menzoberranzan renegade VERSION of a dark elf LOOKS awesome (as well as their costume/appearance). So, yah, I'll LOOK like a cliche but the thing about cliches is that they ARE cliches for a reason.

With at least three OTHER character slots (Hero of the North wastrel here) I will also make some kind of wizard and some kind of ranger/archer-fighter kind of character. And depending on how varied the story is, I might make ANOTHER rogue of a different race or sub-class.

Actually re-installed Neverwinter Nights-2 last night, to get back in the feel of the genre... and BOY am I glad this MMO version is more action-oriented: NWN2 combat was mind-numbing.
  • barkynbarkyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013

what if there is not an option for green hair?
    "Just because im short and stumpy doesnt mean im not fast and nimble. my thirst for treasure keeps me...shall we say...more athletic than most dwarves" Dakoldin Quiverbeard (Dwarven Ranger)
  • barkynbarkyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    blizzid wrote: »
    theres gonna be soooo many rogues and control wizards which i'd normally do as well, think i will try the great weapon fighter :)

im willing to bet the great weapon fighter will blast through the other classes...thats how its always been in other mmos thats how it will be here...plated classes always have greater numbers.
    "Just because im short and stumpy doesnt mean im not fast and nimble. my thirst for treasure keeps me...shall we say...more athletic than most dwarves" Dakoldin Quiverbeard (Dwarven Ranger)
    edited January 2013
    I think ill be the only dwarf rogue in game...but what can i say i like to be different :) so the dwarf rogue will be my main

on that note my local table top game i play barkyn always had 2 older brothers...Gizwold Grimstone Jr. a dwarf fighter...and Labyrin Grimstone a Dwarf caster of some sort (switched between cleric and wizard depending on the version of D&D we were playing) all n all iv always used the 3 same characters in all my mmo's and tabletops :)
  • shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    dary!!!!

barkyn wrote: »
    We are talking about a Crypitc game. I'd be suprised if we cannot get neon pink hair!!!
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ill be testing out great weapon fighter first
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • popsook69popsook69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Cleric for me but will also play Guardian a bit. Not sure about race yet tho.
  • jadescimitarjadescimitar Member Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    barkyn wrote: »

Then I will be quite blue... or some shade of black, brown, silver, blonde or whatever color is available...
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
    This city promises death for the meek, glory for the bold, danger for all, and riches for Jade!
    Elven Trickster Rogue: Two-bladed elf, tons of stabby stabby and that sort of thing...
  • gaymer87gaymer87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 291 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Going mage all the way, might try out rogue type class in betas, but tend to always play spell casters.
    *~Ezenkrul Kor'hedron -Drow Sorcerer~* **on hold**
    *~Serixil Kor'hedron- Drow Trickster~*
  • raiknaseemraiknaseem Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Most likely will start with a Rogue, but I love playing healer too so may hit the cleric first. Eventually will have to try them all though.
  • slambitslambit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 282 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    some kind of dwarf, but i doubt it will long before i made one of each class :)
    edited January 2013
    raiknaseem wrote: »
    Most likely will start with a Rogue, but I love playing healer too so may hit the cleric first. Eventually will have to try them all though.

Same here, but if the other DnD game is any indication, Ranger, whenever it comes out, will most likely be my second. Some type of drow for third, probably cleric.
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
  • ahrimavizxahrimavizx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Trickster Rogue, but only because there's no Brawny Rogue or Swashbuckler type. I prefer the more "in your face," less-stealthy approach to rogues. I also like to use swords and not daggers.
  • vixisynvixisyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited January 2013
    I was hoping for a Sorcerer or Warlock, but I guess I'm stuck with Wizard.

Drow, of course :)
    vixybanner4_zpsbe1d5d4b.jpg
  • caladan4caladan4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'll be starting-off with a human guardian fighter, but a trickster rogue looks like a lot of fast action dps fun, so that will probably be my next second when I want to have some more fun with the character generation process.
    Three rules of roleplaying: 1. Listen at doors, 2. Always have some rope, and 3. Search the bodies.
  • zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Great Weapon Fighter
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
    edited January 2013
    ahrimavizx wrote: »
    Swashbuckler type. I prefer the more "in your face," less-stealthy approach to rogues. I also like to use swords and not daggers.
    +100% I prefer that too. But when life gives you lemons...
  • juggsernaughtjuggsernaught Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I intend to give cleric a whirl first time around, always been a fan of the healing classes.
  • myschaellamyschaella Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Not 100% sure of the class yet but whatever I decide on it will be a female Drow. I have been running the Minions of Lloth (Lolth) guild for 7yrs now and we are really looking forward to loosing ourselves in Neverwinter
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • noshmeknoshmek Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited January 2013
    Either a Dwarven Wizard or a Half-Elf Cleric... I'll try both, but once I choose, I rarely play another in the same game.
    edited January 2013
    myschaella wrote: »
    Not 100% sure of the class yet but whatever I decide on it will be a female Drow. I have been running the Minions of Lloth (Lolth) guild for 7yrs now and we are really looking forward to loosing ourselves in Neverwinter

really cool!
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
  • shonsu5320shonsu5320 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Elven Cleric
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • noshmeknoshmek Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited January 2013
    I will either be a dwarven wizard or half-elf cleric. I'll try both, but once I settle on one, I'll never go back to the other.