test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

some new gameplay and dungen and more

Comments

• neoyoshineoyoshi Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yeah, that's one epic NDA spoiler. I'm not even going to get started, just gonna smile and bit my tongue :D

BITE it HARD! xD

the NDA blunders are only getting worse.

left_right096.gif
  • gemstrikegemstrike Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Mimics! Huzzah!

Foundry Author! Check out @gemstrike to see my quests :)
    Want to make your own? Then watch my videos.
    New Videos
    Old Videos
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Seems official to me. All the authors listed in the foundry content are developers. If it was actual alpha, we might see some players perhaps.

Also it is edited and not streamed.

CRYPTIC!!! <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-headed Marketing release some video here too!!! >.<
  • halishmedihalishmedi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    xlebonil wrote: »
    Nice video man thanks i will post one as well: its new, we can see at the end some buffs and staff from the store.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rCgkJir9evs&hd=1
    Wow, at the end of this one we see the Zen Store screen. I'm not sure we've seen that before? I haven't in any case.

Consumables, Gear, Fashion, Companions and Mounts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xlebonilxlebonil Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i posted a video in this thread before a sec. i can clearly see at the end that on the store there is a gear tab. i hope this is not the case i hate if we buy gear from the store. i know they said only cosmetic items but.... they also said cbt will be 2012.
  • bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Nice video man thanks i will post one as well: its new, we can see at the end some buffs and staff from the store.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rCgkJir9evs&hd=1

Not sure if that video is sanctioned (doubt it) also the date of the post is Sept 6 so I would highly doubt anything in there is still relevant given the amount of iterations that occur when a game is in alpha.
  • denkasaebadenkasaeba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Omg that video... Omg.
    Dilige, et quod vis fac (Love, and do what you will)

St. Augustinus
  • bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    To be clear I'm pretty sure there is no NDA breach gamestar.de is a reputable gaming site if they have released the video its because it was approved by Cryptic/PWE. Additionally this is most likely the result of the tweet that was done way back at the end of December when they said they were going to Germany to "blow their socks off" or something similar. Also I hate to break it to the english speaking population but guess what foreign language gaming sites do get exclusives as well. This is their exclusive...just saying.
    edited January 2013
    Not sure if that video is sanctioned (doubt it) also the date of the post is Sept 6 so I would highly doubt anything in there is still relevant given the amount of iterations that occur when a game is in alpha.

And how this video is from September ? was the game in alpha, beta, or friends and family back then? because i also have two steaming videos from august. We need the truth here.
  • denkasaebadenkasaeba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I thought this game would be good... but i didn't thought THIS good. There's so much win in that video.
    Dilige, et quod vis fac (Love, and do what you will)

St. Augustinus
    edited January 2013
    And how this video is from September ? was the game in alpha, beta, or friends and family back then? because i also have two steaming videos from august. We need the truth here.

Its called an NDA breach these are supposed to be reported to Cryptic/PWE (which I did via a pm) not posted on the forums. When it comes to NDA breach and Alpha we are not "entitled" to anything. There is a reason things are under NDA it is the companies prerogative to disseminate what information they want with regards to the state of the game during alpha or even beta for that matter.
  • muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ohhh Ohhh ohhh OOOOO 0.o That's my "O" face.

Those big pics are very nice, and loaded with so many clues. I need to toss on my thinking cap, or was that my tin foil hat...
    edited January 2013
    Its called an NDA breach these are supposed to be reported to Cryptic/PWE (which I did via a pm) not posted on the forums. When it comes to NDA breach and Alpha we are not "entitled" to anything. There is a reason things are under NDA it is the companies prerogative to disseminate what information they want with regards to the state of the game during alpha or even beta for that matter.

i have made a support ticket for this streams couple of days ago i know its is under NDA thats the only reason i did not put them here. but we hear a lot info from foreign sites and here one the forum nothing interesting happens. the only info we have is after 15 days. ah come on.....
    edited January 2013
    denkasaeba wrote: »
    I thought this game would be good... but i didn't thought THIS good. There's so much win in that video.

Oh! Glad you liked it!

It was more of a alpha I guess - the way I have envisioned the game along with foundry and stuff, it is set to blow off the pants off everybody. Devs have done really awesome work!
  • tinbender02tinbender02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 209 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Three things that caught my eye in the video.

Halfling race at character creation.

The limited choices for character creation. It looks like you are forced to go down a fairly narrow path for not only when you create your character but as you level up. Of course this is an old video as it didn't have two handed fighter option so who knows what else has changed.

The eye candy part looked pretty good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *sniffs* Me want ranger
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Three things that caught my eye in the video.

Halfling race at character creation.

The limited choices for character creation. It looks like you are forced to go down a fairly narrow path for not only when you create your character but as you level up. Of course this is an old video as it didn't have two handed fighter option so who knows what else has changed.

The eye candy part looked pretty good.

Yeah that's more of a D&D 4e thing than a cryptic thing, and it's why I went back to 2nd ed until D&D next is released. as fa as the graphics yeah when I played at Gencon the graphics were jaw dropping and from what I heard they have improved exponentially since then, I agree the vids probably older...by a good deal I would say.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • readymealreadymeal Member Posts: 57
    edited January 2013
    well i would like to thank you the Germans for publishing this video. I have learned more about this game in this video than over the last 6 month on the official forums and from the people developing the game...

Shall we not forget that D&D is very strong in Europe and particularly in Germany, France and UK. I am not surprised they try to promote the game over there. It could be just the marketing team has a different approach in the US and in Europe... different PWE subsidiary maybe?

Honestly why would people on this forum report this video for NDA infringement... do you guys work for cryptic/PWE? what is your interest in doing it? Do you have access to so much more information and you don t want to share it... WFT get a life mates. Honestly if i had access to any info/video i would share it with as many people as possible looking at how we get treated over here...

At least with more info on the game we ll be able to less assumed and theorized about game mechanics, features etc... and being a bit more objective.

Not sure how old is the video footage is but there are only 4 classes (monk could be the last one???) but room available for much more, 7 races, deity affiliation, some different powers acquired while going up levels, feats for sub- specializations and it showed us some equipment stats.

It s a good start no? :)

My concerned is the too much pew pew...one thing i disliked in STO... too much action based and mouse clicking to my taste...nice special effects etc but a bit too much as well. Most likely because i usually don t play games so close to my character to be annoyed by them.

It looks like project eternity might be a better fit for my taste and maybe for other players looking for a successor of baldur's gate/Icewind dale/planescape tornment/NWN....if they throw a robust toolset of course.

Oh well i ll give NWO a try anyways it s a free after all :)
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    idk what some ppl have to report on thet ....they even posted link on nw german facebook for thet,and pwe eu usually brings news lot faster then pwe us so it dosent hurt to check german or france pages :)
    edited January 2013
    readymeal wrote: »

Honestly why would people on this forum report this video for NDA infringement... do you guys work for cryptic/PWE? what is your interest in doing it? Do you have access to so much more information and you don t want to share it... WFT get a life mates. Honestly if i had access to any info/video i would share it with as many people as possible looking at how we get treated over here...

Bingo!

I have said it before the NDA breechers are the only reason that some of us are still here they have given us information that Cryptics marketing refuses to they have have infact done their job.
  • chaddiwickerchaddiwicker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Favorite things about the video:

1. Beautiful graphics.
    2. Mimics!
    3. Deities!
    4. Lots of race choices.

Things that worry me:

1. Only 4 classes. Hopefully this is old and there will be more at launch.
    2. The store. As long as everything I need to play is available via gameplay, I'll be fine.
    3. Still not keen on the 4e class "builds". I know. I'm a broken record on this. ;)
    4. The radial menu at the beginning of the game looked confusing though it seemed to be used little afterwards.

The positives far outweigh the negatives, however, and I want to play NOW! Announce the beta already!
  • morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    4. The radial menu at the beginning of the game looked confusing though it seemed to be used little afterwards.

If you are talking about the radial menu that I think you are, then it is actually part of 2 clips from previous D&D games I think.
  • quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013

I believe the initial parts of the video are looking back at Neverwinter Nights 1&2, so the radial menu isn't for this game.

edit: aww ninja'd
  • melanderimelanderi Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users, Silverstars Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    I know everyone is anxious for new info, but let's please keep this thread on topic. If you need a reminder, the thread is about the German article which includes a video of the Greatweapon Fighter Class Reveal, which was posted on our site on the 9th. I understand your frustration but please stay on topic.
    Pixilated Community Entity
    @Effreet in game
    Terms of Service and Rules of Conduct. Learn them, Love them
    edited January 2013
    I, personally, am thankful for stormdragOn, gillrmn, and the others for their posts reguarding the marketing. It saves me from having to post it myself. Also, they kept the forums alive when there was less information coming. There was a post stating that we would have weekly updates, to keep us better informed.. and I have yet to see that happen. I was going to link the post here.. but it's buried. :(

Going back to my quiet corner to wait for information that was promised.

:) Thanks Lepordlady...it's nice to know that folks sees us as something more than negative people who want to tear the game down.

Back on topic: One of the things I am doing the snoopy dance over is the Mimic, I really hope we can apply that to more than just a treasure chest in the Foundry. My Personal favorite is having them take the shape of a painting or an old suit of Armour.
  • chaddiwickerchaddiwicker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    morbic wrote: »
    If you are talking about the radial menu that I think you are, then it is actually part of 2 clips from previous D&D games I think.

Thanks for clearing that up (quorforged too). I didn't play Neverwinter Nights (just didn't have the time when it was out) and since I don't speak German, it wasn't clear to me that those shots were from the previous games. ;)
  • zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    denkasaeba wrote: »

Agreed 100%

The polish, attention to detail and the animations were top notch. It also appears there is a variable plethora of character custom progression there too. Traits, skills, and paragon classes. I thought I was hyped for the game prior to watching that ideo and now my hopes have gone through the freaking roof. It's going to be a long hard wait for the game but one I will endur with optimism and anticipation. Can't WAIT!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
    edited January 2013
    melanderi wrote: »
    I know everyone is anxious for new info, but let's please keep this thread on topic. If you need a reminder, the thread is about the German article which includes a video of the Greatweapon Fighter Class Reveal, which was posted on our site on the 9th. I understand your frustration but please stay on topic.

Yay! Was wondering when you did show up! :p

Can you confirm if that video is official or not so we can be sure if to discuss it here or not?
    The polish, attention to detail and the animations were top notch. It also appears there is a variable plethora of character custom progression there too. Traits, skills, and paragon classes. I thought I was hyped for the game prior to watching that ideo and now my hopes have gone through the freaking roof. It's going to be a long hard wait for the game but one I will endur with optimism and anticipation. Can't WAIT!

And consider it was not even beta yet. Devs were not kidding when they said they delayed it for polish It will be awesome.
  • muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    She has a 20 CON; bet she does P90X.
  • oldskylanceroldskylancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    melanderi wrote: »

Hi Mel!!

The video with everyone's knickers in a bunch is actually a video which documents evolution from NWN thru NWN2 then shows character creation and group gameplay from Neverwinter. Inventory, henchmen power trees are all clearly displayed.

It's a great vid let's stay on topic and hey HALFLINGS WOOT!!!
    e84df321-2eb4-4d3b-97d2-854aa247afc4_zps96a2cec8.jpg

Orcus bane, Knight-wanderer of the Sword Coast
  • aurakisaurakis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Thanks man, this is awesome!

It is strange that the website is not up-to-date with all the stuff floating around the internet. But hey, good find man, keep looking for more stuff guys and make sure to post.