test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

some new gameplay and dungen and more

warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
edited January 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/neverwinter/artikel/neverwinter,46410,3008540.html u got new gameplay and article to they do mention release date to be first half year so looks like it been moved :/ i find liink for thet on german nw facebook
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bluesteel8bluesteel8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I may be wrong, but doesn't look like an official date announcement. That's like EB games or Walmart giving the release date. But the rest is pretty cool. Thanks for the link.
    [SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
    The Older Gamers (25+) - Never too old to play games
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i hope u are not wrong since if game has been moved to 2Q then it wont be coming till late 3Q since none makes big game releases in 2q,and i like thet vulcan dungen form gameplay video
  • wodny1988wodny1988 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    No way the game is gonna be released this quarter.

Gameplay video looks great. Wish it was in English.
  • xearrikxearrik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Nice find! Wow there is a ton of new info on this video. A lot of my questions got answered. I still have many more though.
    Da kitties don't speak for me, deez kitties speak fur us all!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'll Keep this up till beta goes live. I'll improve it soon.
  • crazyhippiecrazyhippie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    xearrik wrote: »
    Nice find! Wow there is a ton of new info on this video. A lot of my questions got answered. I still have many more though.

Care to share that new info with us who dont understand German :D ?
  • xearrikxearrik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Care to share that new info with us who dont understand German :D ?
    Uhh hmm Sure I guess I can try to put a translation of the video together. I'll make another thread when I'm done.

Done with it.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?27751-New-Neverwinter-video-translated
    Da kitties don't speak for me, deez kitties speak fur us all!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'll Keep this up till beta goes live. I'll improve it soon.
  • pherephattapherephatta Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    xearrik wrote: »
    Uhh hmm Sure I guess I can try to put a translation of the video together. I'll make another thread when I'm done.

Awesome. :D
  • azsh1azsh1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 37
    edited January 2013
    Nice find!!! That should hold me over for a day or two.
  • mewbreymewbrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 517 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    That thief... I kept screaming at my monitor "stand behind the targets!" then he would take a blow reducing his health by 50% lol.
    ~*~ Foundry missions: Stronghold Branax : Goblin menace : Forwyn crypts ~*~
  • tharkantharkan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Well, I just watched the video, and I can confirm that we get to choose our character's origin and deity affilitation
  • aesclealaescleal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    That's a fantastic video and walkthrough of the character screens, inventory, character sheet, etc. I only wish it had been recorded in English. I hope they will release an English version of it, or that maybe Cryptic (high hopes here) will soon release all that info in a video of their own.
    Thanks for that awesome find warpet!
    Aes
  • nimlohnimloh Member Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    That was a sweet video.

I hope Foundry creators can produce content like that. I'll play it over and over.
  • cosmictimbercosmictimber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    that video is outstanding. As long as combat is snappy and responsive, I can already tell this is going to basically fill my gaming needs for quite a while.

Kinda wishing I didn't get a D in german all those years ago...
    oh well... this video just reaffirms for me what I already knew... this game is sick.
  • theincarnadine42theincarnadine42 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    mewbrey wrote: »
    That thief... I kept screaming at my monitor "stand behind the targets!" then he would take a blow reducing his health by 50% lol.

Glad I was not the only one doing that :D
  • halishmedihalishmedi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Gameplay looks good though but I wonder if this was a tester who shouldn't have posted this because it's breaking NDA. There is a BUG icon at the top screen makes me think that this a bug report icon that many many beta/alpha builds have this in the UI for easy bug reporting.

Seriously if this is an authorized released PR then the American PR needs to be fired or reassigned cause this is pretty ridiculous.
    While I understand the frustration I'd be surprised if this has come out of the PR department. This screams of an NDA break and wouldn't be shocked if it's taken down at some point.

That said I don't speak German and it could be a German dev speaking for all I know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • neoyoshineoyoshi Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    And none of this is within a breach of the NDA? Or does the NDA terms not apply to the German/French versions of the game?

What exactly is going on here with the different localizations anyway? I thought Perfect World Entertainment was publishing the North American localization.

I am actually a bit confused as how there are even French and German versions to begin with.
  • bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    The poor healer the rogue didn't know what he was doing:) and thanks adding it to my gameplay videos.

That is a reputable gaming site in Germany I seriously doubt the broke NDA's. I'm pretty sure its sanctioned by PWE and Cryptic.
  • galvayragalvayra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Gah i'm so sad .. mad .. i don't even know, i want to scream at the world, you put all your hopes into something and then when you get to see some of it, its everything you hate holding hands with everything you love , i don't even know what to think anymore, i been down this road so many times before and i never learn
    "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
  • quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    At 1:50 they appear show rolling and rerolling ability scores. At first I thought the devs must have gone insane to include something like that in an MMO.

But it doesn't look like it's a real roll. The only two sets of scores that get generated are:

STR 13, CON 10, DEX 19, INT 10, WIS 10, CHA 16
    STR 13, CON 10, DEX 20, INT 10, WIS 8, CHA 15

Those two arrays just get cycled through with each "roll". So it's really just choosing between two predefined arrays, it looks like. Rather silly to call that a roll, and just obfuscates what's really going on, which I do not approve of. Clarity is always the best policy in game and interface design.
  • mewbreymewbrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 517 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    I believe they are under a press NDA, that has different terms of use compare to the standard NDA signed by users. I wouldn't worry your selves too much over it.
    edited January 2013
    quorforged wrote: »
    At 1:50 they appear show rolling and rerolling ability scores. At first I thought the devs must have gone insane to include something like that in an MMO.

But it doesn't look like it's a real roll. The only two sets of scores that get generated are:

STR 13, CON 10, DEX 19, INT 10, WIS 10, CHA 16
    STR 13, CON 10, DEX 20, INT 10, WIS 8, CHA 15

Those two arrays just get cycled through with each "roll". So it's really just choosing between two predefined arrays, it looks like. Rather silly to call that a roll, and just obfuscates what's really going on, which I do not approve of. Clarity is always the best policy in game and interface design.

While you might be right, it could also just be limited functionality of the rolling mechanic for now. We don't really know i guess.
    edited January 2013
    A vast rolling system seams fairly pointless, any one wanting a set roll will sit for hours or days to get the correct stats, if they had a vast roll system they may as well have gone for a point spending system. I think there will be a few preset stat rolls in the attempt to stop people ruining their character.
  • quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    While you might be right, it could also just be limited functionality of the rolling mechanic for now. We don't really know i guess.

If you mean more ability arrays to cycle through, then sure, add more options, but they still shouldn't call it a "roll".

If you mean turn it into an actually random generation of stats, well, that just makes things far worse. It turns a silly and obfuscated design into a pants-on-head-insane design. But I doubt the devs would actually do such an incredibly stupid thing.
  • morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Looks like an English version of the Alpha testing to me. Can't read or speak German, so I have no idea when said footage was actually recorded. If the footage came from a NDA allowance for a gaming site, then I'd imagine the English speaking gaming sites with Alpha access will have their own footage up when they can. Doesn't look like anything a PR department put together themselves, so I doubt this is the case of ignoring a portion of the player-base over another portion.
  • mankind10mankind10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Glad I was not the only one doing that :D

hahahaha yeah same for me,, what an AMAZING video, thats just what i needed to confirm, i will be playing this game, and only this game for a long time... all those background options, the sharp response graphics etc etc...i paused the video pretty much every time he zoned in the mouse on anything, wow, cant wait, anybody knoes how long alpha usually last??? bring that beta ASAP omg... (and yes this video probably will be removed very soon)
  • sakuda13sakuda13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Man this game looks good... Best video yet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xlebonilxlebonil Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Nice video man thanks i will post one as well: its new, we can see at the end some buffs and staff from the store.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rCgkJir9evs&hd=1
  • nimlohnimloh Member Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    The video was published by Gamestar. I doubt it's a leak or NDA violation.
  • mrbuttflakesmrbuttflakes Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Yeah, that's one epic NDA spoiler. I'm not even going to get started, just gonna smile and bite my tongue :D
    edited January 2013
    shiaika wrote: »

Related to the video... awesome! Really loved seeing the different menus and such. And the game looks nice. Thanks, OP!

some of the cleanest and prettiest menu's I've seen cryptic do