What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Weekly Neverwinter Comment to Win Contest - 01/18/13

Comments

• Options
    aesclealaescleal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Closest? Definitely a DM custom quest, lich hunting in a really great cave complex. I'm certain our DM worked hard to keep at least one of our band alive; one of those nights when the dice just work against everybody! Whadda'ya do?
    Undermountain? That WAS a TPK...
    Good luck to all!
    Aescleal
  • Options
    memo6000memo6000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited January 2013
    My DM Specialized in death traps... or maybe it just seemed that way ;-)
    Looking for a family that you can game with for life? Check out Grievance at www.grievanceguild.com
  • Options
    lorddekar82lorddekar82 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Its been forever since I've played actual pen & paper D&D pry about 12 years now, lost touch with all my D&D friends :(. I remember back in highschool when we use to try to get together every weekend to try and play for a few hours. It was always a blast and I really miss those times. There was always the 5 of us 4 players and the DM, he was a great DM and excellent at coming up with compaigns. Well there was this one time and I don't know why for sure everyone was just in a bad mood and no was getting along we all wanted to go different ways and do different stuff that didn't fit well with what our characters would do. Well I guess the DM finally had enough of our bickering and spawned a dragon that slaughtered us and the small village we were currently in at the time :( to say the least that pretty much ended the night. I will never forget it cause the dragon took its time and killed us each slowly and in very unique ways........Now that I think about it, it seems it happened almost to smoothly like he had it planned in case we ever got to difficult.......Nah couldn't be that would just be evil.......Right?
  • Options
    ikteneosikteneos Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It was a death-trap....very bad thing.
  • Options
    devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    Commenting for shirt.

This is a PnP crowd question which I lack much experience of, D&D experience was mostly with comp games.
  • Options
    drallamdrakedrallamdrake Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    my first ex-wife ran castle ravenloft and kicked my partys butt only one char survived.
  • Options
    crithappycrithappy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Dark Sun adventure, the DM didn't notice the adventure was meant for a party of 5 and there was only 2 of us. We didn't last long.
  • Options
    xanidesxanides Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This home-brewed elemental-themed dungeon did us in. Our DM was evil beyond imagining.
  • Options
    oldskylanceroldskylancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    A modified version of "Barrow of the Ogre King." The 5th level party had decimated the Goblin forces, their 10th level shaman came to negotiate the surrender of the women, old and young. The party attacked her though she went down all that remained was a badly hurt Drow Assassin and an npc Drow Ranger(Bounty Hunter). They looked at each other in triumph then there was the sound of hand crossbow being fired...... I ended the session with the whole party in the process of dying.
    e84df321-2eb4-4d3b-97d2-854aa247afc4_zps96a2cec8.jpg

Orcus bane, Knight-wanderer of the Sword Coast
  • Options
    heretic789heretic789 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    My DM made a Death trap, but I alone made it out alive. thank you potions!!
  • Options
    diablomaki1diablomaki1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    its a trap? general akbar killed me
  • Options
    starkillianstarkillian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    The Jarls room in Frost Giants. That room has soooo many frost giants.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pdttheconfusedpdttheconfused Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    only played a few times never had a wipe.
  • Options
    bubbabinskybubbabinsky Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 161 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    I'm glad nobody saw my evil scheme before....
  • Options
    health002health002 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    long story short.White dragon takes out 2 of my friends leaving me alone.he was about to breath on me ,so i reached into my bag of holdings and pull out a deck of many things, i drew the top card(was the death card) and showed it to the dragon.The dragon kills over.I left my DM speechless and laughing at the same time. Sorry if it doesn't follow the D&D rules but our DM was easy to work with (sometimes).
  • Options
    rendalynrendalyn Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    DM death trap! Lets just say, a Deck of Many Things should never be played with!

I love the deck of many things!!! Its just the perfect balance of risk reward!
  • Options
    ruikesan85ruikesan85 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    not so much a dungeon but one of the deadliest encounters I've had in a while we had a cart full of explosives that went up because of enemies throwing stuff at us while I was too close to be safe from it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kaylexxxkaylexxx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Tomb of Horrors ftw!!
  • Options
    arden011arden011 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Undermountain
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    comenplaycomenplay Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ahhh the deck of many things!!! I used one 3 times, and each time was a negative result...so i threw it away...lol
  • Options
    radiumprojectradiumproject Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ~In the Spires of Ravenloft, I was drained you see,
    And then a Stone Butler proceeded to follow and chase me!

With all due respects I was a bard,
    And then I was killed by the appearing Strahd....

The cleric tried to raise my bottom,
    Until he was beheaded, how awfully rotten!

Albeit brief our adventure one might say,
    But perhaps this poem to win: can sway?~

--- We ran a module of the Spires of Ravenloft.... and Strahd defeated us. TPK.
  • Options
    crucialskillcrucialskill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    tomb of horrors for sure!
  • Options
    nutrionutrio Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I would say Undermountain
  • Options
    aeroth001aeroth001 Member Posts: 420 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    1.Tomb of Horrors.
    Not only that the party died like 10 times but took us allmost 20 hours of continouos playing to finish it

2.The Throne of Bloodstone.
    Hard as hell !
  • Options
    matagallomatagallo Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Ok so this happened in the game "Runes of Magic" it was only 3 of us and we needed 3 more to complete a party of 6 and go in there and make mayhem. All 3 of us were END-GAME OP enough to take damage and/or whatever we were to expect in there. we were going nuts looking for 3 more to party with us but not many in our guild had yet build themselves according to the dungeon's recquirements. We ended up scooping up 3 randoms we thought we'd take a chance with. we were Tank,Rogue and me the Healer, and we picked up a Mage,Ranger and another Rogue for the extra dps rate. So we never went in there yet the instance had just been made available. We all go in hoping for the best run down the Temple's long narrowed stairs admiring the view and details of the new instance. All of the sudden BOOM!!! random mobs just unexpectacaly wipe us all out LMAO. What we didn't know was that as soon as you run down the long narrowed stairs you right away trigger mobs that just happens to appear and unless you go a different dirrection once you go down the stairs you will most-likely get owned. We found out a trick to that part of the dungeon, it was actually a short cut we stumbled upon while desperately looking for a way to avoid those mobs. So we make it to the first Boss which he was located right passed those mobs. Now just keep in mind this is an End-Game dungeon so you had to pretty much be end-game geared which the 3 randoms weren't. So we make it to the first Boss all goes good for the first 2 or 3 minutes of fighting him then suddently he does an attack and BOOM!! whiped us all out with that single move. Now healers had this spell that we get out of a set of gear called "Holy Source" I think it was, upon collecting the entire set you get a spell that makes a bubble shield and blocks all or any attack for like 3 seconds. Thats what I had to do on that part of the fight which I didn't know till after a few times of wiping out lol. It was a fun experience but in all reality the random 3 just weren't built for "Temple" yet so we all basically commited suicide by going in there with-out our A-team so I guess it was a death-trap lol.
  • Options
    ratstinkratstink Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I've played and GMd more than one party wipe. The most memorable is one I GMd for 2nd Edition back in college. I had an army of lycanthropes marching on a town from a forest, intent on infecting the population. Gave my players every way I could think of to obstruct and weaken the army leaders, but for whatever reason they just decided to march out and challenge the horde . . . I thought about having the army just take them captive but was so disgusted by my players that I figured if they were going to charge the army headed their way I'd just let it play out.
  • Options
    exavourexavour Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited January 2013
    Actually, we werent even in a dungeon with our very first game "wipe" we were heading up a mountain and encountered some storm giants, I played a human Sorcerer who wore full plate and used a ton of scrolls and feats so he didnt have to move much. Anywho, I was also CE....so the giants threw an insult and I cast polymorph self in to a storm giant and attacked them with fireballs/prasmatic sprays ect....the whole party joined in at this point. Our ranger went down first, got punted off the side of the mountain. Then the cleric got smashed with a boulder. Then I had my polymorph dispelled by their caster and was very quickly thrown around like a rag doll and eventually thrown off the mountain.....at the end the only survivor was our halfling rouge who literally ran and hid until the coast had cleared. he then stashed the bodies he could find in his bag of holding and took off to a temple. 3/6 survivors in all. The fighter who was rezzed, the palidin who was rezzed and the rouge who saved his own <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and then two others. It was a great experience and taught me not to get cocky with giants....because they are much stronger. haha!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    I remember this one killing not one, not two, but three parties.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expedition_to_the_Barrier_Peaks.

Brown mold, a froghemoth, and those damn robots.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
  • Options
    raginhomosapienraginhomosapien Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    We were farming in some duerger strong hold and the DM began spawning endlessly more difficult waves of duerger followed by a balor or two to wipe us out. =(
  • Options
    snapsyssnapsys Member, Silverstars Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Aboard a ship travlling the sword coast, we randomly encountered a leviathan that killed our necromantic focus wizard. I was a lawful evil rogue and decided to loot his corpse, finding a dagger that was possessed by a powerful demon. Critically failing my check to see if I could contain the demon in the weapon, it possessed me and murdered our entire party and the crew on ship before the dawn.

re-rolls all round :(
This discussion has been closed.