test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I can't get out of Mobile forums

aesclealaescleal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Help please?
How do I switch back from mobile to the regular forums? I tried it out on my iPad (epic fail), and now I am stuck with it in my computer browser as well. How can I get to User CP again to change it back? Or can a moderator or dev change it back for me?
This is very frustrating. If it's this broken, it should be removed or dithered out so people can't use it.
I appreciate any help.
Aes
Post edited by aescleal on

Comments

• Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You are the second one to face this problem. @Adaram solved it somehow. Maybe he can help.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    You are the second one to face this problem. @Adaram solved it somehow. Maybe he can help.

Thanks gillrmn. I'll try that.

Edit: No wait, I can't access Inbox or anything, so no private messaging on the forums for me.
    Grrr... I'm stuck.
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I don't access this on mobile format, so I don't know if this will work or not--but have you tried deleting all cookies and cache/temp files after logging out, then logging back in again?

Assuming not:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?17671-Broke-my-New-Forums&highlight=Mobile+forums

zebular wrote: »
    Not sure if this will change the display back but might be worth a shot:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/forum.php?styleid=1

Try the link in the following post, then if you can see the options, choose the first choice, "Forum Default."

I'mmmm baaaaccckkk mwahahahahaha!

Zeb! Your are a God! (or at least a forum moderator or something ;) ) ... the above link worked. I am back to normal again. I went in and manually changed my setting back to forum default.

So there were actually 2 different issues:

1. Switching to Mobile Default skin works, but there is no way within that style to switch back to other skins
    2. If the thread goes past 1 page, there is no obvious way to switch to the next page on the Mobile Skin. The way I knew there were more posts was from the main thread screen where it shows that someone has replied. I eventually managed to see the second page when I replied to myself (as you see above).

I am happy to open a ticket and report this thread for PWE website fixer people, or, maybe those people are already reading this, in which case, tell me not to start a ticket. I'll wait until tomorrow to create it.

Thanks for your support, folks!

And the way to go to multiple pages if you know there are more than 1 is to access the full URL and change the posted=x where x=page number. so posted=2 or posted=3 etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    100%! Thanks Truth! That worked! I'm very greatful for that heads up!

Aes
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    *Exhales and can rest now for a bit.*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]