test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cats Out of the Bag... What now?

deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So we now know one receiver of an Alpha key and the time Alpha starts. I dont wants his key taken away but what do we do now? The cats outa the bag. (You cant just give us all Alpha could you?? please??)
I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by deathssickle on

Comments

• deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I believe I know both of the key winners now

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    You know both? Only one has come out - who made a post publicly. Who is the other one?
  • mrbuttflakesmrbuttflakes Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Alpha keys for all I say!! Lets this weekend be GREAT :D
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited January 2013
    There's no indication that other keys will be awarded just because keys are taken away. Be nice, don't make them public, and give them the chance to participate and hopefully provide some good feedback.
    edited January 2013
    I thought there were more than two keys given...like three ><
    edited January 2013
    I thought there were more than two keys given...like three ><

Or maybe 2 and a half?
  • ragnarlawlragnarlawl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    3.14 keys?
    [TMG] Ragnaruss www.topmarksgaming.org
    edited January 2013
    ranncore wrote: »
    There's no indication that other keys will be awarded just because keys are taken away. Be nice, don't make them public, and give them the chance to participate and hopefully provide some good feedback.

I didn't see the post is he new? Unless he was flappin the key around shaking his rump at us all laughing, I see no reason to take his key. He's very lucky indeed.

Nevermind...I found him..heh
    edited January 2013
    The one who hasnt announced himself was me speculating due to specific events.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cosmictimbercosmictimber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Who's up for a good ol fashioned witch hunt?
  • alsarothalsaroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Or maybe 2 and a half?

Ha! That'd be cold.
    "A rare display of intelligence, undoubtedly fleeting." - Edwin Odesseiron
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited January 2013
    Who's up for a good ol fashioned witch hunt?

Cleric reporting in :)
    edited January 2013
    I have some troops Ive gathered
    t725.png?t=50df2765
    (I designed these guys)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xearrikxearrik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I didn't see the post is he new? Unless he was flappin the key around shaking his rump at us all laughing, I see no reason to take his key. He's very lucky indeed.

The problem is there has to be zero tolerance when it comes to the NDA or everybody will start to become a bit more lose when it comes to the game.

The second problem is look at the choke hold cryptic has on info being released. I doubt there will be any leeway for his slip. IF its even real.
    Da kitties don't speak for me, deez kitties speak fur us all!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'll Keep this up till beta goes live. I'll improve it soon.
    edited January 2013
    He probably didn't realize he was suppose to keep it to himself, I mean, who reads the fine print anyhow.
    Maybe this is the first time he's had the chance to test a game and probably hasn't been following the forums or would know this.
    edited January 2013
    So whats going to happen, cause unless we have some spell of memory loss put on us or the Men in Black come by we will continue to know this info

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    For one, posting a thread about it's not going to help matters, only amplify the problem.
    edited January 2013
    Well lets wait for word of what will happen I guess. Like I said, I dont really want them to lose there key if it was a mistake.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    If they do take his key, they better give it to...meeeeeeeee
  • maddmistermaddmister Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I must have missed the post, when supposedly is alpha going to begin? Trying to get a timeline of the game getting released
    Devs
    Are My Masters!
  • rahverahve Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited January 2013
    I posted about one week ago that a friend of mine with no friends or family at neither Cryptic or PWE received keys to invite him to some "playtests". Basically he is allowed to play/test Neverwinter in some predefined schedules.

For some reason that I am yet to understand(I didn't receive any kind of explanation or personal message), the moderators chose to censor my comment going as far as to completely delete it as if it had never existed. Who knows, maybe they'll delete this post too? Maybe the whole thread?

Fact is that yes, random people throughout the world are already playing Neverwinter, though it's still Alpha stage as far as I know.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

- W.E.H.
    edited January 2013
    Thanks for the info..man it's been a good day.
  • xearrikxearrik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    He probably didn't realize he was suppose to keep it to himself, I mean, who reads the fine print anyhow.
    Maybe this is the first time he's had the chance to test a game and probably hasn't been following the forums or would know this.

I've read every word of every NDA I've ever agreed to. It's important stuff, and NDA's rarely are very heavy on the legalese.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    rahve wrote: »
    I posted about one week ago that a friend of mine with no friends or family at neither Cryptic or PWE received keys to invite him to some "playtests". Basically he is allowed to play/test Neverwinter in some predefined schedules.

For some reason that I am yet to understand(I didn't receive any kind of explanation or personal message), the moderators chose to censor my comment going as far as to completely delete it as if it had never existed. Who knows, maybe they'll delete this post too? Maybe the whole thread?

Fact is that yes, random people throughout the world are already playing Neverwinter, though it's still Alpha stage as far as I know.

I remember a guy several months back posting something similar and that post got edited so fast.
  • galvayragalvayra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    xearrik wrote: »
    I've read every word of every NDA I've ever agreed to. It's important stuff, and NDA's rarely are very heavy on the legalese.

They all say the same thing, don't talk about what you see, no reason to read them at all.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
  • vinsinarvinsinar Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Alpha Keys are a hoax
    edited January 2013
    I will explain it to you why NDA is important.

Think of yourself as an angel working in the factory of god where he maketh the bodies.

Alpha is he gived you access where you put together the bones, the muscle, pick up the gut and put it in, then coat it with skin.

Now think of one angel taking out his phone and making a video of it.

Now suppose the body we angels made was a very beautiful woman.

She goes on earth, falls in love.

Her lover sees the video the idiotic angel made and commits suicide because he can't take all that gore.

Now tell me, does that angel deserve to be an angel? seriously?
  • rickmanrickman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Technically Alphas are much more important now since its when most companies do their QA testing rather then beta's. It seems to be that Most companies have slowly started to use Beta tests as advertising events rather then what they are/were supposed to be for.... That said Cryptic/Perfect World... Seem to atleast try to make the Closed Beta's be testing stages for the game.
    Open Beta's tend to be the Stress tests for the server builds aswell.

(And yeah its probaly nothing that most people already know.. but somehow i seem to be ranting...)
    Diplomancy: Sometimes "I hit it with my Axe" is the only Answer.
    A Challenge is something interesting and awkward until you beat it... then it's called "Repetative"

Neverwinter on TVTropes(Needs some loving)
    Neverwinter Nights on TVTropes
  • jez777jez777 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Her lover sees the video the idiotic angel made and commits suicide because he can't take all that gore.

I SAW that movie. Nice one.
    edited January 2013
    galvayra wrote: »
    They all say the same thing, don't talk about what you see, no reason to read them at all.

Well I'm always hopping that some allow a bit of talk about certain aspects. And some allow discussion with fellow testers in a controlled environment.(Such as a secret section of the forums) Wile others don't even allow that unless in game with the other tester.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.