test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Best Testing Experiences

radnomadradnomad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Off Topic
I have tested many many games over the years, and had some great experiences. Here is the best:

I was testing City of Heroes, playing a Tanker. I joined a team for a door mission that was heavily front loaded. We were having serious problems taking on the purple baddies at the beginning. The team leader refused to give up, and we just kept trying different angles.

We were finally able to make it past the initial purples, and as we worked on the rest of the mission, our team leader made a strange claim. He said that he was Jack Emmert playing from home. A few people laughed, and most obviously didn't believe him. Myself and one other on the team did.

The next day, we were all rewarded with a nifty yellow tag: Statesman's Pal. :)

I really liked that Jack was logged on from home, having fun, testing the game he was working on. Good times.

What is YOUR best testing experience?
Post edited by radnomad on

Comments

• Options
    pherephattapherephatta Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I've had lots of good testing fun. But what pops to mind first was in the Vanguard beta. There was some event, I don't recall what, but we had to make level 1 dwarves. So there were hundreds of level 1 dwarves just standing around. Then a level 35ish worm aggroed someone, and it turned into a ginormous "raid" as everyone charged it.

It was the zerg event of the century, but we did eventually kill it! That was awesomely cool, and it still amuses me that that was much more fun than the actual event. As evinced by the fact that I can't remember what the event was and why we were there. :)
  • Options
    radnomadradnomad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Man, I wish Vanguard had turned out better. I was even in the Scarlet Brotherhood. Bards just rocked in that game! Featherfall ftw. lol
  • Options
    health002health002 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    radnomad wrote: »
    Man, I wish Vanguard had turned out better. I was even in the Scarlet Brotherhood. Bards just rocked in that game! Featherfall ftw. lol

o i joined them for a few days :P did love vanguard but was to dead ,or just to big :)
  • Options
    jez777jez777 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Leeroy Jenkins, thats my style! Everyone loves it. Makes me tons of friends!