test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What are you going to do with the Foundry?

2»

Comments

• cosmictimbercosmictimber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    You are right, but what zorbane is talking about is like defanging a cobra or black mamba and then killing it to get XP which you get for cobra or mamba.

So you put melee crowds unreachable to you while you take them safely out with ranged weapons from unreachable location.

oh i see... clever people. I'm sure those types of instances will exist, but they don't interest me. zylaxx already basically summed up my feelings on the subject. But, if there are those that wish to exploit and min/max that way... i don't really mind.

I've played enough MMO's at this point to not stress out about where I am "at" in the game. I've done the grind, it wasn't fun
  • unhodinunhodin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If possible I want to create a detailed underground dwarven hall. Here's hoping I can and that the foundry has some dwarf themed itms ;P

Also question about the foundry while I'm here, do all foundry maps have to have a mission/quest and/or a player limit? If not it would be a great tool to create public rp areas for events or say for your guild etc.
  • cosmictimbercosmictimber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    not 100% sure, but there is at least going to be a party limit size. I would imagine there is going to be a quest requirement too... but you could likely RP that in a "talk to the doorman or click the portal to enter/complete" sort of way.

again, just my own interpretation of what info is out there.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    unhodin wrote: »
    ...Also question about the foundry while I'm here, do all foundry maps have to have a mission/quest and/or a player limit? ...

for now, yes.
    edited January 2013
    not 100% sure, but there is at least going to be a party limit size. I would imagine there is going to be a quest requirement too... but you could likely RP that in a "talk to the doorman or click the portal to enter/complete" sort of way.

again, just my own interpretation of what info is out there.

u need to open reward chest at least to complete quest. no other objective required.
  • zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    oh i see... clever people. I'm sure those types of instances will exist, but they don't interest me. zylaxx already basically summed up my feelings on the subject. But, if there are those that wish to exploit and min/max that way... i don't really mind.

I've played enough MMO's at this point to not stress out about where I am "at" in the game. I've done the grind, it wasn't fun

Ya people will make them regardless of what safeguards Cryptic tries to put into place. I think most of us aren't losing any sleep over them, it's just kind of annoying and part of the MMO experience :rolleyes:

As for what kind of quests I'll make...I'll probably start off simple to figure out the system before doing anything advanced. Anyone looking forward to killing some rats? :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
    edited January 2013
    zorbane wrote: »
    ... Anyone looking forward to killing some rats? :D

You mean in the basement, sure! 1 GP per rat.
  • tinyishtinyish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I'm going to make a quest where you have to kill 5 rats in the basement. When you go down to the basement you only find four rats. To reach the fifth rat you'll need to find the secret entrance to the massive dungeon beyond the basement and fight your way through the dungeon to find the last rat. Then go collect your reward.
    edited January 2013
    tinyish wrote: »
    I'm going to make a quest where you have to kill 5 rats in the basement. When you go down to the basement you only find four rats. To reach the fifth rat you'll need to find the secret entrance to the massive dungeon beyond the basement and fight your way through the dungeon to find the last rat. Then go collect your reward.

Hmm.... my rats are more cryptic than you. You may even complete the quest without even encountering them...
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]