test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Silver Circle (Mage-Roleplaying Guild)

velmornvelmorn Member Posts: 15 Arc User
And here it is, the new thread "everyone" has been speaking about. The release date for Neverwinter draws ever closer, and as roleplayers we must stand firm to meet it!

IC concept:

We seek to create a wizard/sorcerer-community within the game: In character, this would be an independent order of wizards that seek to gain influence throughout the Sword Coast, locate and retrieve eldritch artifacts, and deal with rogue spellcasters. Oh, and we only share knowledge amongst themselves.

Background:

The leader of the order (at its founding) is Velmorn Ordell, a wizard claiming to have roots back in Cormyr, who has come to the Sword Coast in a bid to quell the diasters that plague the region like wildfire. Magic has not been the same since the Spellplague, and the last thing the city of New Neverwinter needs is rogue spellcasters bent on seizing power for their owns.

He seeks to recruit like-minded mages; arcanists who would share knowledge amongst themselves, secure artifacts for their order and hunt down rogue spellflingers. The Silver Circle can be spotted on the engraved silvery rings they carry on their persons, signifying membership.

The order is not related to any authorising organisation in Faerun, or so they claim.

--More to come--

Rules & Requirements:

As we're keeping a quality-over-quantity policy, our requirements are from the start set a bit high. The basics that we ask for, so far, are:
  • A firm grasp of the English language.
  • Knowledge of the Forgotten Realms setting.
  • Common roleplaying competence - telling IC from OOC, avoiding metagaming and so on.
  • Down-to-earth characters, not something overfacy like a half-vampire eladrin dragonborn, etc.
Post edited by velmorn on

Comments

• Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Great job on your new guild! Four out of the Five voices in my head approve (the fifth just wants cheese!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aeroth001aeroth001 Member Posts: 420 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2012
    lawfull good-lawfull neutral arcane caster's roleplaying guild. not bad
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    btw i just saw this now you want an wizard guild but eladrin race is not accepted ? :| that's kinda contradictory since eladrin is an iconic wizard race
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    aeroth001 wrote: »
    btw i just saw this now you want an wizard guild but eladrin race is not accepted ? :| that's kinda contradictory since eladrin is an iconic wizard race

I think he meant all of them toghether.
    not something overfacy like a half-vampire eladrin dragonborn

Though I don't think it is mechanically possible to have them together

p.s. dragonborn is also a native race to toril after merging with Abeir.

Though if you could ressurect as a dragonborn like 3e, it might have been possible - vampire eladrin are already there - a cursed group who kidnaps beautiful men and women. And then you could take dragon powers. But as dragonborn is a race in 4e just like human or elf, that path is not possible.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    ooooooooooooooooooooooooh now i see !
  • Options
    dailonihildailonihil Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well, with all the time that has passed I think it's time to choose a guild and would definitely be interested in joining an arcane themed guild when the time comes up. :)
  • Options
    uniqueviluniquevil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited September 2012
    interesting concept here and i believe TS is leaning more to forgotten realms than DnD
    theres a slight diff IMO
    a pure wizard guild reminds me of groups of selfish wizards in FR sharing the highest secret among themselves only LOL
    its will be interesting as RP is included as well
    thumbs up b:victory
  • Options
    velmornvelmorn Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Times are good!
  • Options
    volosusvolosus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'm sold. I have created a guild like this in Neverwinter Nights on the Roleplaying servers. I would very much love to join this guild. Kind of reminds me of Dragonlance and the Mage Towers.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2012
    Sounds like descendants of Halruaa. :-) One of my most favorite under-rated nations in the Realms. Had the best Temple of Mystra too in Mount Talath.
  • Options
    ridrithxridrithx Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Personally, I'd never roll a caster. HOWEVER... It's good to see there are going to true RP guilds in this game. I was starting to worry that the only thing I'd find would be "hardcore" pvp guilds and the like. That's usually what I end up seeing in a lot of PW's other offerings.

So thank you in advance, I hope more RP guilds start to show up! THIS IS DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS AFTER ALL!
  • Options
    arumizyarumizy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Good guild, i look forward to seeing you guys in action
  • Options
    eyeofgruumsheyeofgruumsh Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This sounds like a fun guild that might be something I'd want to be a part of. I'll keep it on my radar closer to game release.
  • Options
    phistagonphistagon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This sounds like a fun guild that might be something I'd want to be a part of. I'll keep it on my radar closer to game release.

^ What he said!!
  • Options
    avet85avet85 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hi guys! I am sorry for being away. Studying medicine is time consuming. I very much like the name, and I would like to be in this guild from the start. From now on I will be active, and feel free to contact me about anything. I'll be glad to help. :)
  • Options
    nakisanyenakisanye Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    This sounds great. I'm very interested in playing an arcane caster and am no stranger to RP and lore. *I need to do one of those introduction threads I guess.

One question though; the philosophy of the guild looks to be compatible with all classes. Some (fighters, rogues) would be bound by honour, blackmail or paid by coin, others still, might have their own agenda (clerics of certain gods) that coincide in the goals of the guild.

Ie: say I would join as a wizard. But later want to play as a cleric as my 'main', would that be a problem? (provided the character has a valid background story and motivations)
  • Options
    doctorcomicsdoctorcomics Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Glad to see this guild has continued to move forward. Sign me up. I'll have a wizard within minutes... as soon as I get Beta access.
  • Options
    elalora123elalora123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I am so glad to see a real roleplaying guild! I plan to play a wizard class and would absolutely love to join this guild! After all, DND is all about Roleplaying and having a good time.

Lets have a laugh! :D
  • Options
    drowwannabedrowwannabe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Great idea as a guild, though may be tough to manage certain activities without some meat wall/cannon fodder to slow the enemies advance. Almost Thayan.

With this in mind, what are your thoughts on players with multiple characters. My guild experience in games past, you generally had all chars in guild to enhance the cohesive relationships. Spell hurlers could always use servants, messengers and body guards and such as well.

:cool:

Glacbas, Death's Hand
    exile of Menzoberranzan
    Glacbas N'Zduiz, Death's Hand
    exile of Menzoberranzan
  • Options
    noshmeknoshmek Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 48
    edited February 2013
    My dwarven wizard will definitely be interested in joining this guild.
  • Options
    veeiveei Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Great idea as a guild, though may be tough to manage certain activities without some meat wall/cannon fodder to slow the enemies advance. Almost Thayan.

With this in mind, what are your thoughts on players with multiple characters. My guild experience in games past, you generally had all chars in guild to enhance the cohesive relationships. Spell hurlers could always use servants, messengers and body guards and such as well.

:cool:

Glacbas, Death's Hand
    exile of Menzoberranzan

I agree with this. Even though IC concept is great, a guild with ONLY Mages would have a difficult time in instances and such unless you PUG which you don't want to do. I think creating IC positions for all the classes would really add alot of character (no pun intended) to the guild.

Bel
    Rigas Crimstone, Officer

"Perfecting the art of being a meatshield since 1998"

Banners of the Light
  • Options
    scottythecscottythec Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would love to join this Guild upon launch.

I've not gotten involved with any beta-testing, but definitely plan to download and potentially subscribe if I can find enough roleplaying opportunity.

I've played pretty much every online and pen-and-paper rpg available... but DnD will always be my baby at heart!

Anyway... I'm in my late twenties, based in the UK, and my character concept would be older human character. Good aligned, but a bit murky; kinda like Bayaz from The First Law books.

My Cryptic global is @shardbolt if you play any of their other games. I'll check back here from time to time to see how it's going. Hopefully see you soon!

Scotty
  • Options
    tazrakunetazrakune Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 55
    edited March 2013
    Its been a month almost and no update on a forum or website for this guild concept? Bummer
    JerroldNeverwintersig_zps8ecd4397.jpg
  • Options
    avet85avet85 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hey guys! Has anyone started beta? I got key today.
  • Options
    doctorcomicsdoctorcomics Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    There's been no update on this guild from its founder in a very long time.

I've moved on to Seven Against Thay, and y'all are welcome to join me. Thread is linked in my sig.