test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Client Download is grayed out

vashthedrunkvashthedrunk Member Posts: 45
edited January 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I can't seem to download fromt he site because the download links isn't working.
Post edited by vashthedrunk on

Comments

• Options
    stormshadestormshade Member, Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This is because we're not in Beta, nor have we released yet.

Welcome to the forums however, I hope you'll stick around to learn more about the game and become part of our community!

Thanks,

Stormshade
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    stormshade wrote: »
    This is because we're not in Beta, nor have we released yet.

Welcome to the forums however, I hope you'll stick around to learn more about the game and become part of our community!

Thanks,

Stormshade

Thanks for clearing that up Stormshade!

Some people earlier if they received and entered a beta key were temporarily able to download a basic client. However, this may not have been what your team intended pre-beta and may have been for other testing groups outside of beta. I'm not sure of your disclosure pre-beta so I'll leave it at that.

However, for those who can (or will be able to in the future to) download the client, I have included steps in my FAQ on that. (But remember subscribers, just because I list the steps, does not mean you can always download it either. This has now been noted in the instructions for that specific answer.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    catburger003catburger003 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hey stormy! Give me a beta key! :(((( I've been dying for months now to get a key. I don't want to pay for something just for early access :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want to HAMSTER in Neverwinter, whenever I want, for as long as I want.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2012
    Hey stormy! Give me a beta key! :(((( I've been dying for months now to get a key. I don't want to pay for something just for early access :)

Don't worry, it has been stated that there will be other means to get a key for free. CBT hasn't started yet so just sit back and wait for the fan/community mmo sites to get some keys for their giveaways.

There still will most likely be some sort of Open Beta Phase too. As we haven't even begun Closed Beta, no word has been said yet about any possible OBT phase(s).
  • Options
    aapheusaapheus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Any idea when the beta will start? I plugged my key in from the PC Gamer mag, and I'm anxiously awaiting my chance to return to the city of Neverwinter.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited January 2013
    :) They have not announced a release date for any beta cycle yet. Besides "2013."

I would refer you to the FAQ and the Beta Anxiety Thread.

In general it is frowned upon to "necro" threads - to comment on threads that have had no activity in more than 30 days.
  • Options
    lolwutruevendoinlolwutruevendoin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Next month most likely, although there were numerous previews that said Late December/Early January I think Cryptic are a little behind. But I think it's safe to say about mid February to early March.
  • Options
    chaddiwickerchaddiwicker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013

You can technically get a code for free with the February issue of PC Gamer. I got a free 14 day subscription of PC Gamer via Google Play. If I cancel withing 14 days, I pay nothing. I have already received and entered my mount code (which also allows beta access) so I have gotten beta access without paying for anything.

Doesn't work if you've already had a trial subscription to PC Gamer via Google Play and I've heard that it may not work in certain countries. :(
  • Options
    bubbabinskybubbabinsky Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 161 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    Closed for necro.
This discussion has been closed.