test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Only Greatswords?

tethiyeltethiyel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
edited May 2013 in The Militia Barracks
I am sure I am not the only one that found it odd that the Great Weapon Fighter video only showed Greatswords. I was expecting other two handed weapons to be displayed. The scary part is that the animations also seemed to be very sword oriented. I love greatswords but it would get old quickly with all GWFs wielding them.
"What greater weapon is there than to turn an enemy to your cause? To use their own knowledge against them?"
Post edited by tethiyel on

Comments

• gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Eggzactly! I was crying out because crypticmapolis assured that GWF should be able to wield scythe, but where is my scythe?

*picks up a halfling*
    I will use this until they bring me Scythe!
  • tethiyeltethiyel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
    edited January 2013
    I'm all for wielding scythes. I loved Dark Knights in FFXI.

I also approve of using Halflings as improvised melee weapons.
    "What greater weapon is there than to turn an enemy to your cause? To use their own knowledge against them?"
  • aeroth001aeroth001 Member Posts: 420 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    tethiyel wrote: »

Vampire fighter + dark robe + scythe = win
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    aeroth001 wrote: »
    Vampire fighter + dark robe + scythe = Twilight

Fix'd for ya.

/10chars

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
    edited January 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »
    Fix'd for ya.
    Were-Leech fighter + Sparkly robe + Rainbow = Twilight

Now it is fixed....
    edited January 2013
    I will never be able to play my Alucard ever a gain:(
    edited January 2013

Yeah. Stupid were-leeches destroyed vampire's well-respected maintained image.

Let us gut all those were-leeches and were-slugs which shine in sun and pretend to be vampire and bath in their blood, gut, livers and stuff...
    edited January 2013
    *opens bottle of 200 years old demon blood*
  • qquentaqquenta Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I truly do hope the introduce two handed hammers. Just something about hammers that makes them ossum.
    edited January 2013
    qquenta wrote: »
    ... ossum.

... does this means it is a spell mistake for bosom? Two handed hammers makes them bosom? *thinks* oh! I see...

S&P people come running

Run!
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Eggzactly! I was crying out because crypticmapolis assured that GWF should be able to wield scythe, but where is my scythe?

*picks up a halfling*

SHAME ON YOU BOTH!

*Gently removes halfling and places them safely upright upon the ground, then replaces that being held with a certain Barbarian gnome*

That's better! Continue!

*Joins the protest*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tethiyeltethiyel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
    edited January 2013
    SHAME ON YOU BOTH!

*Gently removes halfling and places them safely upright upon the ground, then replaces that being held with a certain Barbarian gnome*

That's better! Continue!

*Joins the protest*

I like that Gnome more than most Halflings.

Now when the Foundry comes out I need to make a quest to save that dense Gnome... Its not his fault barbarians can use Int as a dump stat.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited January 2013

Symphony of the Night is a timeless classic. I still have it and play it every once in a while. Never got my 200%+ completion.
    edited January 2013
    SHAME ON YOU BOTH!

That's better! Continue!

*Joins the protest*

Fine and all but you got something sticking on your feet.... Wait is it Francis?
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Francis...is on a farm... a nice big farm where he can run and play for ever and ever....

Got something in my eyes again, 'cuse me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    SHAME ON YOU BOTH!

That's better! Continue!

*Joins the protest*

*replaces said barbarian gnome with this barbarian!

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
    edited January 2013
    Francis...is on a farm... a nice big farm where he can run and play for ever and ever....

Got something in my eyes again, 'cuse me.

Oh My God! You killed Francis! You Bast***s!
    edited January 2013

I didn't, it was that stupid reporter that got him kill...err sent to the farm!

*Runs off sobbing at the thought of Francis...always at the farm*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • muzrub333muzrub333 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If you watch the video, the "Great Weapon Fighter" text has artwork showing a crossed sword and ax, which makes me think that they just used a basic great sword in the video out of convenience, and that a GWF will be able to use all the weapons available to the build in the 4e rules.

Also, as an aside, it is my understanding that the awful spinning animation has been changed. Cross your fingers on that.
  • slambitslambit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 282 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    source? and it really wasnt that awefull in the video, tad fast perhaps :)
  • adamantium1adamantium1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I hope your right having only great swords would be a shame. Another point i disliked was how broad and oversized they are. They were not heavy weapons weighing anywhere from 5 to 8 pounds. There were ceremonial weapons which were heavier but never used in battle.

Be nice to have other great weapons such as great axes examples of which are the broad axe (Dane Axe), with a 4 to 6 foot shaft, Sparth Axe and pole axe. Great hammers such as mauls, Bec de corbin and lucerne hammer.
    edited January 2013
    slambit wrote: »
    source? and it really wasnt that awefull in the video, tad fast perhaps :)

The first part is based on the art in the video, and my own hopes.

Second part from a Massive Brownish-Grey Corvus

edit: I like the movements, just not the yellowish effects.
    edited January 2013
    muzrub333 wrote: »
    ... that they just used a basic great sword in the video out of convenience, and that a GWF will be able to use all the weapons available to the build in the 4e rules. ...

That is what crypticmapolis promised us. If I don't get Scythe, I am going to go to Supreme throne and release Cyric and teleport him to Neverwinter.
    edited January 2013
    I hope your right having only great swords would be a shame. Another point i disliked was how broad and oversized they are. They were not heavy weapons weighing anywhere from 5 to 8 pounds. There were ceremonial weapons which were heavier but never used in battle.

Be nice to have other great weapons such as great axes examples of which are the broad axe (Dane Axe), with a 4 to 6 foot shaft, Sparth Axe and pole axe. Great hammers such as mauls, Bec de corbin and lucerne hammer.

A Dane axe,; is that like a Bearded Axe? I'd love that. I get tired of the double bit axes so popular in fantasy. My one worry is that the class will be limited to edged weapons. I personally prefer Mauls, and huge Maces, or even a Tetsubo would be great.
  • mnaticmnatic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 233 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2013
    halberd, bow staff could also work with current animation
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited January 2013

^ I also played a Dark Knight and have no nothing against a Blackguard with a Scythe or Greatsword =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    enderlin50 wrote: »
    ^ I also played a Dark Knight and have no nothing against a Blackguard with a Scythe or Greatsword =)

Great, ANOTHER Batman player! ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vindiconvindicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    *picks up a halfling*

*Picks up a dwarven priest*
    I've got a holy weapon! Come at me!

Also, where is my dual-weilding monkey-grip fighter? How am I supposed to use both my Myrkul's Wrath and my Akatchi's Scythe from the good ol' days?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2013
    vindicon wrote: »
    *Picks up a dwarven priest*
    I've got a holy weapon! Come at me!

A holy bludgeoning throwing weapon you mean with 1d4 change of hurling out his beer before he hits me?

Because if you pick up a dwarf, the dwarf will get angry at you and attack you. But is you toss it, (without telling elf about it) it will get a bonus to attack with a 100% chance to get a fatigue-less "Rage".
  • vindiconvindicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    A holy bludgeoning throwing weapon you mean with 1d4 change of hurling out his beer before he hits me?

Because if you pick up a dwarf, the dwarf will get angry at you and attack you. But is you toss it, (without telling elf about it) it will get a bonus to attack with a 100% chance to get a fatigue-less "Rage".

Depends on how you grab him. If you grab him by the beard (and ignore him screaming "Not the beard!") a dwarven priest counts as an enchanted (+1 to +5 depending on how many beers he's had that day) flail with 2d6 bonus positive damage and a 25% chance to inflict 1d4 Intelligence damage on hit (you know, all that beer)

A better throwing weapon would be a gnome - they only inflict 1d4 damage, but on impact they start incessantly talking and have a 100% chance to inflict Sleep for 1d6 rounds. Enemies with a HD below 6 are permanently deafened instead (through self-inflicted injury). Svirfneblin also gain a +8 enchantment bonus versus constructs, earth elementals and petrified creatures and deal an additional 268 budgeoning damage every round (because they immediately start mining them for gems)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]