test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vote for Neverwinter as your most anticipated MMOG of 2013 on Ten Ton Hammer!

pwetrailturtlepwetrailturtle Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2012 in News & Announcements
https://www.tentonhammer.com/polls/most-anticipated-mmog-of-2013

Can't wait to start your adventure in Neverwinter? Tell it to the world by voting for Neverwinter on Ten Ton Hammer! You can vote once per hour until January 6, 2013 so be sure to vote often. We're extremely excited and can't wait to reveal more in the coming new year...
Post edited by pwetrailturtle on

Comments

• deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You can only vote once every hour.
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2012
    Insert snide and cynical comments, about anticipation and revelations in the new year, here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    How about a teaser on what's going to be in that January 8th PCGamer? I bet you THAT will grant many the ambition to vote :)

Even better, how about you join me on an impromptu Neverwinter Online Crossroads Show podcast, which I can guarantee you will be live in minutes and viewed by the bulk of your most loyal forum community members after we broadcast it (or later if need-be to be reviewed by other Cryptic staff). Your best advertising/sales ops come from those most loyal to you... good old fashioned word of mouth.

tumblr_malrz129Cl1rh365ao1_500.png

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ds/id577395805

Let's get a spark going and do one for the team, aye?

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
    edited December 2012
    ......repost

No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I would say that because of people getting impatient due to delays and lack of information here on forums, any such step would be nice. Though after they agree to(big if) still it would take weeks for it to come out - still it will be nice initiative on cryptic part to interact with NW fans.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    *steps back and just only watches potential interaction between Staff and subscribers*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2012
    516677268_fa5235bb30_o.jpg

I'll just be lifting cars and holding my breath... piece of cake!

• wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,847 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    That's actually WHY the devs aren't communicating with the forums, they're IN the car Andre is lifting. But yes, a little feed back would be nice from the other side of the game, even if it's just general discussion and not anything spoilerific or making promises (like the STO debacle). It would be nice if our community manager would be more active in the community like branflakes and trailturtle, granted i'm sure there is some level of restrictions on what they can and can't say from the company side.

As for me, i'm looking forward to this game but with all that's happening in cryptics other games and the silence and push backs here, i'm not really voting for it until i've managed to play it.
  • levistus666levistus666 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I voted today, I then saw the current leaders:
    1. The Elder Scrolls Online? Pass the Red Bull, this is going to be a slow and painful crawl through a world no one will care about or remember. Hasta la Vista Baby!
    2. Firefall? That is a total piece is shizz. After beta testing it, I felt sick, saying to myself, "OMG, they did it again, after it's been done again, and again, and again, and again, and again."
    3. Dust514? Um, someone forgot to tell the boots on the ground they would get fried from space by my dreadnought - Game Over man! Game Over!.....before it even begins.
    Covenant of the Phoenix in NeverWinter
    www.cotp.info

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • readymealreadymeal Member Posts: 57
    edited December 2012
    https://www.tentonhammer.com/polls/most-anticipated-mmog-of-2013

Can't wait to start your adventure in Neverwinter? Tell it to the world by voting for Neverwinter on Ten Ton Hammer! You can vote once per hour until January 6, 2013 so be sure to vote often. We're extremely excited and can't wait to reveal more in the coming new year...

most anticipated game... why would i vote for something like this...if this game ends up being like STO( a generic space MMO with a Star trek theme and milking players at every corners...)...i would feel like a foul...no thanks. Let s see the game first and if i like it i ll promote it. Do we have a deal?
  • aderewaderew Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    readymeal wrote: »
    Let s see the game first and if i like it i ll promote it. Do we have a deal?

I see what you did there ... but no beta key for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    most anticipated game... why would i vote for something like this...

Anticipate:
    1. To feel or realize beforehand; foresee: hadn't anticipated the crowds at the zoo.
    2. To look forward to, especially with pleasure; expect: anticipated a pleasant hike in the country.
    3. To deal with beforehand; act so as to mitigate, nullify, or prevent: anticipated the storm by boarding up the windows. See Synonyms at expect.
    4. To cause to happen in advance; accelerate.
    5. To use in advance, as income not yet available.
    6. To pay (a debt) before it is due.

Once you have seen it, you can't anticipate
  • readymealreadymeal Member Posts: 57
    edited December 2012
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Anticipate:

Once you have seen it, you can't anticipate

nice one :) i rather wait and see but i do believe in trends...anticipation which come hand to hand with expectation usually leads to disappointment, i honestly prefer a surprise :). I could see the cup half empty here but Cryptic left a sour taste in my mouth with STO...
    And once again why would i promote a game i don t know much about. does not make sense in my books. Anticipation or not.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited December 2012
    but Cryptic left a sour taste in my mouth with STO...

I just downloaded STO to try it out, and while I'm having fun with it so far, I would never, ever spend money on a game that throws gamble boxes at me every other drop and sells powerful equipment in the in-game store.

As someone new to the game, it's fun enough to play for free. And I don't intend to spend any money on it. If I was an invested player, I probably would have been extremely mad about what the conversion to FTP has done to the game.
    edited December 2012
    That's actually WHY the devs aren't communicating with the forums, they're IN the car Andre is lifting.

Well gosh darn it.... you mean you want me to put them down, and let them out!!?? Now what fun is there in that? Now if they gave Aandre a PCGamer teaser for the NOCS, I think we can work something out! ;)

• deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Well gosh darn it.... you mean you want me to put them down, and let them out!!?? Now what fun is there in that? Now if they gave Aandre a PCGamer teaser for the NOCS, I think we can work something out! ;)

Yes and also if PR would email me back(good stuff if they say yes, just cant say what yet). I dont know who spiked the eggnog up at PR, but whatever they used must cause some kind of comatose state that will last through New Years... must have been some good nog
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]