test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Greetings

gilliesgillies Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited November 2012 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
Hey all,

Just wanted to drop by and say hey. I am looking forward to playing this game and having my awesome 4th edition characters transfer over to the game. Basically I am going to be playing a Human Wizard (control) or a Tiefling Cleric. Also I really want to get into a guild that is wanting to take this game seriously (raids, pvp, instances, etc). I have played many mmos usually as a caster protector (though my class generally wasn't tanky) in some shape or form. So not much else to say but, I look forward to meeting as many of you as I can in game.

Cheers!
Post edited by gillies on

Comments

• pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hi Welcome! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • adaram648adaram648 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 366 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2012
    Welcome to crazy town!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gilliesgillies Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thanks for the kind welcomes. ^_^
  • surf13surf13 Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Greetings and well met!

Please take your collar from the slave by the door. I look forward to sampling your tasty looking brain...
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Well met and welcome to Neverwinter!
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hello and Welcome gillies

There is a good bit of things on this forum even though it is still in alpha.
    I suggest checking out the New User FAQ if you haven't already.
    We have everything from fan fiction to podcasts to discussions to guilds and even our random off-topic discussions.
    If you decide to do any guild shopping the Directory of the Founders Guilds of Neverwinter can be very helpful.
    The Neverwinter Online Crossroads Show,NOCS, is a podcast hosted by AndretheGiant.

Also I invite you to check out my guild.(a link is in my signature) I invite you to look at it contact me about it and join if you want.

Hope to see you around the forums and eventually in-game.
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Welcome to Neverwinter! Hey, I like this one, please no brain eating Surf! :)

I also like to play a Wizard, but am holding off on my race to see if more become available at launch. Nice avatar! Trying to tell, but just a wee bit small for certain, who's it from?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited November 2012
    I know I'm late, but welcome. I'm also looking forward to getting into a pvp and raiding guild. I like playing clerics :) I'd like an aasimar but I guess they're Deva now. And while I don't like the fashion implication I can deal with that :) So I hope they are included along with Tiefling at launch.
    Nice avatar! Trying to tell, but just a wee bit small for certain, who's it from?

Oh god I didn't even notice the avatar. That's Penny Arcade! You get +1 awesome points, sir.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ranncore wrote: »
    I know I'm late, but welcome. I'm also looking forward to getting into a pvp and raiding guild. I like playing clerics :) I'd like an aasimar but I guess they're Deva now. And while I don't like the fashion implication I can deal with that :) So I hope they are included along with Tiefling at launch.

Oh god I didn't even notice the avatar. That's Penny Arcade! You get +1 awesome points, sir.

Of course! Now it clicks and makes sense to me, you removed it :(

I'll have to go -1 for being a fan and not recognizing that look on his face... I also love their Videos on how their RL world works or "Extra Credits."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    Penny Arcade has just become a great place for gamers to get together and hang out. Just like these fine forums here. So I gotta ask, has anyone here played any D&D and are you bringing over any classic characters to Neverwinter?
    edited November 2012
    gillies wrote: »
    Penny Arcade has just become a great place for gamers to get together and hang out. Just like these fine forums here. So I gotta ask, has anyone here played any D&D and are you bringing over any classic characters to Neverwinter?

For 34 years and this handle is a personification of an aspect I envisioned since 1990 being in all my gaming eventually in one form or another. This D&D incarnation I think I will try wizard....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    HIGH FIVE FOR WIZARDS!!! *virtual high five*
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited November 2012
    I've been using this handle (ranncore) for every fictional character of mine since I was in high school (a shamefully long time ago). Back when I first started playing DDO, I was running around in the harbor when someone random sent me a tell, that simply said, "<my name here>?" I was like who the hell are you? He said, "lol, I haven't seen you since high school, I knew that had to be you, you've been using the same name and spelling it the same way since we played DnD back then."
    It was pretty crazy, the odds that we would both be playing the same game on the same server at the same time when we hadn't seen each other in almost ten years and were living on different sides of the country were astronomically low.
    edited November 2012
    The magic of online gaming is pretty amazing at times! :D