test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Wizard's Attack Stance Is Not Good (cont.)

popsook69popsook69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2012 in General Discussion (PC)
After watching pretty much all the videos on Neverwinter something really stuck out to me, and that's the wizards attack stance. He walks like a zombie with a corn cob in his butt for one. Next, I'm not sure what the main attack he was using in the video was, but he looked like Gambit from X-men tossing cards from a deck at enemies. I just wanted to comment on that because it's really been bugging me and wondered if anyone else finds this bothersome.
I agree with the OP. I am not a huge fan of the combat stance of the Wizard. It's not every aspect of the stand but something seems off with the hands being up like they are, kinda looks more like they are fighting with some type of martial art look. I even saw one screenshot that made him look like like he came out of a Jet Li movie LOL.

I'll play the game regardless but if they want feedback on elements of the game then that's my honest opinion on the stance.
Post edited by popsook69 on

Comments

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    I moved this into it's own thread. Keep in mind, threads that are inactive for 30+ days are considered "Dead Threads" and Kelemvor does not allow the resurrection of them. Instead, in such cases, please feel free to create a new thread to continue discussing the topic. Thanks!

Original Topic Reference:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?8981-Wizard-s-attack-stance-is-not-good
  • Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    They should call it the Constipated Wizard rather than the Control Wizard hehe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    His at rest stance is even worse....like something out of a bad chopsake flick....Cryptic really really needs to go back to the drawing board on this.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yeah agreed. It's like he's focusing Ki...for a wizard?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aesclealaescleal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    +1
    I can't disagree with this, and you can say the same for the rogue running and hopping up and down.
    I'm truly hoping this is one of those things that can still be changed without more delays.
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I was supporting it...right up to the point I demoed it. Then it's "why is he holding two fingers up like that? No, wizards don't focus between spell powers in 4E." No further aloud comment but my mind was changed that day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aesclealaescleal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I was supporting it...right up to the point I demoed it. Then it's "why is he holding two fingers up like that? No, wizards don't focus between spell powers in 4E." No further aloud comment but my mind was changed that day.

That says it all! :eek:
  • Options
    shredstallion33shredstallion33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 66
    edited November 2012
    The guardian fighters two handed overhead woodcutter chop offends me to.
  • Options
    borsarborsar Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Anyway it seems to me that such a wizard should have lost his hand holding it for all the time he "rests" in the air. Generally however you're right the attack stance (tossing magic missles like some... darts?) doesn't seem good at all.
  • Options
    zerinwzerinw Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    well here is a question i'm interesedt in how should the stance be for magic missile and rest?
  • Options
    vangaldvangald Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 325 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2012
    This is how I expect magic missile cast.
    yoga.jpg
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    vangald wrote: »
    And the 2 missiles come from?

*runs from S&P people*
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    vangald wrote: »
    yoga.jpg

Uhhhh, what was the question again?

*minutes of staring later*

What was I doing again...

...it doesn't matter....

approved.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]