test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is this game still releasing in 2012?

presbytier7presbytier7 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
edited November 2012 in General Discussion (PC)
The lack of a real time frame given by the developers has been frustrating. I understand they want to make sure the game is 100% ready before releasing it, and considering Cryptics long record of releasing very unfinished games I am all for them taking as much time as needed. What does bother me is the general lack of information that has been given about a game that was originally supposed to be released back in 2011.

Now I am not doubting they are making the game, but I have serious doubts as to whether it will release by the end of this year which has been the most recent target release date given as far as I am aware(if they have changed that please feel free to inform me). Considering they have said a late 2012 release date and we have not even scene closed Beta yet and it is already November I think it is safe to say this game will not launch this year.

My main point is I wish the developers would be a little more transparent as to how the development is going and when we may actually see this game released. I am seriously interested in this game I registered for the forums the first day the site went up, but the way the way they have been very slowly trickling information is just personally bothering. In the end i hope they keep up the work and just try to be a little more forthcoming with information.:cool:
"Never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game."-Guybrush Threepwood
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."-Hunter S. Thompson
Post edited by presbytier7 on

Comments

• bubbabinskybubbabinsky Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 161 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    The only information that was given to me was "Soon"

I'm not sure where I stand on the topic. I wouldn't be surprised if it was released in 2013, nor would I be disappointed.
  • pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    No it isn't, sometime in 2013 . My guess is Alpha beta is about too start soonish and maybe if we lucky CB in late January or some such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • presbytier7presbytier7 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The only information that was given to me was "Soon"

I'm not sure where I stand on the topic. I wouldn't be surprised if it was released in 2013, nor would I be disappointed.
    I have no issue with a 2013 release either; I just wish they would just say "hey do to all the extra polish we are giving this we won't be releasing till mid to late 2013". I know Cryptic has a lot riding on this game considering their last two game where critical failures at launch. I just hope their trademark on Soon™ runs out Soon™.
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."-Hunter S. Thompson
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    More pre-release development time = more budget = better game.
    edited November 2012
    gillrmn wrote: »
    More pre-release development time = more budget = better game.
    I agree! My issue is not with a delayed release, but instead the complete overall lack of information about the release or really any ingame information for that matter.
  • illuminariiilluminarii Member, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I agree! My issue is not with a delayed release, but instead the complete overall lack of information about the release or really any ingame information for that matter.

They do give us information though. It is not the information you want about a release, but they still have their news-page pretty well updated with video content. Giving an absolute value (or any value at all) about a release date just is asking for failure. At that point things would start to be rushed and the first thing you would experience is disappointment when you entered an unfinished or unpolished game.
    edited November 2012
    They do give us information though. It is not the information you want about a release, but they still have their news-page pretty well updated with video content. Giving an absolute value (or any value at all) about a release date just is asking for failure. At that point things would start to be rushed and the first thing you would experience is disappointment when you entered an unfinished or unpolished game.

For a game that is supposedly months from release we know absolutely little. There are only two very short class videos and some lore ones.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    For a game that is supposedly months from release we know absolutely little. There are only two very short class videos and some lore ones.
    I usually know much, much less about other games that I try, play, and/or buy.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Respectfully, they have said since Gamescon frequently in mid-August 2012 (and even earlier if you check their own News Archives,) the delay of the game is to early 2013 due to the inclusion of PvP at release (instead of delayed release for PvP) and to overall give the game more polish. They also have it mentioned the release date in their FAQ, My FAQ, and in multiple other places I'm not bothering to list, but in ALL Social media at least!

All I can tell you, is the game will be released early 2013 and Beta a couple months before that, and Cryptic's erring on getting it right over fast, so even that is never a locked-in guarantee date range.

I'm sorry if anybody missed this, but it's clear on multiple sites since Mid August. Therefore, since the answer is clear, Edit: and the other concern technically brings this off topic if that was not clear I'm closing this thread. Sorry if it feels heavy handed, but this is a clear answer and is not debatable what year the game is coming out: 2013. Edit: Feel free to discuss Cryptic's development and announcement methods as another thread of course.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.