test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Torchlight 2 Preorder for NW beta key

kellionbanekellionbane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2012 in General Discussion (PC)
I pre-ordered TL2 back in May through Perfect World, just for a beta key for this game, and have not received one. Has anyone actually received a key for Neverwinter through Perfect World?
Post edited by kellionbane on

Comments

• stormshadestormshade Member, Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I pre-ordered TL2 back in May through Perfect World, just for a beta key for this game, and have not received one. Has anyone actually received a key for Neverwinter through Perfect World?

We have not sent out the keys yet, as the closed beta for Neverwinter has not began at this time.

We'll make sure you get one when the time comes.

Thanks,

Stormshade
  • kellionbanekellionbane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Still waiting for my key, have they been sent out yet?

EDIT: Would also love to contact PW about this, but their "contact us" tab on their support page is broken, and gets blocked by my browsers as it has an "infinite redirect loop" or something akin to that in their code.

If someone could drop their support email in this thread, i would appreciate it.

Thank you.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2012

EDIT: Would also love to contact PW about this, but their "contact us" tab on their support page is broken, and gets blocked by my browsers as it has an "infinite redirect loop" or something akin to that in their code.

If someone could drop their support email in this thread, i would appreciate it.

Thank you.

I'm sorry for your troubles, here is the support email however: customerservice@perfectworld.com

Yes, the T2 promotion beta keys have been sent.

My question to you, on not receiving one, is:
    ---> Did you order it through Steam?

If so, Steam's promotion was a free copy of the first Torchlight. It was only the pre-order through the PWE site itself that also came with a NWO CBT Key.

Don't worry too much though right now as CBT has not yet started so even if you have the key now, you won't be able to do anything with it aside from entering it into your account.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Thank you.

Yeah, checked and people have received keys by email now. This is definitely a support issue IF you ordered it from PWE and not a third party like Steam. Make sure you have info on your purchase ready when you contact them so they can verify the key needed to be sent or where it was sent/what spam filter in the email to check/etc.

The other issue you're having with contacting support is called an "infinite redirect loop" issue, and I too am a victim of this unknown cause. The above link can take you to a support forum that lists the possible solutions to it or options how to alternately contact support (for instance, for me I had to use a direct email option.) Sometimes simply clearing cookies and/or trying another browser (eg Firefox or IE) can solve the issue. Other times, it does not.

I made a topic on this in my FAQ and here is the info I compiled:
    I'm getting a "Redirect Error" or the page won't display when I attempt to Contact PWE Support or Create a Ticket. HELP!!! What Can I Do!?

This is a known issue that PWE is aware of. At the time of this response, I also am affected by the redirect loop. Below is the issue from PWE directly and PWE Support site Mod Darth Panda's solutions on how Support can be contacted when this happens, (or alternately contacting Support should your redirect issue be ongoing.)
    This webpage has a redirect loop
    The webpage at http://www.perfectworld.com/login/?src=rn&returnTo=0&error=7&lang=en has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.
    Here are some suggestions:
    Reload this webpage later.
    Learn more about this problem.
    Error 310 (net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS): There were too many redirects.
    Hi Everyone,
    If you wind up getting a redirect loop when trying to use our support website and need to contact us, there are a few current work arounds for this known issue:
    1) Create a new PWE account and use that to submit and update your tickets.
    2) Send us an email to customerservice at perfectworld dotcom.
    It has something to possibly do with a database issue with the Rightnow system and ours. Hopefully it gets fixed soon!

Unfortunately, if clearing your cache and cookies and reloading the page do not help, making a new account and/or emailing them (with your registered PWE email) at customerservice@perfectworld.com directly are the only known workarounds available at this time.

None of this is helping and I need to contact Perfect World Entertainment support! How do I do this?

First off, don't panic! Sometimes things simply do not work as expected for some, and we need a person to review what happened.

There are a few ways to contact PWE:

You may contact this tech support forum, create a ticket, or connect to Perfect World's Support Email (only) if contact cannot be sent from the above links (like if you get a redirect loop or page unable to be displayed error. PWE is looking into this and try several different browsers first before using the email link.)

So to sum up, contact PWE SUpport and use the menhods mentioned by the Redirect Loop Error fixes to do so, and they should be able to resolve your key.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kellionbanekellionbane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Thank you for the help.

I had purchased five copies of TL2, one from PW, and four from Steam, to give away to friends.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2012
    Thank you for the help.

I had purchased five copies of TL2, one from PW, and four from Steam, to give away to friends.

Ahh, well you should have gotten one key for the one you pre-ordered through PWE Website. You did Pre-Order yes? If you ordered it after it released, the promotion would not have been valid. Those Steam Pre-Orders each come with a free copy of Torchlight I.

Check your spam box for the CBT Key, it should have come from email@email.perfectworld.com and is the same email that contains your Torchlight 2 key. If you got the T2 key email but it did not contain a NWO Beta Key, you may wish to contact Support.
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    have the beta keys for the raiderz founders package also been sent out yet?
  • bitterwinterbitterwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Most likely not till the 24th of October when it launches.
    edited October 2012

As far as we know, no they have not. All we know is that it is stated*: "Elite Pack purchasers will receive a Neverwinter Closed Beta key prior to the start of Neverwinter's Closed Beta test. Exact test dates have yet to be determined."

*Thanks Bubbabinsky for the info relay.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    No they have not. Unsure if they will be sent out when RaiderZ enters its launch phase or when NWO nears its CB phase. That decision is up to the marketing and they will email you all when they are about to/send it. As before, if you don't get a key when the game is launched or CB here begins and others have confirmed receiving keys, contact support.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I have theory I would like to test, If I am annoying enough on the forums and continually post my little brony video or charlie the unicorn videos will the powers that be maybe send me a cb key to shut me up ?

mwahahaha!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
    edited October 2012
    pilf3r wrote: »
    I have theory I would like to test, If I am annoying enough on the forums and continually post my little brony video or charlie the unicorn videos will the powers that be maybe send me a cb key to shut me up ?

mwahahaha!

LOL! It would have worked if I wasn't such a fan!

Here's Charlie 1 2 3 and 4 There's no stopping the Vortex Charlie! YAAAY, Darkness!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • agentbartonagentbarton Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I have heard that lifetime subs to STO would also be getting a CBT key , can someone confirm this please. Thanks.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited October 2012
    Yes Lifetime Subs to CO and STO will get Closed Beta Keys but not until the CBT starts.
    edited October 2012
    I have heard that lifetime subs to STO would also be getting a CBT key , can someone confirm this please. Thanks.

Confirmed, here you go: http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=573891
    Greetings Captains!

We are happy to announce that all Star Trek Online Lifetime Subscribers will be receiving access to the Neverwinter Closed Beta test*. *When this testing phase begins, invites will be doled out to Lifetime Subscribers over the course of the test.

If you are not currently a Lifetime Subscriber and would like to become one, check out this page. Also, we are currently running a sale on Lifetime Subscriptions ($100 off!) that lasts until this Friday, June 29th, at 3:00pm PDT.
  • agentbartonagentbarton Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    zebular wrote: »

Thanks , awesome news.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    pilf3r wrote: »

mwahahaha!

Or you can try your wish with Robot Unicorns. Maybe that will work.