test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What type of skum are you?

Comments

• gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    :x oh i see haha yeah it will be a big event but D: heres a noob question :x where do i find or get a in a line for a beta key ? :x and hey gillrmn how are ya

"If you join forum you are automatically added to potential pool of beta testers. Not a guaranteed access."
    "Events like PAX/E3 had beta key giveaways where they demo-ed the game"
    "preorder of TL2 from PWE(over now), "that" Raiderz pack give you guranteed access"
    "LTS(lifetime subscribers) from other cryptic games have guranteed access"

Other ways to get beta keys will come up later (I am guessing the way Raiderz gave away the keys at last moment on various websites).

However, even if you have beta access/beta key it does not mean you can play once close beta is out. They will add testers by phases. Even if you have beta key, you might be able to get in just a week before CB ends or maybe on day 1. It is luck and random.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    :x oh i see haha yeah it will be a big event but D: heres a noob question :x where do i find or get a in a line for a beta key ? :x and hey gillrmn how are ya

Shame on you! You said in another thread that you were reading my FAQ and the first section answers that question!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yoyoyooyoyooyoyooofohthofdooooyoyoyooyoyooyoyooofohthofdoooo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Shame on you! You said in another thread that you were reading my FAQ and the first section answers that question!

D: i got distracted by something else im sorry D: ill go back to reading it :x theeres just so much!!!!!!! and im lazy unless it was hosted into a movie
    but i shall go back to reading it! right now
  • yoyoyooyoyooyoyooofohthofdooooyoyoyooyoyooyoyooofohthofdoooo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    gillrmn wrote: »
    "If you join forum you are automatically added to potential pool of beta testers. Not a guaranteed access."
    "Events like PAX/E3 had beta key giveaways where they demo-ed the game"
    "preorder of TL2 from PWE(over now), "that" Raiderz pack give you guranteed access"
    "LTS(lifetime subscribers) from other cryptic games have guranteed access"

Other ways to get beta keys will come up later (I am guessing the way Raiderz gave away the keys at last moment on various websites).

However, even if you have beta access/beta key it does not mean you can play once close beta is out. They will add testers by phases. Even if you have beta key, you might be able to get in just a week before CB ends or maybe on day 1. It is luck and random.

oh i see i was gonna buy the 30 dollar pack from raiderz but i dont got a credit card :x
    edited September 2012

:X soooo much to read TruthSeeker :o im only upto Is the game Instanced or Open world? I keep hearing it's one than it's the other! cause LoL is distracting me s:

( What Races and Classes are listed as released for Neverwinter Online? ) alright im upto there so far Seeker gosh theres alot more then i remember there being haha anyways imma head off to sleep and read probably most of the rest tomorrow have a nice time
  • jadescimitarjadescimitar Member Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    These are not the Rogues you are looking for! Move along!

So nice to be understood... Most just stare at me or away from me hoping I'd quiet down after a while, hasn't worked yet... b:pleased
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
    This city promises death for the meek, glory for the bold, danger for all, and riches for Jade!
    Elven Trickster Rogue: Two-bladed elf, tons of stabby stabby and that sort of thing...
    | R. A. Salvatore | My Minions | Forgotten Realms Wiki | Elven Translator |
  • vangaldvangald Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 325 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2012
    But maybe they are the rogues we deserve, but not the ones we need.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    vangald wrote: »
    But maybe they are the rogues we deserve, but not the ones we need.

Punishment rogues are for adults only and can't be posted in this thread...oh wait, that's not what you meant is it? b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zynatharzynathar Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I like rogues such as Artemis Entreri and Jarlaxle. I imagine my rogue as a fighter with the supreme talent in thievery, stealth and fighting of Entreri and the dazzling charm and acrobatic talents of Jarlaxle. So basically a fighter/rogue but unfortunately we're not allowed to multiclass. :(
  • ereviskaelereviskael Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    ill let my partner the bard,distract you with the tale of my reputable character. while i kindly releave you of your purse. of course if her song doesn't prove distracting enough ill gladly sink my daggers into your kidneys,before handing over the spoils to my partner. suprisingly she insists upon that last part,doesn't seem to trust me to keep it safe myself. fair of face and voice she may be,but definatly has some unfounded trust issues.

In the words of Austins POwers" Daddy wasnt there....*la la la*
  • vualenshovualensho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I'd rather sneak in avoiding combat, get a-a-all I need and sneak out. No kills, no alarms. Why disturb those who give you profit? Let 'em live and gather stuff for you to take it, he-he. We're rogues, after all, fights are for fighters - that's what I think.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Punishment rogues are for adults only and can't be posted in this thread...oh wait, that's not what you meant is it? *:dirty

Yes I would like to be "questioned" by one of those female drow cleric rogues ... wait they aren't rogues?
    edited October 2012
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Yes I would like to be "questioned" by one of those female drow cleric rogues ... wait they aren't rogues?

In this case they are "rouges" :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • midnighttigerofdarknessmidnighttigerofdarkness Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    ill let my partner the bard,distract you with the tale of my reputable character. while i kindly releave you of your purse. of course if her song doesn't prove distracting enough ill gladly sink my daggers into your kidneys,before handing over the spoils to my partner. suprisingly she insists upon that last part,doesn't seem to trust me to keep it safe myself. fair of face and voice she may be,but definatly has some unfounded trust issues.

I laughed so hard.
  • marenormarenor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Stealth is the path to knowledge. Know yourself and know your enemy, by knowing these two factors, you are well on your way to victory. Learn everything you can about your enemy, who they are, where they are and how they react, and then use this knowledge to ensure an advantage. Once the advantage is gained, end them. There can be no one chasing if no one is left to chase. Also, it is much easier to loot incapacitated bodies and you never know what surprises you may find.
  • sauceonsidesauceonside Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    my rouge is being able to go where i want and open what i want when i want. i dont care about picking up traps just getting by them. opening any locked door or chest and sneaking right up behind my target to sink my daggers into their back, then sneaking away through locked doors and through traps. no one heard or saw anything, i was never there. you just died....
    edited November 2012
    my rouge is being able to go where i want and open what i want when i want. i dont care about picking up traps just getting by them. opening any locked door or chest and sneaking right up behind my target to sink my daggers into their back, then sneaking away through locked doors and through traps. no one heard or saw anything, i was never there. you just died....

:cool: As awesome a description of skum as your avatar is, GJ!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vanquisher20vanquisher20 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    same here man! assassin type characters make me feel so <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Like Artemis Entreri, he's my favorite fictional character.
  • ruikesan85ruikesan85 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2012
    I'm a total swashbuckler at heart, I'd rather talk someone out of their gold than have to take it by force. Don't think that my sly smile is my only weapon though. When push comes to shove, your bleeding heart will break as you look up and realize your wife was rooting for me the whole time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    ruikesan85 wrote: »
    I'm a total swashbuckler at heart, I'd rather talk someone out of their gold than have to take it by force. Don't think that my sly smile is my only weapon though. When push comes to shove, your bleeding heart will break as you look up and realize your wife was rooting for me the whole time.

Talk? I thought you'd swipe it while swinging from a chandelier!

Well at least I know my wife will back me...honey...why are you over there...and where are your clothes....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ruikesan85ruikesan85 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2012
    If I'm in a hurry sure, but I usually save the chandelier for my grand entrance in the next story big shaking scene, or a quick retreat (only hasty enough to let me spout off a one-liner or two) if things go bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • clockwerkninjaclockwerkninja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I probably ,..Probably, will not pick the pockets of my companions or any normal folks, but a wealthy merchant or king should worry..I make most of my way finding paths for big barbarians or dusty old mages,remove a few traps climbs some walls, maybe break out the long sword/short sword combo if it gets to heated.. Make friends with formidable people and profit by association ..

Scout/Pathfinder rouges ...74% more trustworthy , hire us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by roents
    It's an "open beta" that can't be wiped even in the midst of multiple economy destroying exploits. FUN
  • bloodgambitbloodgambit Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    One of my characters will be Jezseera, a halfling rogue. She'll likely be a former street thief, which is what she grew up as, but has grown into more of an adventurous rogue. She's sneaky, snarky, light-hearted, and good with locks and traps. She's not malicious, and often very nice, even generous to a degree, but not above stealing if she feels it serves her view of the greater good. Not quite Robin Hood, of course, but similar. She can fight fairly well, usually with daggers, and previous incarnations were also Shadowdancers. Oddly enough, she was generally honest, to the point where it could be offensive. But this doesn't mean she doesn't often omit important details.

@Maekada in-game

Formerly MaekadaFolay on the forums.
  • xearrikxearrik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm the type of scum who builds a ballista behind you wile your threatening my friends at our tavern table because I literally stole your pants off of you with an incredible die roll.

If you don't get it, I pity you.

Edit: Oh <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that wasn't the guy whose pants got stolen. That was the mercenary from the castle that was left for dead.
    Da kitties don't speak for me, deez kitties speak fur us all!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'll Keep this up till beta goes live. I'll improve it soon.
    edited December 2012
    xearrik wrote: »
    I'm the type of scum who builds a ballista behind you wile your threatening my friends at our tavern table because I literally stole your pants off of you with an incredible die roll.

If you don't get it, I pity you.

Edit: Oh <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that wasn't the guy whose pants got stolen. That was the mercenary from the castle that was left for dead.

Now begins the killing, followed by a light salad...CHARGE!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tiima1tiima1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    My favorite rogue is from the series of books by Joe Abercrombie - the rogue in question is named Nicomo Cosca. He's a 'famed soldier of fortune' who does his level best not to fight, but to screw all sides out of as much money as possible. For instance, he'll ask one side of an army how much they'll pay him and his men NOT to fight for the other side, and then make the same offer to the other side, and then take money from both of them and watch the fight from a hill somewhere (probably while getting drunk). He spends his time either fabulously rich and spending money as fast as possible, or as a poor drunk waiting for the next big ticket. From a role-playing perspective, he's gold.
    [SIGPIC]Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.[/SIGPIC]
    Confident, cocky, lazy, dead.
  • volcienvolcien Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    How about a rouge that excells at both one that when used properly u can cause considerable damage to an oppenent if u can get behind them close enough with your daggers and then if the possibity happens when you are detected you have an easy draw back move inorder to fall back and take out your opponent at range
  • tiima1tiima1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    For rouge to cause considerable damage to your opponent, you'd probably have to infiltrate their spa, replace their regular make-up technician with one loyal to your cause, and get them to apply the weaponized rouge at an critical moment.

[Edit] Someone should totally write a quest like that into the game, imo.
    [SIGPIC]Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.[/SIGPIC]
    Confident, cocky, lazy, dead.
  • zeoxzzeoxz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    volcien wrote: »
    How about a rouge that excells at both one that when used properly u can cause considerable damage to an oppenent if u can get behind them close enough with your daggers and then if the possibity happens when you are detected you have an easy draw back move inorder to fall back and take out your opponent at range

a shadowdancer then for u? ^^

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Shadowdancer_(4e_Paragon_Path)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sansarinleesansarinlee Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It seems that Ranged type rogue are the preferred. I agree on their usefulness. It helps when you have amazing acrobatics and a sense of awareness. a stern attitude and a calm and steady poise makes what I feel is the best Rogue.