test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Whom is going to be the new mod ?

pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2012 in General Discussion (PC)
Just wondering whats going on, theres been plenty of time to count all the cheerios so who wins????
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Neverwinter Thieves Guild
Post edited by pilf3r on

Comments

• Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited October 2012
    It's not as simple as counting the Cheerios, so we've been told.
    They have to check for any illegitimate votes which can take a lot of time and effort. I know for sure about 6+ accounts are linked to IP's I have logged in from, all legitimate friends, so goodness knows that's giving them a headache if those accounts voted, regardless of who they voted for.

We should be given the announcement this week, though that could mean anytime between tomorrow and Friday haha.
  • Options
    aeternys123aeternys123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2012
    It's okay guys, I'm here so the choice for a new mod is easy! lol
  • Options
    enygmasoulenygmasoul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Grammar <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> time:
    WHO is going to be the new mod.
    "who" is used for the subject of a sentence, preceding the verb.
    "whom" is used for the object of a sentence, normally after the verb.
    In this case, our verb is "to be."

If you rearranged the sentence a bit, and said "The new mod is going to be whom' exactly, then your word choice would be correct :)

That is, as long as my memory isn't too damned dim and fuzzy. Been years.

Not really taking shots at ya, man, but I figure nobody uses the word "whom" unless they're TRYING for correct grammar, so hopefully the info is helpful.
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with senses, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use "
    -- Galileo Galilei
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I think considering everything it's going to be a tough call for cryptic.....they may just discount the poll and choose for themselves, if it goes that way I can't really say I blame them, though I know some on this forum will raise all kinds of hell about it.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    enygmasoul wrote: »
    If you rearranged the sentence a bit, and said "The new mod is going to be whom' exactly, then your word choice would be correct :)

I usually go with the feeling in guts about grammer, rather than remember the rules. It always turns out fine. My guts are also puzzled (yes they get that) by whom, and in general agree with you. Also my guts suggest that "The new mod is going to be who?" should also be correct though.
    Aww... too much thinking has disturbed my guts, I need to clear them out...
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I think considering everything it's going to be a tough call for cryptic.....they may just discount the poll and choose for themselves, if it goes that way I can't really say I blame them, though I know some on this forum will raise all kinds of hell about it.

Pff, then what was the point of the whole poll masquerade? Seriously, if you choose a selection method, you gotta stick to it. I hope they do. I also don't quite see the point of manipulating poll results, they are what they are. I'd be rather disappointed if the person I voted for didn't get the position because they allegedly found some "illegitimate votes" in the mix (which we have absolutely no way to check).

So yeah, you want the community to decide, let community decide. Not say "whoops we thought yall would vote for someone else so here's how we manipulate these results". How's this for raising hell? b:angry
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    If all else fails, demand I be forced into office :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jadescimitarjadescimitar Member Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited October 2012

I second that motion!
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
    This city promises death for the meek, glory for the bold, danger for all, and riches for Jade!
    Elven Trickster Rogue: Two-bladed elf, tons of stabby stabby and that sort of thing...
    | R. A. Salvatore | My Minions | Forgotten Realms Wiki | Elven Translator |
  • Options
    vangaldvangald Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 325 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2012
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    vangald wrote: »

Is that a beholder pet?
  • Options
    viledeeds77#8676 viledeeds77 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I second that motion!

I third that motion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    ausdoerrt wrote: »
    Pff, then what was the point of the whole poll masquerade? Seriously, if you choose a selection method, you gotta stick to it. I hope they do. I also don't quite see the point of manipulating poll results, they are what they are. I'd be rather disappointed if the person I voted for didn't get the position because they allegedly found some "illegitimate votes" in the mix (which we have absolutely no way to check).

So yeah, you want the community to decide, let community decide. Not say "whoops we thought yall would vote for someone else so here's how we manipulate these results". How's this for raising hell? b:angry

It's not really a Masquerade if they trusted the community to do the one person one vote thing and it didn't go that way, especially considering just how few votes there were.

No matter what happens I think there will always be questions about the legitimacy of the whole thing, and when this all started that was one of the concerns I had, I said volunteer mod positions are usually fought with drama and scandal I should know I served as a EQ guide for two years and even though it eventually helped to actually work in the industry it also showed me a very unpleasant side of the coin.

Anyway it's not like what I'm saying here is going to have any bearing one way or the other but playing Outhouse Clairvoyant I will predict that there will be much more mod drama in the future, that's why I really wanted cryptic to just put a couple of their people on it.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Is that a beholder pet?

No it is the latest in Anti Medusa technology b:chuckle
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    No matter what happens I think there will always be questions about the legitimacy of the whole thing, and when this all started that was one of the concerns I had, I said volunteer mod positions are usually fought with drama and scandal I should know I served as a EQ guide for two years and even though it eventually helped to actually work in the industry it also showed me a very unpleasant side of the coin.

Anyway it's not like what I'm saying here is going to have any bearing one way or the other but playing Outhouse Clairvoyant I will predict that there will be much more mod drama in the future, that's why I really wanted cryptic to just put a couple of their people on it.

Wow. I don't think there's going to be drama at all. In fact I predict that whoever Stormshade selects will be welcomed by the large majority of the forum community. You may still have questions, but I'd politely ask you to keep that between yourself and Stormshade via PMs.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Wow. I don't think there's going to be drama at all. In fact I predict that whoever Stormshade selects will be welcomed by the large majority of the forum community. You may still have questions, but I'd politely ask you to keep that between yourself and Stormshade via PMs.

My concerns have been pretty much stated and I'll leave them at that, but as I said before I'm not the only one with concerns despite what you might think and that is what most people are doing Aandre expressing their concerns privately, but not because you said so.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    My concerns have been pretty much stated and I'll leave them at that, but as I said before I'm not the only one with concerns despite what you might think and that is what most people are doing Aandre expressing their concerns privately, but not because you said so.

Well, I've spoken with many privately, and they speak a much more positive tone. No one I've spoken to speaks of drama and/or scandal. Let's see what Stormshade has to say.

No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Well, I've spoken with many privately, and they speak a much more positive tone. No one I've spoken to speaks of drama and/or scandal. Let's see what Stormshade has to say.

I've spoken to folks from both camps some believe that there is some don't...it's interesting that everyone you spoken to is a 100% in agreement, but yeah we are all waiting on what Stormshade decides.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    WHO is going to be the new mod.
    "who" is used for the subject of a sentence, preceding the verb.
    "whom" is used for the object of a sentence, normally after the verb.
    In this case, our verb is "to be."

That is, as long as my memory isn't too damned dim and fuzzy. Been years.

Not really taking shots at ya, man, but I figure nobody uses the word "whom" unless they're TRYING for correct grammar, so hopefully the info is helpful.

Feel better now? I have my own language and like it as it is ty :P

Btw i also like to use the words, alot, thou art and doth just to name a few and im sure it annoys all u grammar <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> seeing as it annoys my wife the school teacher!

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.ca/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    pilf3r wrote: »
    Feel better now? I have my own language and like it as it is ty :P

Btw i also like to use the words, alot, thou art and doth just to name a few and im sure it annoys all u grammar <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> seeing as it annoys my wife the school teacher!

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.ca/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html

I loved that post and link alot! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2012

If Truth had been on the ballot, I actually would have voted.
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with senses, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use "
    -- Galileo Galilei
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Not going there, the three were chosen the way they were and all three won after all!

It's a win in my book, but they have to be asked and accept of course.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Not going there, the three were chosen the way they were and all three won after all!

You the People's Champ brother. /respect

• Options
    edited October 2012

Oh, I'm not trying to advocate they make you a mod or anything. I'm totally fine with the results of the poll. In fact, I would have been fine with ANY results from the poll. My entire philosophy about this election was simply that I wanted it over and done with as quickly as possible, with as little intrusion on my sphere of consciousness as possible.

I'm just paying you a compliment by saying that your involvement is one of the very few things that could have overcome my immense apathy towards the entire process :)
    -- Galileo Galilei
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Welp grats again to all 3 !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Oh, I'm not trying to advocate they make you a mod or anything. I'm totally fine with the results of the poll. In fact, I would have been fine with ANY results from the poll. My entire philosophy about this election was simply that I wanted it over and done with as quickly as possible, with as little intrusion on my sphere of consciousness as possible.

I'm just paying you a compliment by saying that your involvement is one of the very few things that could have overcome my immense apathy towards the entire process :)

Thank you. Next round should I get the opportunity.

ANd again, grats to the three again!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yeah, this is why I voted for the person from the other community.