test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What type of skum are you?

higherfasternowhigherfasternow Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2013 in The Thieves' Den
personally i enjoy the play style of an ranged rogue, hide in the shadows snipe, repeat. this is especially fun when combined with bard. i really hope that we are able to play a sneak attacking ranged class. DPS anyone? hehehe

anyway what is your rogue play style?
Post edited by higherfasternow on

Comments

• hibyyhibyy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well I may sound predictable but I enjoy a rogue that can remove nasty traps open locks and gather lots, and lots of gold. Plus running up behind an enemy with daggers helps too.
  • vashthedrunkvashthedrunk Member Posts: 45
    edited July 2012
    Nah, I don't really want to sneak, but I do want to stay ranged. I want them to see me behind a wall of tanks and I'm nailing them hard. :D I want to shoot a lot of arrows as fast as possible and from as far of a distance as possible and as hard as possible.
  • perdidurperdidur Member Posts: 67
    edited July 2012
    I prefer a sneaky ranged rogue but not so much the actual thieving side of the class. That is why I almost always go with a Ranger type of character in all mmos.
  • denizloldenizlol Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I prefer duel wielding daggers and back stabbing people.
  • jenny867jenny867 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 75
    edited August 2012
    I like to poke them from behind when they are distracted and steal all the loots of course! b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aavariusaavarius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Pond scum.

I think my favorite rogue I've ever played was essentially a Fremen knife-fighter, a la Dune. He lived in the desert, threw sand in peoples' eyes, and multiclassed into cleric jihadist. Whatever archetype you want to call that is what I am. It was a lot of fun.
  • trollololloltrollolollol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2012
    Greedy, cunning and ruthless.
  • christopher76christopher76 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    ill let my partner the bard,distract you with the tale of my reputable character. while i kindly releave you of your purse. of course if her song doesn't prove distracting enough ill gladly sink my daggers into your kidneys,before handing over the spoils to my partner. suprisingly she insists upon that last part,doesn't seem to trust me to keep it safe myself. fair of face and voice she may be,but definatly has some unfounded trust issues.
  • vyrennvyrenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    denizlol wrote: »
    I prefer duel wielding daggers and back stabbing people.

i like your style b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    While I not am more a recent convert to the ninja build of the assassin class, as rogues go, I'm a fan of the shadowy not seen even as that blade or bolt/arrow slices through you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    While I not am more a recent convert to the ninja build of the assassin class, as rogues go, I'm a fan of the shadowy not seen even as that blade or bolt/arrow slices through you.

huh? A mage-ish person going for ninja? What a great idea! It sounds like "unseen mage". I will put it next after the AA tomorrow in discussions of paragons.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    gillrmn wrote: »
    huh? A mage-ish person going for ninja? What a great idea! It sounds like "unseen mage". I will put it next after the AA tomorrow in discussions of paragons.

SWEEEET! (A la Eric Cartman in South Park)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thunderspankerthunderspanker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 713 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2012
    swagger mostly, stealth when necessary, 12 pack of mountain dew and cheetos. and now that im much older.. we can add beer to that list. lol.. so a swaggering stealthy hyperactive tavern dweller.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Himmelville - Are you easily frightened?
    Click Here

On one side of the mountain, there were bones...
  • remedialhappymanremedialhappyman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I really hope there is a way to rock the Bard, if not I will probably play a cleric or a wizard.
  • vangaldvangald Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 325 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2012
    Black market merchant of sorts. Not sure how I would build such a character though.
  • surf13surf13 Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I pretty much have two equal favourites.

Artful Dodger with Daggermaster

or

Brutal Scoundrel with Shadow Assassin
  • aeroth001aeroth001 Member Posts: 420 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2012
    Ninja !!! (rogue/kensai) ahhhh the old days
    edited September 2012
    Oh, and since it's rogue class after releasing it in 4th ed, a shout out to the Swashbuckler style with a rapier of course!:
    AERIALIST ROGUE

All rogues are known for their agility and daring, but you take both to the next level. Ducking under a giant?s club isn?t enough; you leap over it and cartwheel to safety. You?re a masterful mover and an expert top-story burglar, using your abilities to tumble into the fray, into high openings, and out of all sorts of tight spots. Dexterity is your primary ability score, because you rely on it for your attacks and acrobatic stunts. Charisma is secondary for you, useful in avoiding opportunity attacks if you employ the Artful Dodger tactic. Strength serves you well as a tertiary ability, helping your Athletics checks in particular.
    Suggested Feat: Defensive Mobility (Human feat: Sure Climber)
    Suggested Skills: Acrobatics, Athletics, Bluff, Perception, Stealth, Thievery
    Suggested At-Will Powers: deft strike, riposte strike
    Suggested Encounter Power: fox?s gambit
    Suggested Daily Power: handspring assault

Artful Dodger
    You gain a bonus to AC against opportunity attacks. The bonus equals your Charisma modifier.

Rakish Swashbuckler

"With a face like that, it?s no wonder your mother loves me best!"
    Prerequisite: Rogue

Life is too short to take seriously. Danger lurks in every shadow, and an enemy waits behind every door. Those who spend every waking moment thinking about all the bad things that could happen never leave the house.
    Instead of wringing your hands, you throw away all your worries and take a devil-may-care attitude. Sure, some say you will end up raking the coals of the Nine Hells because of your decadent living. In the end, though, who?s the happier: you and your adventurous, libertine ways or the hidebound drudge shuddering under his covers?
    On one hand, you?re a charmer. Others find your infectious wit and bravado winsome. But you?re also irreverent, irresponsible, and reckless. What?s worst is that sometimes you have the hardest time keeping your mouth shut. Whether cracking a joke in the middle of a solemn funeral or shouting a barrage of insults at a demon, you can?t help but stir up trouble. Deep down, you know life might be easier if you straightened up, but where?s the fun in that?
    When you face a serious challenge, your skill with weapons comes to the fore. Your tongue and your body language become secondary instruments of derision. You seed your exploits with cutting insults and disdain, goading your enemies into overextending or making other mistakes. When an enemy gives you an opening, you press the advantage. In the end, you stand triumphantly over a fallen foe, showing once again who the greater fool is.

RAKISH SWASHBUCKLER PATH FEATURES

Incorrigible Action (11th level): Whenever you spend an action point to take an extra action, enemies take a -2 penalty to attack rolls against you until the start of your next turn.
    Vexing Foe (11th level): Enemies marked by anyone other than you take a -2 penalty to attack rolls against you (this is in addition to the penalty from being marked). Enemies marked by you grant combat advantage to your allies.
    Dastardly Opportunist (16th level): Whenever an ally scores a critical hit against an enemy adjacent to you, you can make a melee basic attack against that enemy as an immediate reaction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sobleaksobleak Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    personally i enjoy the play style of an ranged rogue, hide in the shadows snipe, repeat. this is especially fun when combined with bard. i really hope that we are able to play a sneak attacking ranged class. DPS anyone? hehehe

anyway what is your rogue play style?

I agree completely. I made a Rogue/Assassin that used a heavy repeating crossbow rain of death.
  • djblood2djblood2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    well i hope there will be dou classes, i want assassin\shadow dancer. It do lots of damage!))
  • jadescimitarjadescimitar Member Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Rebel Scum! Oops wrong game! Basic rob from the rich and keep it for myself kind of thief... b:victory
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
    This city promises death for the meek, glory for the bold, danger for all, and riches for Jade!
    Elven Trickster Rogue: Two-bladed elf, tons of stabby stabby and that sort of thing...
    | R. A. Salvatore | My Minions | Forgotten Realms Wiki | Elven Translator |
  • yoyoyooyoyooyoyooofohthofdooooyoyoyooyoyooyoyooofohthofdoooo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    i wanna be stealth-ed i wanna be famous i wanna steal from my neighbors in game and then make them pay for what i stole to get it back that is how you make profit like a Skum whatever that is
    edited September 2012
    Rebel Scum! Oops wrong game! Basic rob from the rich and keep it for myself kind of thief... b:victory

These are not the Rogues you are looking for! Move along!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yoyoyooyoyooyoyooofohthofdooooyoyoyooyoyooyoyooofohthofdoooo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Oh gosh rogues oh rogues dont usually have stealth do they thats assassin's i guess I'll just rephrase mien ok *cough* *cough* *clears throat* ok I'm ready a cutthroat rogue! who goes on the road robbing innocent villages who come by! and slicing up monsters! and people who get in my way!!!

hmmm maybe thats a little better
  • smallville77smallville77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Too funny!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    Rogues are rogues, unless somebody is looking for rouge:-
    Rouge; also called blush or blusher (UK), is a cosmetic typically used by women to redden the cheeks so as to provide a more youthful appearance, and to emphasize the cheekbones.

Happened to me a lot of times when on DDO people were LFM for rouge...
    edited September 2012
    Rogues are rogues, unless somebody is looking for rouge:-

Happened to me a lot of times when on DDO people were LFM for rouge...

The prettiest scoundrels you'll ever be robbed from!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2012
    o-o wait there are already people playing neverwinter o-o ? ? ? if so whaaa i never got informed :x
    edited September 2012
    o-o wait there are already people playing neverwinter o-o ? ? ? if so whaaa i never got informed :x

Nobody is. The closed beta announcment will be a big event and everybody will know. The dates haven't been announced yet.
    edited September 2012
    Nobody is. The closed beta announcment will be a big event and everybody will know. The dates haven't been announced yet.

:x oh i see haha yeah it will be a big event but D: heres a noob question :x where do i find or get a in a line for a beta key ? :x and hey gillrmn how are ya