test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

POLL: Release Date.

bunnyfockerbunnyfocker Member Posts: 35
edited July 2012 in General Discussion (PC)
Your best estimate on the release date of the game. This does not mean the closed/open beta but rather the actual date the game will go live.

A.) 1st week of November 2012
B.) 2nd week of November 2012
C.) 3rd week of November 2012
D.) 4th week of November 2012
E.)1st week of December 2012
F.) 2nd week of December 2012
G.) 3rd week of December 2012
H.)4th week of December 2012 (Christmas Day)
I.) 1st week of January 2013
J.) 2nd week of January 2013
K.) 3rd week of January 2013
L.) 4th week of January 2013
M.) Sometime during spring of 2013.

Type the letter you think it'll release, I'll keep a record.
Post edited by bunnyfocker on

Comments

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2012
    K.) 3rd week of January 2013
  • higherfasternowhigherfasternow Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    E.)1st week of December 2012

Stiff competition with the Xmas releases.
  • aavariusaavarius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'd say it's a toss up between D and E based entirely on my gut feelings and no data whatsoever.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if the date officially becomes "when it's done" because the team isn't under pressure to hit a certain deadline. I think that would be really good for the game, but I can only speculate if that's even feasible.
  • bunnyfockerbunnyfocker Member Posts: 35
    edited July 2012
    Clearly you do not understand how programmers work. If you don't give them a definite deadline, it'll be done when the Aliens from Alpha Centauri invade and destroy our major cities, so, like in the year 2141.
  • aavariusaavarius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Verily, but there are other people working on the game besides programmers. I think when you mash all that together it'll even out.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2012
    Clearly you do not understand how programmers work. If you don't give them a definite deadline, it'll be done when the Aliens from Alpha Centauri invade and destroy our major cities, so, like in the year 2141.

*draws a large circle and casts protection from evil within to keep the demon Atari from being lured by its name*

Sure, they do have some soft-deadline - it would be folly to assume otherwise and worse to not have some. I do not think anyone here assumes that. What is known though is that now that Atari is no longer a part of the picture, Perfect World Entertainment has graced Cryptic with a ton of time and resources that Atari wasn't providing. Atari even wanted Cryptic to make this a non-MMO but PWE, after acquiring Cryptic, is now allowing Cryptic to make the Neverwinter MMO that they wanted to.

So yes, I am sure they do have some sort of deadlines. I am also sure however that such deadlines are quite flexible, especially with Wizards of the Coast being such a major face in the development of NWO. I do not believe WotC would want another rushed flop of a D&D product *cough*Daggerdale*cough* akin to what Atari was producing for them.

Also, keep in mind a good number of us more active posters here have been following the development of NWO for a while now or even since the beginning, then some of us have been even before it was public knowledge.
  • tuukkasalonentuukkasalonen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'd say G, slightly before Christmas Day.
    I am inactive and I know it