test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Beta Release Schedule

rendalynrendalyn Member Posts: 42 Arc User
edited July 2012 in General Discussion (PC)
In the E3 recap video, Andy said to check out the website for the beta release schedule.....Did anyone find that?
Post edited by rendalyn on

Comments

• Options
    eshnickeshnick Member Posts: 54
    edited July 2012
    There is no released schedule yet, afaik.
  • Options
    devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2012
    Willing to be you that Beta won't start till after the Foundry is unveiled in Aug, so plan on late Aug if that but most likely around Sept for Beta.
  • Options
    stormshadestormshade Member, Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Andy called the beta release schedule, "upcoming", which was his way of saying we'll be posting one soon. Hang tight gang!

Thanks,

Stormshade
  • Options
    ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2012
    stormshade wrote: »
    Andy called the beta release schedule, "upcoming", which was his way of saying we'll be posting one soon. Hang tight gang!

Thanks,

Stormshade

any tighter and ill strangle myself.b:laugh
  • Options
    stormshadestormshade Member, Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ryvvik wrote: »
    any tighter and ill strangle myself.b:laugh

Stop holding on to your neck. Try holding on to something that can take the punishment.

Like a cute little dragon shaped stress ball...

Cheers!

Stormshade
  • Options
    ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2012
    Stop holding on to your neck. Try holding on to something that can take the punishment.

Cheers!

Stormshade

so is this one of the merch items coming up, i want a dragon beanie to buy its cold here in Oz SS, maybe i can buy the Sball as well and a tshirt like in the e3 andy wrapup.
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ... soon...

No! Not that word! Nooooo!
    *and the voice fades into dark like a horrific scream with Doppler effect*
  • Options
    qumi0qumi0 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    soon

O.E. sona "at once, immediately," from W.Gmc. *s?no (cf. O.Fris. son, O.S. sana, O.H.G. san, Goth. suns "soon"). Sense shifted early M.E. to "within a short time" through human nature (cf. anon). Amer.Eng. Sooner for "Oklahoma native" is 1930, from the fact that in 1889 many settlers of the territory sneaked onto public land and staked their claims "sooner" than the legal date and time.

I prefer the original meaning ;-)
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,370 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Cheers!

Stormshade

Ah the most missed of the STO forums is the Stormshade humor... its not so funny without you on those forums rofl :D
  • Options
    aavariusaavarius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    How many Zen Points will a Dragon Stress Ball cost, I want one.

I read that as "Dragon Ball" the first time, so naturally I wanted to answer, "It's over 9000!" That's $90 in Zen.

I'm a terrible person.
  • Options
    noelynotnoelynot Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    What do we have to do in order to get a beta key? I know that we are all in a pool, but what will get us picked to be beta testers?

p.s. a dragon stress ball doesn't sound like a bad idea. b:victory
    What am I supposed to do with all this gold?
  • Options
    vindiconvindicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    noelynot wrote: »
    What do we have to do in order to get a beta key? I know that we are all in a pool, but what will get us picked to be beta testers?

p.s. a dragon stress ball doesn't sound like a bad idea. b:victory

You could go personally to the CEO of the company and offer to wash his dishes, mop his floors and walk his dog until the CB launch, in exchange for a beta key. That should do the trick. In case that fails, keep a gun with you - it will be useful if you plan on demanding a beta key as ransom.

Alternatively, keep an eye on the forums for when they announce which of their partner sites will be giving out keys. If possible, try to have gear with +dexterity on, and keep a freedom of movement scroll nearby, because if and when they do give the announcement you gotta run like the wind and strike like a ninja. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vashthedrunkvashthedrunk Member Posts: 45
    edited July 2012
    vindicon wrote: »
    You could go personally to the CEO of the company and offer to wash his dishes, mop his floors and walk his dog until the CB launch, in exchange for a beta key. That should do the trick. In case that fails, keep a gun with you - it will be useful if you plan on demanding a beta key as ransom.

Alternatively, keep an eye on the forums for when they announce which of their partner sites will be giving out keys. If possible, try to have gear with +dexterity on, and keep a freedom of movement scroll nearby, because if and when they do give the announcement you gotta run like the wind and strike like a ninja. b:laugh

Could of just preordered torchlight 2, it's cheaper than all of the above...
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    aavarius wrote: »
    I read that as "Dragon Ball" the first time, so naturally I wanted to answer, "It's over 9000!" That's $90 in Zen.

I'm a terrible person.

Yes yes you are a terrible person....

....but so are the rest of us 'cause at teh mo we all appear to be dragons :/
  • Options
    valkhadvalkhad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Stormshade you guys have a pretty rabid fanbase out here. Any chance of seeing a benchmark program, if nothing else so we can drool over some visuals?
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    aavarius wrote: »

I'm a terrible person.

Just got me thinking, when(if) monks finally come, will they get some beam attack? I hope they do. I will go practice.
  • Options
    endingdawnendingdawn Member Posts: 61
    edited July 2012

Cheers!

Stormshade

I'll take one with white scales! (Anyone who actually knows the dragon im refering to gets bonus points)
  • Options
    valas625valas625 Member Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2012
    So I have a question that I can't seem to find the answer to, but I KNOW it's here. Was like a month ago or less even. WHERE do I buy torchlight II to get the beta key? Is there a specific place? Or am I too late? I JUST got the money and wanted to buy it tomorrow, online or at Gamestop. Makes no difference to me. If anyone could PLEASE answer me, I'd love you forever. :=D
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2012
    valas625 wrote: »
    So I have a question that I can't seem to find the answer to, but I KNOW it's here. Was like a month ago or less even. WHERE do I buy torchlight II to get the beta key? Is there a specific place? Or am I too late? I JUST got the money and wanted to buy it tomorrow, online or at Gamestop. Makes no difference to me. If anyone could PLEASE answer me, I'd love you forever. :=D

Here you go! You should see the information about the beta key after you get past the payment process part of pre-ordering.

Keep in mind, you won't get your beta key until the beta starts and/or your beta access has been selected. Not all players who get beta access will get access to the beta at the same time. They will be phasing in all the beta participants.

As well, the T2 promotion should last until you can no longer Pre-Order it (which most likely means up until T2 is released).

Also, the Steam pre-order does not grant beta access. Steams' promotion grants a free copy of Torchlight I. If you want access to the beta through the Torchlight II Pre-Oder, you must pre-order it through Perfect World Entertainment Directly.
  • Options
    valas625valas625 Member Posts: 195 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2012
    Thanks for that Zeb. Was totally worried I'd lost out on that already. As promised, I'll begin to love you forever now. :-D I missed that pre-order part, thought it was up until NWN released. Now to go buy the NW/D&D collections till it releases. Too bad the games over 130 years later than alot of the books. But oh well. Thanks SO much for that Zeb. You're freakin awesome.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2012
    valas625 wrote: »
    Thanks for that Zeb. Was totally worried I'd lost out on that already. As promised, I'll begin to love you forever now. :-D I missed that pre-order part, thought it was up until NWN released. Now to go buy the NW/D&D collections till it releases. Too bad the games over 130 years later than alot of the books. But oh well. Thanks SO much for that Zeb. You're freakin awesome.

*The Archmage Zebular blushes for the first time in over a hundred years then quickly regains his stoic composure.*

It is my pleasure, indeed!

I just posted about lore and source information in another thread, here. I also whipped up some details in a post, here. You should check them out, indeed! There is quite a bit of current lore and source material available!

If you have any questions on the history and lore of the Forgotten Realms, please feel free to ask. My knowledge as access of the 2nd Edition Source Materials is quite vast, not to be egotistical or vain. I am still catching up on the 4th Edition changes and additions however, since I still do not plan on updating my Campaign to the current timeline any time soon. The only reason I have been catching up is strictly because of Neverwinter Online.
  • Options
    endingdawnendingdawn Member Posts: 61
    edited July 2012
    I have a question. Will we be able to meet Drizzt and Dahlia in Neverwinter? that would be sweet.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    endingdawn wrote: »
    I have a question. Will we be able to meet Drizzt and Dahlia in Neverwinter? that would be sweet.

yes, probably.
    Answer is here:
    Link to Salvatore thread