test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Poll #5 - 2012 Forum Apocalypse and Beyond.

aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,367 Arc User
edited May 2012 in General Discussion (PC)
2012 PWE/Cryptic Forum merge and beyond...

This fifth poll continues to focus on the hottest topics that have arisen on the forums over the past few weeks.

There is no date range for the polls, so if you havent had a chance to do earlier polls, please feel free to go back and register your vote!

1. Since the PWE/Cryptic forum merge, there's been a dearth of recognizable forumites from the original Neverwinter forum posting. I'd put the number of those who transferred to the PWE model somewhere in the 5-10% mark. Do you agree? In three sentences or less, what do you feel can be done about it?

2. Have you played another PWE or Cryptic game in the past or currently? Which games? How would you rate the forum community for each game?

3. Have you taken advantage of the Torchlight II pre-order with guaranteed Neverwinter Closed Beta access?

4. The next media blitz for the game will be early June in time for E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo is an annual convention where the hottest video games of the year are shown.) Name the most important Neverwinter topics you'd like to hear about from Cryptic devs/suits.

5. Are you going to E3? If so which other booths are you excited to check out?

6. Are you currently frustrated with the lack of information being released about the game? Yes or No? Should Neverwinter have its own community relations/forum moderation representative or team? In 4 sentences or less, what information or method of communication would interest you as a forum user, so that you'd visit this site more frequently?

7. What decade were you born... 1940s? 50s? 60s 70s 60s 90s 00s? What MMOs have you played before? RPGs? Other genres? Name some of those you loved, and some of those you hated...

8. Neverwinter Closed Beta. Will you have access when it opens? If you do not have a beta key yet, do you want in? Will you pay real money for access?

9. Random traps: Traps in dungeons are awesome. They give a sense of danger and a purpose for the Rogues. In adition to random, they should be powerful enough and in good number so that it successfully cuts down on the mindless zergfest that has become of games like DDO. Do you agree? Also, would you support randomly generated traps placement in Foundry content? How about designing the trap itself, difficulty in finding and the damage of the trap if its blown? In 4 sentences or less, describe how trap implementation can make Neverwinter more fun for you...

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
Post edited by aandrethegiant on

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Here's your cut and paste ballot:

2012 Forum Apocalypse and Beyond.

No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    higherfasternowhigherfasternow Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    2012 Forum Apocalypse and Beyond.

1. N/A

2. Played Perfect World, was fun for a bit, didn't get to heavy into it though.

3. No, I honestly can't justify spending 20$ on a game I don't want in order to get a Beta key for a game I do want.

4. Character customization, character classes and of course The Foundry. Spill it!!!

5. I wish, but no :(

6. Yes. This is frustrating not knowing to much about the game. There should be a plethora of knowledge at this point in development. Am I upset? NO. Am I losing interest? YES. Information creates the buzz around new games.

7. 80's. I've played several FTP MMO's including PW. Most I never make it past level 10 because the gameplay is boring. Best FTP I enjoyed was actually FLYFF. Dungeons & Dragons Online was disappointing. A I O N was <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. WoW I made it to level 65 before calling it quits. The Grind ruins it, especially when all you do are FedEx quests.

8. Do I have access? NO. Do I want access? HELL YES PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. Will I pay for it? NOPE.

9. Random traps are a must. That makes each dungeon a hell of a challenge. Randomized dungeons would also be good. I like the thought of creating my own traps, seems deadly and a hell of a lot of fun. Traps should always be a surprise, if not something that makes you scared when heading into any unknown dungeon.

10. I'm not from the states, but any day that looks on and remembers the people that any country has lost is one to be treated with respect. Be then soldiers or civilians, remembering those we've lose keeps us thinking how lucky we are to be in this world. Never forget that without pain you cannot know true pleasure.
  • Options
    valkhadvalkhad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    1. Agree, and unless there is moderator intervention or some sort of attention paid to the forums, the numbers are just going to keep going down.

2. No.

3. No.

4. Open-world dungeons, solid list of races / classes, more explanation of the abilities (eg if all classes have the same dailies), exploration mechanics, player-to-player mechanics (eg pickpocketing)

5. No, but I'd kill for a pass.

6. Extremely. We need administrative or moderator attention paid to this board. We're starting to attract adbots -- we've got bickering and personal in-fighting, repeat threads, etc. If PWE isn't going to improve the look of the forum, at least get a janitor in here to sweep the **** up. Hell, if a mod sees this, consider me a volunteer for the job.

7. 1985. I have played (MMOs, including betas) -- EQ, Dark Age of Camelot, WoW, RF Online, LotRO, Rift, Ragnarok Online, Granado Espada, TERA, PlanetSide, Vindi.c.tus, DDO, FFXI, Lineage 2, Maple Story, Vindictus, DFO, and Glitch. I have a thing for RPGs and Survival/Horror titles, and as genres blend more and more, I have come to enjoy FPS/TPS type games (Mass Effect, etc). My favorite games are Vagrant Story and Final Fantasy Tactics (both for the PS1), Secret of Mana (SNES), and Resident Evil 4 (PS2). I haven't played a PS3 game yet that truly stands out to me. I despise movies made of games and vice-versa (Game of Thrones: The Game being the most recent offense.)

8. I damn well better! I've been on the forums since early last year! If it comes down to it, I will pay real money for access -- but I'd strongly prefer to be invited based on my conversational merits. Lol.

9. I want traps to be reminiscent of the ones in DDO. Traps there were dangerous, and could wipe a party if triggered at the wrong time (at least in the first few dungeons.) I'd rather see random(ish) placement; for example -- A particularly long corridor, upon loading, will have 1d6 traps, placed at various intervals. The "triggers" should be in different spots (eg floor, wall, tripwire) for single-use traps, while reloading traps would have a concealed "gearbox." DCs would be static based on average party level, and (hopefully) natural 1's can occur for the perception check to spot the trap at all, let alone disarm it. After all, even master trapsmiths make mistakes ;)

10. Memorial Day doesn't mean much to me, other than thanking anyone I see coming in to my work (I serve tables) for their service to the country.
  • Options
    shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    1. Apocalypse?

2. In the (distant) past: City of Heroes (after Cryptic's departure), and Champions Online. Forum communities? No idea about CoX's. CO's seemed normal.

3. I preordered Torchlight II because of that game, not Neverwinter. Enjoying the "stressing test" beta weekend A LOT.

4. Everything! XD Something more solid about races/classes and Foundry meaty details. Hoping for information about the Cash Shop is foolish.

5. No.

6. Yes, but it's the same story with developers that depend on publishers. For the rest of the question: fansites.

7. 70s. CoX, CO, WoW, Lineage II, Runes of Magic... hmmm tried others like Rift, DDO (meh) or DCUO.

8. I don't know if I'll get access when it opens but I'd bet for "No". I'd not pay for a beta key (but it's a fact that other people does). Even less for a beta key of a F2P game.

9. I do agree and would support randoly generated traps. About design, nothing to comment right now.

10. It means nothing and has nothing to do with Neverwinter (in Neverwinter Discussion forum section).
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    1. Apocalypse? You are being over the top (again) please try to limit the amount of e drama god knows we have enough of that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on other forums.

2. City of Heroes City Of Villains, STO CO all had really decent communities.

3. I preordered Torchlight II because of that game, not Neverwinter.

4. Any new information would be great, I think I have a good idea what the Cash shop will be about already.

5. No.

6. Yes, but there isn't much to be done about it and it's the same story with every developer.

7. What the hell does the decade I was born in have anything to do with Neverwinter? I have played and beta tested many MMO's from UO to SWTOR again has nothing to do with this MMO.

8. I have a beta key and looking forward to the start.

9. I do agree and would support randomly generated traps. Design isn't my Forte

10. This doesn't have a damned thing to do with Neverwinter please go flag wave elsewhere
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Apocalypse? You are being over the top (again)

I thought it was a good way to describe the current state of the community here. When you lose the large majority of posters overnight, after appx a year of dedication, I thought the word apocalypse was rather spot on, albeit colorful.
    7. What the hell does the decade I was born in have anything to do with Neverwinter? I have played and beta tested many MMO's from UO to SWTOR again has nothing to do with this MMO.

Trying to establish demographics. That could possibly be golden info for the devs, along with others who like looking at the big picture, or who might just like to shoot the breeze with/get to know fellow forumites. If you, or anybody else is as offended by a question, simply don't answer it. Simple as that.

• Options
    valkhadvalkhad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Trying to establish demographics. That could possibly be golden info for the devs, along with others who like looking at the big picture, or who might just like to shoot the breeze with/get to know fellow forumites. If you, or anybody else is as offended by a question, simply don't answer it. Simple as that.[/QUOTE]

I like this. I think that the devs should have a (albeit rather small, right now) sampling of the audience that is most interested in the game.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I thought it was a good way to describe the current state of the community here. When you lose the large majority of posters overnight, after appx a year of dedication, I thought the word apocalypse was rather spot on, albeit colorful.

I don't believe we lost a large majority of posters, I'm still here though I was storm_dragon before the changeover and PWE doesn't allow the _ on their forums, Foxbat is now Foxybat and so on. Point being the names may have changed a bit, but the people are still here.

That's hardly an Apocalypse; an Apocalypse is when the forums burn your PC to the ground.

I just feel that statements like this is just fostering drama, lets not be that community.

Trying to establish demographics. That could possibly be golden info for the devs, along with others who like looking at the big picture, or who might just like to shoot the breeze with/get to know fellow forumites. If you, or anybody else is as offended by a question, simply don't answer it. Simple as that.

Actually PWE dose a few things to gather those metrics already so that is basically handled...a better way to have framed it would have asked what edition of D&D did we start off with or what was our first D&D video game (mine was the gold box series) that would probably get you more answers.

just sayin.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    aralixaralix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 45
    edited May 2012
    1. Wasn't part of the forum before then so can't say, get rid of the bears they suck, or make better designs for them

2. Yes, havn't spent much time on the forums

3. No, I won't buy one game to get a different one

4. Foundry, combat mechanics/class skills, what classes are available during beta/at launch

5. No.

6. Sort of, I understand that you have a business plan and are following that.
    Are you saying you DON'T have people responsible for dealing with the forums???!?!?!
    Hotfix needed!!!!

I'll accept information videos, text posts, small demos, and anything else you can think of. The beta release will get the forum going, as will new videos/more info

7. 1989, played ffxi for like 6 years then started DDO, tried a few others such as PWI but havn't been entirely impressed

8. I do not have access, yes i want access, and if you sell keys I will be pissed(F2P but your making us pay before its even released?)

9. Traps are essential, however completely random traps forcing me to group only when there is a rogue, while also destroying any chance of solo'ing? pass - proper design will encourage rogues to group and groups to invite them(like bonus xp for disableing traps)

10. N.A.
    The truth will EAT you!
    328894f9-2005-4d27-a221-67ec37aa20f9_zpse7d8f150.jpg
  • Options
    torskaldrtorskaldr Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Apocalypse? What a ludicrous thread. Really, there are many more people interested in the game than are posting here at this point. Check some of the MMO fansites. There are articles and discussions that have been going on for a while. Somehow I doubt the ruffled feathers of a few needy community members will cause a forum apocalypse. b:chuckle
  • Options
    mzeeusikumzeeusiku Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 38
    edited May 2012
    Just going to reply about the traps. Good to see! but if you want to solo, dont solo those areas. Or, very simply be prepared to trigger, perceive, or otherwise circumvent. As well, as much as I hate to admit it, there's other ways of preventing zerging besides traps.

Im just glad to see so many people posting happily about it. yay!
  • Options
    aavarius1aavarius1 Member Posts: 36
    edited May 2012
    torskaldr wrote: »
    Apocalypse? What a ludicrous thread. Really, there are many more people interested in the game than are posting here at this point. Check some of the MMO fansites. There are articles and discussions that have been going on for a while. Somehow I doubt the ruffled feathers of a few needy community members will cause a forum apocalypse. b:chuckle

I'm certainly glad to see I'm not the only one that thinks the forum related angst has gotten rather silly at this juncture. b:chuckle

Moreover, while I do appreciate the effort that goes into these poll threads and agree that they are a good idea, I do wish that the questions had a great deal more objectivity in the manner in which they are asked. I think they would be more useful that way.
  • Options
    steelebutterflysteelebutterfly Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    1. Since the Cryptic/PWE forum merge, there's been a dearth of recognizable forumites from the original Neverwinter forum posting. I'd put the number of those who transferred to the PWE model somewhere in the 5-10% mark. Do you agree? In three sentences or less, what do you feel can be done about it?
    Frankly, not much -- some people like forum discussions, others don't. Some games, and some companies, actively support their forums with staff posts, and some don't. Some games lend themselves better to forum discussions than others, so expecting one forum to have the strong community and active discussion that another one does just because it's a forum attached to a game isn't necessarily a given.

2. Have you played another PWE or Cryptic game in the past or currently? Which games? How would you rate the forum community for each game?
    I've only recently started playing STO (and that to see how PW implements an MMO), and I've gone to that forum once. So I can't say I have a valid rating.

3. Have you taken advantage of the Torchlight II pre-order with guaranteed Neverwinter Closed Beta access?
    Nope.

4. The next media blitz for the game will be early June in time for E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo is an annual convention where the hottest video games of the year are shown.) Name the most important Neverwinter topics you'd like to hear about from Cryptic devs/suits.
    A firm release date. Not quarter, but date.

Nope.

6. Are you currently frustrated with the lack of information being released about the game?
    Not really. I'd like more, but the lack doesn't frustrate me. I have lots of other activities I can do in the meantime.
    Should Neverwinter have its own community relations/forum moderation representative or team?
    Only if it makes economic sense to the company as it relates to the amount of activity in the forum.
    In 4 sentences or less, what information or method of communication would interest you as a forum user, so that you'd visit this site more frequently?
    Depends on what's being communicated. If it's character stories, and player communication directly related to the game (i.e., forming a party on a specific day and time), then the forum works just fine. If it's PW/Cryptic sending out notices, I'd be happy with FB posts that I'll see whether I log into the forum or not.

7. What decade were you born... 1940s? 50s? 60s 70s 60s 90s 00s? What MMOs have you played before? RPGs? Other genres? Name some of those you loved, and some of those you hated...
    Born in the 1950s. I've never played an MMO before because of reports from my friends who do about immature behaviour and deliberate griefing and PKing. I was terribly disappointed to see NW turn from co-op to an MMO, but I'll dip my toe in to see if it bucks the rumour trend. On the other hand I've played D&D since 1978, and NWN since 2004 (and on a persistent world -- the same one -- since 2005).

8. Neverwinter Closed Beta. Will you have access when it opens?
    No.
    If you do not have a beta key yet, do you want in?
    I wouldn't turn it down.
    Will you pay real money for access?
    Not a chance.

9. Random traps: Traps in dungeons are awesome. They give a sense of danger and a purpose for the Rogues. In adition to random, they should be powerful enough and in good number so that it successfully cuts down on the mindless zergfest that has become of games like DDO. Do you agree? Also, would you support randomly generated traps placement in Foundry content? How about designing the trap itself, difficulty in finding and the damage of the trap if its blown? In 4 sentences or less, describe how trap implementation can make Neverwinter more fun for you...
    The only thing I really care about traps is that they're not an auto-kill, but there's a decent chance to disarm it.

10. Memorial Day is Monday, May 28, 2012 in the United States. Many other countries celebrate on their own day, and in their own way. What does Memorial Day mean to you, if anything? Please be polite as this is a solemn day for family and friends, regardless of country.
    Off topic. No answer.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I respect the fact that folks are upset by the word "apocalypse." I must admit that I am a promoter and trainer by trade and that means my job is to give presentations and use words that pop up at you and grab your attention.

I am man enough to accept the fact that I might have picked too strong of a word in this case and it kind of "stole the show", which was not my intent at all. Thereby, I struck the word from my question and the thread title (Edit: I'll ask Storm when he gets the chance to edit the title as it didn't appear to work correctly...)

I will not however back up from my stance. I'm of the realization that many names I recognized/remembered from the Cryptic Neverwinter website days are gone, or at least are not making themselves known. That is what I meant by apocalypse. I also posed it as my opinion, and in fact posed a true/false question right after it. In other words, I gave ample room for folks to agree or disagree with my statement. Personally, Im ok with someone agreeing or disagreeing. They are just opinions, and I love reading opinions regardless what they are.

Anyhow, I hope this clears things up a bit.

(PS: I also struck question #10, as I agree was too off topic for discussion in the Neverwinter discussion thread. I just wish there was an Off Topic section added where we can discuss all kinds of non-Neverwinter related topics...)

• Options
    razorrxgdbrazorrxgdb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    1. Since the PWE/Cryptic forum merge, there's been a dearth of recognizable forumites from the original Neverwinter forum posting. I'd put the number of those who transferred to the PWE model somewhere in the 5-10% mark. Do you agree? In three sentences or less, what do you feel can be done about it?

I am not happy with the new forums, nor losing my original log in, etc. but that is not the only reason I have been away. They can bring players back by making a more adult forum (IE bears go bye bye) and releasing more information. The lack of any information is probably the biggest reason so many are gone. (Well that and the pretty bad merge into PWE forums that did not really make many feel all warm and fuzzy about the direction things are going).

I have played both STO and Champions Online. I enjoyed both okay, i did enjoy CO much more than STO but that could just be me. I do not play any PWE game currently (including CO and STO). I am playing DDO when I get the chance but have been working really long hours 6 days a week so not been gaming much.

Yes, I did preorder and have the email telling me that I will be allowed into NW beta. I was looking forward to it, but after the merge I will admit that I am almost in dread of playing now and finding out that it is not D&D at all.

Full list of races and classes at launch. Gameplay for each race/class as well as discussion on builds (IE are you stuck being a TRICKSTER Rogue or can you customize?, What kind of gear customization will we have? How close to the rules are they making the game? Is it just a typical MMO with some D&D paint and trying to cash in on the name or have they actually TRIED to make it D&D?

Nope. Will be watching E3 coverage from home. Prior to the merge of forums NW was my most looked forward to game. Now . . . I do not know.

6. Are you currently frustrated with the lack of information being released about the game? Yes or No? Should Neverwinter have its own community relations/forum moderation representative or team? In 4 sentences or less, what information or method of communication would interest you as a forum user, so that you'd visit this site more frequently?

Hells to the Yes. Dev tracker does not work, plus Devs do not post (Information black out). It reminds me of when we started getting info, then the sell to PW happened and everything went black for months. Open communication with the fan base would do wonders to make people (okay, me) feel warm and fuzzy about the title again.

60s. MMOs: WoW, DDO, LOTRO, CO, CoH, STO, EarthRise, Tabula Rasa and Warhammer. RPGs: D&D, AD&D 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3.5 and 4th ed. Gurps, Traveller, Gamma World, Arduin, Champions, and a few more that escape me.

MMOs I liked: DDO (As close to D&D as they could in the beginning, very fun back then), LOTRO (The abc music system was a hoot, nice over all feel to the game), CO (felt like a comic book with the graphics and storylines), Tabula Rasa (was neat, by the end it was almost a solid game), WoW (hate the graphics but like the game itself, vast world with lots to explore).

RPG: D&D is my first and favorite. Gamma World was fun, have some awesome memories of Traveller games, I loved the background/color stuff from Arduin (silks, metals, etc.) and put them in my D&D games and Champions is where my Wolverine knock off "Scratch and Sniff" came to life.

8. Neverwinter Closed Beta. Will you have access when it opens? If you do not have a beta key yet, do you want in? Will you pay real money for access?

I do not have a key yet. I have an email that states that I am in, but that is all.

Random Traps are a must for replay in dungeons. Anything that can somewhat randomize dungeons is a must. Make traps equal to the average encounter of the dungeon with some boss traps thrown in. Traps should be something that is respected, as opposed to the lame weakened traps in DDO now. I miss the hard traps from the early days. I would like to see a DDO version of trap (IE boxes to disarm and actual traps (spikes, blades, etc.) for the trap vs the NW red spot on the ground trap.
  • Options
    macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2012

N/A

No, never played any PWE games.

No.

Hopefully will be the begin of info release. I dont think cryptic will show the same demo they did at PAX East so i think we will get much more info and eventually close beta will start aswell.

Unfortenly no :/

Actually yes a bit, but i dont blame them at all, its just how they want to do it. Think they are saving awsome features to summer game events :D

80's. I still play pnp on 4th edition but also tryed 3e and 3.5e and saw some 2nd sessions aswell. Strategy pc-games were mostly what i played before i got an internet connection but since then i ussually play MMO's. Ultima online, LineageII, Runes of Magic, WoW, DDO, Age of Connan (like 5 days lol).

The best ive play were definly Ultima online and WoW. Ultima because, well its aswome, the best PvP and a vast open world with infinite things to do beside grinding dunegeons or raids. WoW because it was an all new MMO style (from my personal experience), love the raids, love the instaciated dungeons and all the world :) DDO was fun too, but hate the bussiness model of buying content, although i think is very close to D&D rules, skill checks, ect....

For now im RLY INTERSTED in Neverwinter

Hopefully i will have one in future :P And no, i dont plan to pay anything to play on close beta

Yes for random traps and yes for deal big dmg. But would be better to have 4th edition rules of thivery, all most every class can have thievery in 4th ofc rogues will have more skill than others but more class should have access to thievery if they want to pick it. Otherwise people will always depend on an available rogue to join u in a dungeon.
  • Options
    cybertroll62cybertroll62 Member Posts: 30
    edited May 2012

Not happy losing Login that I have used since early 90's for all online gaming related activities I participate in. But I suspect most of those who you think left, have simply been forced to do the same as me.

Neither. Just not interested in the genre. Strictly a Fantasy RPG gamer, and really only D&D or related styled games. Call me Old Skool.

Again, nope, just not interested in the genre.

In random order: Playable Races, Playable Classes, Crafting, and Character Customization.

Yeah right, 24 hour flight from where I live and work. Not going to happen. Other priorities, like preparing for full retirement in a few years....

Not at all really. To be expected when you consider the business as a whole. Releasing stuff before set dates and places like big Trade Conventions, only reduces the attendance at the Conventions, and thus media exposure. Timing releases around them, not only adds to the media coverage, but gives those who really want to be the first to know, a reason to spend money to travel to and attand the big events. Been that way in Gaming since the early Pacificon Conventions (Pre-GenCon and ComicCon) of the early 80's.

Early 60's... Thus the Old Skool reference above. Started playing D&D with First Addition in 1978, and have older paper back Chainmail series from 1976 that sparked the whole genre. As well as Arduin Grimoire. As for MMO's, UO and NWN1 & NWN2 PW's, if the latter two count as MMO's...

Nope, no time. Have a real life, which consists of numerous interests besides RPG's, and a well paying professional job that takes a large amount of my free time. My goal is to comfortably retire by 60. Life is about priorities.

Absolutely. In addition I was Secret Doors, One Way doors, One Way Secret Doors, Passageways hidden my illusions, Doors that require solving puzzles to get past, barred doors that require strength rolls to open, Crushing Stone Doors & Metal Spiked Gates that require acrobat/dex checks or get crushed to get past, and all the other tricks of the trade of the best PnP DM's I have had the privelage of playing with. Most of all, I want Dungeons to be a challenge, and potentially deadly. I do not want a Disneyland Ride with no risk, and all reward.