test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Welcome Back!

stormshadestormshade Member, Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2012 in News & Announcements
Hey folks,

Welcome back to the new Neverwinter website and forums!

As with all things, there's still a few things we're ironing out, and we'll be making some more changes as time moves on, and we get closer to release.

I do want to take a minute to talk about linking your Cryptic and PWE Accounts, as I'm noticing some confusion about how to do this.

The easiest way to start this process is to log out of the website and forums, and then click this link:

https://my.perfectworld.com/nw

Once there, log into the website with your Cryptic Account, and you will be walked through the process of linking your Cryptic and PWE Accounts together.

If you have questions about the process, please let me know, and I'll find out some answers.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Post edited by stormshade on

Comments

• Options
    cybertroll62cybertroll62 Member Posts: 30
    edited May 2012
    Worked... Except I have to have a login and username that I don't like....

I have had Cyber Troll as my gaming login since the early 90's....... I am curious who at Perfect World has it, since I could not use it when forced to make the PWE account earlier.
  • Options
    rangergonewildrangergonewild Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Worked... Except I have to have a login and username that I don't like....

I have had Cyber Troll as my gaming login since the early 90's....... I am curious who at Perfect World has it, since I could not use it when forced to make the PWE account earlier.

I know PWE won't let you use uppercase letters in your name. At least when I made this username it wouldn't let me. That is also very irritating. Might have something to do with why you couldn't use your old name?
  • Options
    cybertroll62cybertroll62 Member Posts: 30
    edited May 2012
    It didn;t even let me use only lower case letters...

Argh...
  • Options
    r555555555555555r555555555555555 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    More like a punch in the face. Yeah, linking of my Cryptic account w/'Less Than' perfect world (thought since ltpw likes lower case so much, I'd give'em that) ain't gonna happen. Are they going to do this w/Champions too? So sad, but with a chinese company you have to expect assemilation I guess. China being communist and all. Ooops! Will this net me a forum ban? Oh well. Off to the gulag.

BlueEyedDevil
  • Options
    chagahnchagahn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Hi,

I recently received a Neverwinter beta key but every time I try enter it into the website it returns a
    "no server response" message.

Please let me know if there are any problems at the moment.

Cheers
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,366 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Regardless of my current issues over how this assimilation into PW happened, I'm eager to welcome/see EVERYONE find his and her way back into the fold.

Just as important, Stormshade should be commended. He's clearly doing everything he can under the current circumstances..

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    fisofthenorthfisofthenorth Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    gimme a beta key !
  • Options
    chimerasfangchimerasfang Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Yeah, had to create a new user name and pw apparently. Getting the same issues as others have stated above. Hope this doesn't destroy my beta key. Convenient timing, having a website/forum make-over at the same time beta keys are starting to show up. Hmmm.

Any chance a logitech dual action controller will be usable with Neverwinter? I haven't used a keyboard to play a video game since last century. I even play DDO and Skyrim with my logitech controller. Keeping my fingers crossed here and hoping for beta key and keymapping UI setup.
  • Options
    slypdiskslypdisk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Any chance a logitech dual action controller will be usable with Neverwinter? I haven't used a keyboard to play a video game since last century. I even play DDO and Skyrim with my logitech controller. Keeping my fingers crossed here and hoping for beta key and keymapping UI setup.

I'm sure you will be able to map the buttons to your controller, it's a pretty standard feature in most games, and if not you can just create some bindings so your controller triggers the keyboard equivalent button, either way it's do-able
  • Options
    r555555555555555r555555555555555 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Regardless of my current issues over how this assimilation into PW happened, I'm eager to welcome/see EVERYONE find his and her way back into the fold.

Just as important, Stormshade should be commended. He's clearly doing everything he can under the current circumstances..

Yeah, my problem is not Cryptic or any moderator. I thought I made that plain enough but, maybe I didn't. I realize Cryptic has overseers and that my rants will do no good. I just had to state my displeasure with the assemilation of the forums.
    Had I visited more often, I would've known all this before I had my join date and posts wiped and lost my Cryptic handle on the NW forums.

BlueEyedDevil
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I said what I said here, and that's that. I'm not interested who's in charge, just to fix what happened so it never happens again like this. I'm guessing it's too late for me and "this account" but hey, surprise me and solve it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2012
    Hey guys, look great to see the big guns now rolling (the T-Man,Andre, Cyber ect) in, despite the merge issues, look i think the whole merge thing was obviously, a headache for everyone, cryptic, Us ect ect, but i think we all just need to chill abit, im not trying for zen points here, and yer the bears are cheesey, but im sure if pwe didnt buy out cryptic from atari, we wouldnt have to do this, let just embrace the excitement to flow soon (hopefully) and release the good, im sure SS is feeling damned if he does, damned if he doesnt atm.

We have lost some casualties guys like Foil ect ages ago, be nice to get some of those guys to come back however they havent been around for 6 months or more, maybe the killer of this going to mmo from co-oprpg was the killing blow.

I Am shattered ranger hasnt made the forum list, guess we are gong back to the 1982 redbox fighter/mage/theif/cleric days, guess simplicity trumps complexity as Brikke stated.

Ive tried to post returned support ticket emails, in case peeps were needing help or info under the website forum maintenance under Evilhemmes.
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Actually the thing is that lot of things wrong with the forums are on the front-end. For example, smileys, spelling, lack of sorting preferences threads, this page s not very smartphone friendly compared to old one with lots of black. etc. But there is no place to post feedback for these kind of mistakes, most of them very basic and fixable. But I hope they have already found most of them and maybe in next maintenance they will fix them.

All said and done, this website is still WIP.
  • Options
    mightyslugmightyslug Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4
    edited May 2012
    Thanks a lot!
  • Options
    illithid224illithid224 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    if i get a beta key will i be able to play right away? im not seeing an actual date for the beta
  • Options
    iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    if i get a beta key will i be able to play right away? im not seeing an actual date for the beta

Please post questions like this in appropriate locations. This is a welcome back old members to the new forum. The answer to your question is we are in pre-alpha still and the only reason there is a Beta Key option right now and not when Beta phase starts is to reward people who won a key at PAX East or Pre-ordered Torchlight 2 and got a Beta key. Beta may start as late as late 2012. No more information is currently available. If you have more questions about the game, you may visit the Official FAQ or my Neverwinter New User FAQ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rendalynrendalyn Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Stormshade I lost my beta key when i linked accounts and now, it no longer recognizes my beta key. Any answers you find out would be swell.

Thanks, author formerly known as Canitreen
  • Options
    exitghost342exitghost342 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    This may be a dumb question, but is linking accounts required? I made this account a while ago, and its still working...
  • Options
    valkhadvalkhad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I'm also fairly certain I had been sent a beta key. When I went to merge my account, I was unable to use my Cryptic user ID (capitalvices) for my PWE account. Im digging through my email right now -- if you guys happened to send a key to capitalvices@gmail.com, I would appreciate a resend.
  • Options
    rangerlordsolorangerlordsolo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Well here I am guys.

Have a new name but it's still me. Hope to catch you all on the boards.

Ranger Solo
    A.K.A
    Wolfensolo
  • Options
    synjynstormcrowsynjynstormcrow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    gimme a beta key !

Me too. When I linked my account my key went "poof" like Canitreen's did.

I'm back as well. Its been awhile, another D&D online game had my attention for awhile sorry about that.
  • Options
    scorilloscorillo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Can't remember cryptic password
    how can I changed or retrieve them?
  • Options
    zarrdemonzarrdemon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    how do i get a beta key do you know if not who would
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Folks, this was an old thread for those who survived the Cryptic to PWE forum conversion. If you can't remember your password, then follow the PWE forgot you ID/Password link or contact support

If you want beta keys specifics or have questions, read my FAQ's first section.
    But let this thread die please. Beter yet mod/dev, shouldn't we close it altogether?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.