test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thoughts on Mounts

2»

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 5,050,278 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2012
    If it's included, I just hope it is in a way that makes sense, and that they're a genuine contribution to the gameplay and story. I'm not a big fan of the established "dangling carrot" treatment mounts get. I'm plenty happy every time I earn one, sure - but I know that happiness is completely artificial. That the zones were designed to make foot travel feel sluggish, yet my objectives will likely now be spaced farther apart to keep me on the same levelling curve. Until I can save up/level up to a faster mount - if I can just keep playing long enough to get the uber-mount, then I'll REALLY feel the wind in my hair! Darn it, they got me again.

My suggestion - if there be mounts, let there be an added attempt to make us care about it as our character should. Fantasy mounts are sidekicks and companions, not mere stat boosts - from Brego to Falcor to Battlecat. Let us name them - customize their appearance even. Send us on special quests to find/rescue/earn their respect, or have them presented to us as gifts from a grateful ruler. They can be whatever you want, as far as I'm concerned - running/flying/swimming/burrowing - whatever. From horses and dogs to dragons and manticores. Just not "LVL 15 STARTER STEED" found at "HORSE VENDOR: coordinates x:2001.6, y:-366"
    edited April 2012
    plssssssssss do not put mounts type like unicorn and other "<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>" like creatures.Dont put animal creatures like some big boar and stuff....horse is enough and i beg u dont put mount combat!!!
    edited April 2012
    plssssssssss do not put mounts type...
    From old interview, they definately have pets and henchman.

However mounts would be very special in neverwinter (probably) and devs consider them important.

Link to thread. Interview after first 16 mins or so.

Also, I think everyone is entitled to their choices. So if fluff is OK, imo people should be open minded regarding mounts with why not! and not why! attitude(i meant "why not!" and not "why?!"). I have an open mind even for troll mounts (lol) why not!
    edited April 2012
    What is wrong with mounted combat? Especially if they did it like Mount & Blade. I love the hell out of that game.
    edited April 2012
    Vangald wrote: »
    What is wrong with mounted combat? Especially if they did it like Mount & Blade. I love the hell out of that game.

M&B Warband is so great game! Its combat mechanics are my favo combat mechanics from games what i've played :P
  • cybertroll62cybertroll62 Member Posts: 30
    edited May 2012
    Must have Mounts and mounted combat.

Any game that doesn't allow for knights in Shining Armor to charge enemies with Lance and Shield, for devastating effect, is just not right.

I can see Flying Mounts too, with several caveats. The main being that you would have to take a Epic Tier Feat Riding Airborne Mount, to be able to ride one, and more so, the Epic Tier Feat Combat from Airborne Mount to perform combat from one.

Before that, you would have to have taken a Paragon Tier Feat in Mounted Combat from Exotic Animal Land Based.

Before that, you would have had to have taken Heroic Tier Feat in Riding Land Based to even ride a mount, and in Heroic Mounted Combat to fight from a mount.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Any game that doesn't allow for knights in Shining Armor to charge enemies with Lance and Shield, for devastating effect, is just not right.

I can see Flying Mounts too...

I wonder if Beholder would count as a flying mount? Although it doesn't actually fly, but float.

I would love to have it as a mount and disintegrate any charging knights :)

Mounting a beholder would be me coming within its range and signalling it to shoot a telekinesis wave at me.

Though, it is a very thin chance that beholder would be allowed as mount, but they no longer cast anti-magic on others, so it should be ok i think.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    gillrmn wrote: »
    I wonder if Beholder would count as a flying mount? Although it doesn't actually fly, but float.

I would love to have it as a mount and disintegrate any charging knights :)

Mounting a beholder would be me coming within its range and signalling it to shoot a telekinesis wave at me.

Though, it is a very thin chance that beholder would be allowed as mount, but they no longer cast anti-magic on others, so it should be ok i think.

If you're mounting a Beholder....

must...not...make...innuendo....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]