test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New mainpage/forum

seikilosseikilos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2012 in General Discussion (PC)
Maintenance is done. I see they made both the main page and forum more PWE-like. For me, it feels more natural, but that's only because I've been a PWE player since FW. How are you guys liking it so far?

Before anyone asks it, yes we only have one avatar right now, no we can't use our own. I know it's kinda lame. They'll add a few more in a couple of months probably, and when the game goes live, you could use your in-game character as your avatar. At least that's how it worked with FW and working with RaiderZ.

-MyNameIsArt

Edit: the main page is now nw.perfectworld.com. Playneverwinter.com should be redirected to the new main page, but it's still offline.
Post edited by seikilos on

Comments

• macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2012
    I had to create a new acc :S

But yeah it look a nice update, not used to it but i will :)
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I must say I am impressed by design. But why choose bears for smileys ?

It has code and html tags but no spoiler tag?

Main site is nice with javascript on fire for tiefling.

Old posts are gone, can't maintain them anymore (edit and update first post)

there is delete button. does it work?
    edited May 2012
    Once you edit the post, and press save, it says you have been directed to an unspecified thread - contact administrator. But editing works.

Is it a defect?
  • granmazzogranmazzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Hey Hey Hey i like to see new website
  • slypdiskslypdisk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    It's not bad, to be honest in my opinion, a website is a website, we'll see how it goes when the game comes out (what really matters :P)
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Not a fan of the new site (at all) but I'm here for my homies ;)

Good to see you yoots again!

(Yoots = Yooouths) Just go to 1:11 in this video for much clearer definition http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLValMc9XjU

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • rangergonewildrangergonewild Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I thought the cryptic and pwe accounts were supposed to be linked or it was supposed to give me the option to do so? Is my cryptic username now gone and I'm stuck using my pwe account username? All my previous posts were with my cryptic username. I'm confused.

Bear smilies? Really?

One avatar pic for everyone? Really?

Is it just me or was I the only one thinking that everything should be more...i dont know....D&Dish? This is a D&D game right? These forums should cater to that.
  • qumi0qumi0 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Yeah, one avatar for all sucks :/

They are linked - when you try accessing beta there is question if you have some crytpic account cuz you're e-mail is the same... and so on.
  • razorrxgdbrazorrxgdb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Lost my username. b:sad

Site is not too bad so far though
  • shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I find the threads quite empty with so much black as background colour. Everybody with the same avatar doesn't help.

Quite creepy all those animated bears to my right...
  • xilix69xilix69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    WTF? is the only thing I can say ( and no I wont attach one of those stupid bears at the end of this)
    I have walked through the Valley of Death and emerged the Shadow of Evil
    The Gene Pool needs chlorine
  • vindiconvindicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012

Is it just me or was I the only one thinking that everything should be more...i dont know....D&Dish? This is a D&D game right? These forums should cater to that.

I keep seeing this over the last few days and I have an honest question: how is a forum supposed to look like to be categorised as D&Dish?
    D&Dish can be used to describe how a game looks, but a forum is a forum - it can be described as modern, bright, dark, or whatever, but D&Dish? What, does it have dice rolling in the background or something?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Sucks that I lost my user name.
    Sucks that I had so much damn trouble trying to access my old PWE account
    Hate the emotes
    Hate the fact that we can't ignore or report spam and trolls.

Other than that I like the site okay...I feel bad for the Cryptic dudes because I know they had to, I don't feel bad for them because there should have been a lot more functionality, non-sucky emotes, and a choice of at least five avatars when this slappy was rolled out.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
    edited May 2012
    vindicon wrote: »
    I keep seeing this over the last few days and I have an honest question: how is a forum supposed to look like to be categorised as D&Dish?
    D&Dish can be used to describe how a game looks, but a forum is a forum - it can be described as modern, bright, dark, or whatever, but D&Dish? What, does it have dice rolling in the background or something?

Thats an easy one, so I would pick it up to answer that with a song :-)

Where dragons breath fire
    And vampires have sinister designs
    Where survival is a desire
    Using means arcane and divine

Where in hells rise devils
    And shades lie in dungeons
    Where dragons are great evil
    And all else its luncheon

Where dragons don't breath rainbows
    And vampires don't sparkle or shine
    Where devils sign contracts not vows
    And punish good in hells nine

Something like that. :-)
  • vindiconvindicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Thats an easy one, so I would pick it up to answer that with a song :-)

Where dragons breath fire
    And vampires have sinister designs
    Where survival is a desire
    Using means arcane and divine

Where in hells rise devils
    And shades lie in dungeons
    Where dragons are great evil
    And all else its luncheon

Where dragons don't breath rainbows
    And vampires don't sparkle or shine
    Where devils sign contracts not vows
    And punish good in hells nine

Something like that. :-)

Now THAT makes it all crystal clear b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    vindicon wrote: »
    Now THAT makes it all crystal clear b:laugh

God.... every time I see an emoticon here I want to punch a puppy and I love puppies.

See what you're doing to me Cryptic?
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • testinukketestinukke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    razorrxgdb wrote: »
    Lost my username. b:sad

Site is not too bad so far though

likewise :(
  • melanderimelanderi Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users, Silverstars Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2012
    God.... every time I see an emoticon here I want to punch a puppy and I love puppies.

See what you're doing to me Cryptic?

What if they are RE style zombie dogs? Those things are horrific.

For those of you who have "lost" your forum names- have you linked your cryptic account to your/a PWE account? If not, please head to the main page, click the "Sign up for Beta" button, and proceed through there. If you have a pwe account you can link them there, but if you just made one the other day with a new forum name because you couldn't log in, try making a new one. The registration should auto populate with your cryptic account info.

If you persist in having problems, send a ticket to PWE support, and they'll help!
    Pixilated Community Entity
    @Effreet in game
    Terms of Service and Rules of Conduct. Learn them, Love them
  • devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2012
    A copy n paste from another thread I posted on

Owww, can we please get rid of the text box pop up when your cursor hovers over a thread. While I can understand if it was hovering over the words of the thread title but when it's anywhere on the rectangle segment the thread takes then that't too much. Specially a white box pop up with the black back ground....owww
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Allegedly it linked my account with this stupid user name and login name (the-truthseeker was the old one) and lost postings and PM's, etc. It sent me a generic registration message after it said my account was done being linked.

And I'm trying to figure out this Gothic black mixed with the care-bear emoticons (*suppresses urge to kick puppies and catapult kitties too*)

But *not* being able to report offensive messages?!

That's just dumb. If somebody really does something necessarily report-able, do we need to make a ticket or something?

Again, dumb.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]