test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are you serious Cryptic?

nbeast#6167 nbeast Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited March 14 in Player Feedback (PC)
How sick do you have to be to bind enchantments? You already ruined the game once; you changed the combat and the entire damage system. If this is intentionally done to bind enchantments, I'm deleting the game and getting rid of everything from my inventory. No wonder everyone has abandoned the game! I had 8000 hours in this game and I RQ on my main account when you destroyed the combat. So I threw away all my items and gifted account. Now I came back after 5 years, upgraded enchantments, and then I received the information about the new module that we need to bind items so we can raise them to maximum rank. You're sick!

You and your changes are the prime example of why the world needs to double its nuclear production.

This is what will happen again 👇

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbspCcod9eU&lc=UgxyoSQ0EJzXJMd-LNJ4AaABAg.A0VjWSPuf83A0VmUmVte07

REMEMBER: We are not playing the game because you ruined Mod 13 and the old combat system. Many old and skilled players will never return because of it. If you bind enchantments, it will be your end!

All we want is the old combat, damage & power sharing system 👇

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EOXN9t_3cU
Post edited by nbeast#6167 on

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    Where did you find the information that you need to bind enchantment to upgrade it?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options

Where did you find the information that you need to bind enchantment to upgrade it?

It's on the test server. In the new module, you have to bind it to your character in order to upgrade it to the maximum rank.
  • Options
    finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    Bah, now I cant sell Celestial Enchantments anymore on AH... Expected to sell some for 500 million a piece.
    Now I need a new bucket of Popcorn (and a diet coke)
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 407 Arc User
    Aragon made a video about it... at the moment you can't upgrade a mythic enchantment to the new rank unless it's bound. And even if you do that, the result isn't account wide either. So the worst of both worlds...

But, I don't think we know whether it's intended or not... it might be that it's in a half-implemented state.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User

I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    finmakin said:

Bah, now I cant sell Celestial Enchantments anymore on AH... Expected to sell some for 500 million a piece.
    Now I need a new bucket of Popcorn (and a diet coke)

Cope, bot. If they hadn't listened to similar clowns like you, we would have never had a combat rework, and the game would still be alive. They shoot themselves in the foot with every module.

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User

Cope, bot. If they hadn't listened to similar clowns like you, we would have never had a combat rework, and the game would still be alive. They shoot themselves in the foot with every module.

Fin is a bot? News to me. I guess seeing him run content was an illusion.

I've known others whose primary fun in the game was the refining and selling of enchants. The first rework of the enchant system to the current form killed their fun.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    greywynd said:

I didn't understand his comment; I thought he was mocking us because our items will become bound.

Trading has always been part of the game and entertainment. I know many people who have spent more hours trading than actually playing this braindead reworked meta. It is evident to everyone that they are desperate for money, and they want to force people into purchasing coal.

However, when I come across comments on Discord servers, it becomes clear to me why the game is failing. It seems that this outcome is well-deserved. In fact, there are more inactive guilds than active players, so let them enjoy their bound-to-character items while the servers remain active.

The answer is crystal clear: we do not enjoy these dog changes, and we have no intention of buying their coal ward or any other items due to the fact that they have destroyed such a beautiful combat and meta that existed in mod 13–14.

• Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited March 15

The answer is crystal clear: we do not enjoy these dog changes, and we have no intention of buying their coal ward or any other items due to the fact that they have destroyed such a beautiful combat and meta that existed in mod 13–14.

The meta that we played 4 buffers and 1 dps melting bosses in 3 seconds? not everyone liked that meta, me included. The game was a cakewalk.

About enchantmentes, It can be not finished, but even if that is finished, It wont make people leave. Maybe impulsive people like you yes, but not most players.

Players need new goals, new items to get, to upgrade. You dont need everything maxed to play end game. Most end game players doesnt have 5x mithic collars still. And they are lowering the cost of making mithic collars a lot, so the new chase-items are celestial enchantments.

I dont like that you need to bind enchants to upgrade, because I dont bind anything if I can, but I dont play 9 characters also, the binding feature was for people with various alts so you save lot of AD.

If you play lots of alts, you will need to upgrade more enchats, like you have to upgrade collars for each character. If you cant, your charater will do 98% of the damage of others (because I bet you play DPS), if that is a reason to leave the game, then you will leave sooner or later no matter what the change is.

When they changed companions, some people complained about the need to max companions on all characters, same with mounts and artifacts. Now we have lots of account-bound, mythic mounts, companions, artifacts that help people with lots of alts.

Is not the end of the world, you will be doing fine.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options

The meta that we played 4 buffers and 1 dps melting bosses in 3 seconds? not everyone liked that meta, me included. The game was a cakewalk.

About enchantmentes, It can be not finished, but even if that is finished, It wont make people leave. Maybe impulsive people like you yes, but not most players.

Players need new goals, new items to get, to upgrade. You dont need everything maxed to play end game. Most end game players doesnt have 5x mithic collars still. And they are lowering the cost of making mithic collars a lot, so the new chase-items are celestial enchantments.

I dont like that you need to bind enchants to upgrade, because I dont bind anything if I can, but I dont play 9 characters also, the binding feature was for people with various alts so you save lot of AD.

If you play lots of alts, you will need to upgrade more enchats, like you have to upgrade collars for each character. If you cant, your charater will do 98% of the damage of others (because I bet you play DPS), if that is a reason to leave the game, then you will leave sooner or later no matter what the change is.

When they changed companions, some people complained about the need to max companions on all characters, same with mounts and artifacts. Now we have lots of account-bound, mythic mounts, companions, artifacts that help people with lots of alts.

Is not the end of the world, you will be doing fine.
    Everyone loved that meta, and everyone left the game when Craptic destroyed the combat system. Personally, I know hundreds of people who haven't logged in for 5 years because of that. Anyway, enjoy this 3-DPS setup with only a few people left in the game while you still can. 

If they make enhancements bound or even account-bound, I'll instantly throw away everything from my inventory and delete the game forever. Some people will never learn from their own mistakes.

• Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User

Everyone loved that meta, and everyone left the game when Craptic destroyed the combat system. Personally, I know hundreds of people who haven't logged in for 5 years because of that. Anyway, enjoy this 3-DPS setup with only a few people left in the game while you still can. 

If they make enhancements bound or even account-bound, I'll instantly throw away everything from my inventory and delete the game forever. Some people will never learn from their own mistakes.

In that case send me your items please, dont delete them!
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    crusthelvetecrusthelvete Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    I really hope its only for the testserver, if it is gonna be bound that way im afraid they gonna loose whats left on the playerbase.
    I am very dedicated to this game, but if this happends i most likely gonna move on.
  • Options
    admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    This system that is on the test server is the biggest mistake the game will make, as it harms both players who have linked and those who have not linked their enchants. My GWF has 5 enchants of his own, my GF has 4 enchants of his own and my CW has 4 enchants of his own, other than that I have 5 garnet that I pass between these 3 characters (for the gwf only 4, since I don't use garnet in ultility) . So in a possible hypothesis, I need to change an enchant from one of them, would I have to create a new enchant? It doesn't seem fair to me. It's not enough that I have to level 15 enchants, will I be forced to level even more?

It's not my fault that the game allows players to have 50 more characters and breaks the game's economy. They shouldn't even play on all classes, let alone all these characters. I have 5 classes and I can't manage to close all the campaigns in these. I have a SW and a TR that I've been thinking about starting to play for about 6 months but when I remember the classes I already play with incomplete campaigns I soon give up.

Tip, keep the enchant upgrade system as it is, that alone would be a huge challenge for players. There is no point in reducing costs in the lower ranks trying to give an air of ease when the end is a nightmare.
  • Options

Considering that the last big wave of new players was during the pandemic, the players who didn't reach the endgame or who don't have mythical necklaces are because they don't play the game efficiently or don't care about it. I also saw players commenting that it wasn't worth leveling up due to the size of the expense for the little rating and damage they give to the mythical. I myself only raised the +10% AD collar just because I didn't have anything else to do that would improve my characters.

• Options

This system that is on the test server is the biggest mistake the game will make, as it harms both players who have linked and those who have not linked their enchants. My GWF has 5 enchants of his own, my GF has 4 enchants of his own and my CW has 4 enchants of his own, other than that I have 5 garnet that I pass between these 3 characters (for the gwf only 4, since I don't use garnet in ultility) . So in a possible hypothesis, I need to change an enchant from one of them, would I have to create a new enchant? It doesn't seem fair to me. It's not enough that I have to level 15 enchants, will I be forced to level even more?

It's not my fault that the game allows players to have 50 more characters and breaks the game's economy. They shouldn't even play on all classes, let alone all these characters. I have 5 classes and I can't manage to close all the campaigns in these. I have a SW and a TR that I've been thinking about starting to play for about 6 months but when I remember the classes I already play with incomplete campaigns I soon give up.

Tip, keep the enchant upgrade system as it is, that alone would be a huge challenge for players. There is no point in reducing costs in the lower ranks trying to give an air of ease when the end is a nightmare.

They are desperate for money, and this is just the beginning. They don't realize that it will destroy them.

• Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

They are desperate for money, and this is just the beginning. They don't realize that it will destroy them.

Being honest I walked away [due to various factors] back in November last year after a solid five years of playing. I still visit the forums in the hope that things would get better...

I miss the camaraderie of my guild/alliance and some content. But the majority of it felt like having a part-time job, unpaid, road testign stuff before it went live on PS4 etc

And the paid for Battle Pass system, and the free rewards just kept getting worse and worse.

And I see nothing on these forums likely to bring me back, which saddens me a lot.

This game helped me through some really rough times, and it really was an exceptionally fun game to play for a couple of years.

The combat system was brilliant before Mod 16 [or whenever it was changed dramatically] and it was fun, after the changes it was so slow solo killing groups of 6 mobs.
  • Options
    autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    I have to admit if they do this I'm done as well. I have 30 alts not being able to share them will be the end of the game for me.

It was a good run I suppose.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • Options
    milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    They better listen to the players and not do this. I'm already down to one main character since they added all the AD sinks to get armor and weapons, etc... I mean, I'm glad xbox ZAX is off cap, and I can get zen anytime I want, but if my alts aren't gonna be able to farm rqs anymore because they'll fall even further behind... Well I guess it's a good thing I have BG3, and a shiny new laptop to play it on...
  • Options

They better listen to the players and not do this. I'm already down to one main character since they added all the AD sinks to get armor and weapons, etc... I mean, I'm glad xbox ZAX is off cap, and I can get zen anytime I want, but if my alts aren't gonna be able to farm rqs anymore because they'll fall even further behind... Well I guess it's a good thing I have BG3, and a shiny new laptop to play it on...

Yes, with this unlimited ad drain it's not like it would be viable to have countless characters always updated. This reduces the base of playable characters at the end of the game, which prevents new players from finding groups to finish this content. I have friends who only play when the patch is released, conquer everything quickly and disappear until the next patch since they only have 1 character, something that must be quite common. Apart from the players who dedicate themselves to the profession, I believe that there are not many millionaire players as there are not so many valuable things to sell and there was a huge cost for such updates over time.
  • Options
    faldaril#4027 faldaril Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    I apologize, I know my question might seem provocative but it isn't, it's my sincere curiosity (and I don't like the change they want to introduce either), I've read all the comments in this post. I obviously have alts too, some I don't even remember what they are, sometimes I barely find time to play with my main. What's the point of having mythic enchantments on ALL alts? I ask because I really don't understand how you play with everyone of them. I admit that I'm not someone who plays endgame but even if it were, I would do it with just one character, sometimes I struggle to understand Cryptic's choices, but sometimes I also struggle to understand the players' decisions. Sorry for this intervention, it is not my intention to offend anyone but I would really like to understand.
    "Siamo solo delle piadine in mano hai potenti della terra" (Cit. Complottista Anonimo Facebook)- Professional AoE Tester - Doom of Healers and Tanks
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited March 18

I apologize, I know my question might seem provocative but it isn't, it's my sincere curiosity (and I don't like the change they want to introduce either), I've read all the comments in this post. I obviously have alts too, some I don't even remember what they are, sometimes I barely find time to play with my main. What's the point of having mythic enchantments on ALL alts? I ask because I really don't understand how you play with everyone of them. I admit that I'm not someone who plays endgame but even if it were, I would do it with just one character, sometimes I struggle to understand Cryptic's choices, but sometimes I also struggle to understand the players' decisions. Sorry for this intervention, it is not my intention to offend anyone but I would really like to understand.

Because people wants to play more than one class. There is not enough content to keep people busy to play only one class. I play 9 classes and there is 'always' nothing much I can do more until the next mod. I guess the main difference between you and others is others have more time or more "efficient" to play this game or they have played for a long time.

In some sense, you can consider it is an insurance. Class gets nerf'ed, class gets buff'ed in an never ending cycle. Having everything, you would always have a class that seems to be in a good place.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    faldaril#4027 faldaril Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    I get it, I hadn't thought about it from this point of view and it would make sense. Probably because for ten years I have only played two classes and lately I find it difficult to follow both, if I had more time I would probably be quite angry too.
    I don't know whether to consider myself lucky or not, but thanks for the reply anyway.
    "Siamo solo delle piadine in mano hai potenti della terra" (Cit. Complottista Anonimo Facebook)- Professional AoE Tester - Doom of Healers and Tanks
  • Options
    havatem#8104 havatem Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 20
    They might want to think about u turn.
    I spend or i'll state spent ALOT on Neverwinter i didn't mind i can afford to.

If they do not heed their own terms and conditions quoting here " Going forward ALL enchantment will be account wide "
    YOUR WORDS NOT OURS!!!!!

I will not spend money to upgrade the 10 toons i have maxed out. If they were account wide like stated on day 1 i'd have zen bought everything then gave my friends everything they needed to..

I already have the coal's n gop's it by definition by the company is needed to upgrade ALL ACCOUNT Enchantment.
    1 Character to upgrade ALL again YOUR WORDS NOT OURS

Dont belive me devs look at my account Havatem is my psn look n see how many times i bought zen n traded it for ad to then buy a person a tutor or a spined devil or a legendary collar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No company can afford to lose custom like mine because if i stop other will as well
  • Options
    jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    That is exactly what they said when they dropped me from level to 80 to 20. "Going forward ALL enchantments will be account wide." I have spent a lot on Neverwinter myself (never have been able to trade AD's for Zen). I think support should be much more helpful as well when ones item level doesn't go up and other major glitches. I was less than a year and had never gotten on the forum when they dropped me and my one other character I had then to 20. Instead of telling me they did that to everyone- they questioned me over and over like was I sure I was up to 80. They can be so ridiculous.
  • Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 407 Arc User
    Not that being on the forum helps keeping up with the news these days... we have to hope someone copies little bits from discord, or facebook or some dev stream or a youtube video.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    Yesterday I made the difficult decision to walk away, though I've been mulling it for the past month. I've been playing for over ten years and I've led my guild for the last nine, but I have nothing left in the tank.

For me the final nail in the coffin is the ten-week campaign length, with no mechanism to reduce the time for alts. I'm nearing the end of a ten-week campaign pushing 19 alts through Demonweb Pits and I'm totally burned out. Totally. I haven't seen the next mod but I already know I won't be running it. And quite possibly the next one either. To top that off, being guild leader has tethered me to the game every day for nine years and I can't take it anymore.

So yesterday I began handing guild leadership to someone I know. I have two plans in the near term: finish pushing my alts through Demonweb Pits and upgrade my enchantments to Celestial. Then I'm done. I have no idea when or even if I might return. I won't be deleting anything, because I didn't amass eight years VIP and almost 90M AD to throw it away. But I know I can't do this anymore.

The game for me has become stale, formulaic, and tedious. A great deal of the richness has been removed and all we get now are interminable campaigns with no provision for alts. It's just too much. I thought back and I haven't had even a little fun since Dragonbone Vale, and any real fun since Ravenloft. I've only been going through the obligatory motions since. No more.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    chidionchidion Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    I have always been of the opinion that too many items are "BOUND", particularly to "CHARACTER". Players have to run content to get gear, enchantments, whatever then if they make a new character of the same class instead of being able to pass that gear on to their new character they have to run the new character again through the same content just to get them the gear they already have on another character… That’s an incredible waste of time and effort and one of the best reasons for abstaining from or regretting purchasing more character slots. Things were made a little better when players were given two free loadout slots however players still have to carry around their change out gear which takes up valuable bag inventory space so it more or less negates the gesture of an extra load out slot, (we can use skill kits straight from our bank inventory – why not alternate load out gear?). I personally know too many people who also decided to quit playing Neverwinter because changes were too frequent, without notice and usually to the detriment of dedicated players… yet the trend not only continues but appears to get worse with each change.
  • Options
    tyrlaan#5615 tyrlaan Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 15
    Today has news about enchantments.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11567253

"However, you can only upgrade Mythic Enchantments that you receive from the Rewards Claim Agent. These Celestial Enchatments, just like their Mythic forebears, can be turned in to the Rewards Claim Agent for an account unlocked version."

So that would mean you have to reclaim an account-wide version (that binds to character upon reclaim) to upgrade it to Celestial and can then turn this one in to make it account-wide again. (I wonder if it will replace the Mythic reclaimable by doing so, otherwise you would just reclaim it again - possibly on another character - to upgrade it).

I´m pretty much only using account-wide enchantments so I appreciate the change. I will update to Celestial account-wide and reclaim it on my alts.

Regarding the economy it means there´s just gonna be trade in Mythic unbound enchantments for people not so much to use (and re-trade - as with other assets like insignias or collars) but to bind as account-wide and do a final upgrade to turn into Celestial account-wide. Which is okay IMO. They will behave more like account-wide companions and mounts where your account collects reclaims. And it is highest tier already whereas some reclaimed items are not and would have to be upgraded on each and every character.
    Post edited by tyrlaan#5615 on