test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Enchantments arent account wide anymore?

jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 604 Arc User
I remember when they started this new system of enchantments which at the time I was not thrilled about, but kept hearing well at least they enchantments are account wide. Well I just got the mystic opal since it has so much more to offer than everyday enchantments but it is so not account wide, is that a bug or things just changed up somehow????

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited February 12
    jana#2651 said:

I remember when they started this new system of enchantments which at the time I was not thrilled about, but kept hearing well at least they enchantments are account wide. Well I just got the mystic opal since it has so much more to offer than everyday enchantments but it is so not account wide, is that a bug or things just changed up somehow????

No, it is you don't understand how it works.
    You have a unbound mythic enchantment and it is not account wide as it supposed to be. 'Unbound' means you can sell it. You need to use this enchantment as currency to buy the account wide version of the same enchantment from the 'enchantment unlocks' tab of 'Reward claim agent'. Now, the 'new' one is bound and you can't sell it anymore.

The red '1' in the bottom right corner is the 'price' to buy 'Mythic Opal - Account unlock' in the top left corner.
    If you have the currency (and you do), you will not see red '1' but 'white' 1.

After you buy it, your unbound mythic opal will be gone. You will see the following in each of your character in your account for you to claim.

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    Plasticbat- I understand how the steps work and the white special etc. Those were not happening so I contacted support and this is what I got back "I understand that your Opal Enchantment became bound when you upgraded it to mythic. It is possible that the materials you used to upgrade the enchantment is bound, which is why your account-wide enchantment became character-bound. Please take note that once you use bound materials, the outcome of the upgraded or refined item will be the same. GM Keso" Have you ever heard that when you refine something or upgrade something nothing you use can't be bound to you???

I upgraded it all in one day because I had enough refinement points and I bought any glyphs I needed-had three coal motes. I did it because it would be so useful on my other characters because the Opal gives you item level in two places not just one. I always sell any preservation wards I get because I think they are basically bogus anyway. I might have thrown in somebound ones just to use them. I have never heard this HAMSTER that using a bound preservation ward keeps it from becoming account wide.
  • Options
    I meant stats in two places not item level.
  • Options
    edited February 14
    The account wide enchantment is character bound when you claimed that from reward claim agent. It is "normal" to be character bound. Did you send the other character to the reward claim agent to claim its own enchantment?

Forget what the support says. They don't know what they are talking about or even relevant for your case.
    The reason why you upgrade to mythic is irrelevant. The bound status of your 'regular' mythic is also irrelevant.
    If the original common enchantment (that you might got it free) is character bound and upgrade it, that enchantment will still stay as character bound. However, as I said, whatever bound status of your 'regular' mythic is is irrelevant to get the Account wide mythic enchantment. You can buy the mythic enchantment using a character bound 'regular' mythic enchantment.

I don't think you understand how it works.

The enchantment you get back from reward Claim agent (after you bought it with a regular mythic enchantment) for your character A is character bound and it is normal.
    Your character B can go to the Reward Claim agent to claim his/her own enchantment.
    Your character C can go to the Reward Claim agent to claim his/her own enchantment.
    Your character D .......

All these enchantment (one each per character) are character bound and it is normal.

Did the character that has the 'regular' mythic enchantment scroll up and down to check the whole page of the 'enchantment unlocks' tab of the reward claim agent?
    Did you send another character to check the 'enchantment unlocks' tab of the reward claim agent?
    ****** Make sure to scroll up and down to check the whole page. ******

If you still don't get it, please post screen shot from the 'enchantment unlocks' tab of the reward claim agent and the screen shot of the "tooltip" of your mythic enchantment in your inventory.

For your information, I made 2 brand new mythic opal enchantments recently and exchanged for 2 account wide opal enchantments for all my characters recently. So, it does work.

You can check what your mythic enchantment using the tooltip:

If you see 60 silver and 189,000 RP in the bottom right corner. It is a 'regular' enchantment.

If you see 'Cannot sell', it is the mythic enchantment you got from Reward Claim agent.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited February 15

If the original common enchantment (that you might got it free) is character bound and upgrade it, that enchantment will still stay as character bound.

This line caught my attention. We were given a character bound opal I think... maybe when the first of the current double stat enchantments appeared.

Anyway, I upgraded some moonstones the other day using some bound coal wards, so I will check their status and report back. The green ones I started with were definitely unbound. I'm pretty sure plasticbat is right and what support said is just wrong.

(The next day...)
    I checked my moonstones and they are both unbound, so using bound coal wards to upgrade unbound enchantments does not cause them to become bound.
    Post edited by mintmark on
  • Options
    Oh that is so good to know about using bound preservation wards. I have the opal now I made mythic, there was some kind of a bug for awhile because my main character had it but the others didn't or couldn't claim it but it somehow got fixed. What an absolute idiotic thing for support to say. It took five days and then it was there. You know what I missed was the fact that while the opal and the diamond gives you two types in offense it is only half as strong or half the amount as the normal ones that only has stats in one category. It could be good depending on what someone is trying to do but not necessarily. Thank you for your answers, I appreciate it. B)
  • Options
    That's right... but the double stat enchantments do give a bit (couple of hundred) more in total compared to a single stat enchantment... so if you need both those stats and it fits with your build, it can be a good way to go.
  • Options
    If you were using 2 mythic garnet and 2 mythic jade for power and Critical strike, you get 4500 Power and 4500 Critical strike with 6000 item level.
    Replacing them with 4 mythic opal, you get 4952 power and 4952 critical strike. The beauty (and probably the most important) of it is it is still 6000 item level.
  • Options
    chidionchidion Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited April 15
    Right here is one of the main reasons why there are fewer players signing up or sticking with the game. Neverwinter will come out with a great idea then for reasons that few are made aware of character powers are suddenly nerfed, items suddenly become bound or otherwise changed to be of lesser value (Celestial Enchantments a great example) and it appears players have little or no choice or voice in those changes so people just stop playing. One would think after losing so many players and seeing fewer players interested in signing up for the game someone would have gotten a clue, about what some of those changes are doing... but obviously not.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Once they get to the point where they are telling us about what is coming, they are so far invested in it that there is no option for course correction.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    That's true... it is usually almost a fait accomplis.
    But, when they implemented the bound but account wide mythic enchantments, it did seem to be in response to player feedback on the preview server.

The other thing we rarely get to see is the motivation for the changes... we're left wondering why they're changing these systems at all. Is the existing system causing a problem? Do they need a way to give us more item level and stats? Are they trying to re-balance the economy? They don't explain and we just think it's change for its own sake, and creating new problems as well, and we wonder what the purpose is.
  • Options
    edited April 16
    mintmark said:

That's true... it is usually almost a fait accomplis.
    But, when they implemented the bound but account wide mythic enchantments, it did seem to be in response to player feedback on the preview server.

The other thing we rarely get to see is the motivation for the changes... we're left wondering why they're changing these systems at all. Is the existing system causing a problem? Do they need a way to give us more item level and stats? Are they trying to re-balance the economy? They don't explain and we just think it's change for its own sake, and creating new problems as well, and we wonder what the purpose is.

If you are talking about the change from non-account wide to allow account wide enchantment, the change is great for those who has many characters.
    It became Nth cheaper than before. It needs less number of enchantment/runestone per character. It covers multiple characters. The cost became cheaper (in terms of enchantment cost) to even fit one character than before the change.
    For those who complained, mostly were those who had only one or two characters and invested a lot before the change.
    If they did not invest and started from scratch, I bet they would prefer the new system (the one when they introduced mythic) to the older one.

If you are talking about Celestial change, well, they always add something on top of the current best for people to chase and they get money. There is no surprise. I already predicted that would eventually happen when they did the Mythic change. There will be something higher than Celestial eventually and then something higher than the next highest.

Look at the history, the highest was rank 3, then rank 4, then 5, 6,7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14. Then, mythic. Coming Celestial. There is nothing new. There is really nothing to explain.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User

If you are talking about the change from non-account wide to allow account wide enchantment, the change is great for those who has many characters.

I believe he is talking about system changes within the game in general. Too many of which have seemed to be change simply for changes sake, and which leaves the playerbase wondering, since they can't be bothered to talk to us and explain.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    edited April 17
    greywynd said:

I believe he is talking about system changes within the game in general. Too many of which have seemed to be change simply for changes sake, and which leaves the playerbase wondering, since they can't be bothered to talk to us and explain.
    Yes... in summary I was saying that system changes in general seem to be just presented to us when they're almost finished and there is no opportunity for change in response to feedback, but then I also mentioned the introduction of mythic enchantments (where there's was lots of feedback about the upgrade costs for alts, and it seemed like they quickly implemented the account wide reclaim system in response to that).

So, usually they don't change stuff before it goes live, but sometimes they do.

For these new celestial enchantments... they have said we can only upgrade bound mythics to get bound celestials, because it was too hard in the code to implement upgrades for unbound mythics. But, I wonder if it will come in the future if they have more time to get it right... it sounds like they wanted to but didn't have time for this release.