test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Trying to get all ratings to 50% or better on stats.

jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 615 Arc User
And what I was wondering is what should 4 major combat reinforcements at 880 equal. What would 4 major power reinforcements at 880 equal for the amount of contribution to your rating. I am trying to figure out how this works Ty in advance for any answers!

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,229 Arc User
    edited February 8
    Every character is different. You need to do your own math.
    By the way, what you really want is to get the combined % of the vital stat to 90%.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    johnalansimmonsjohnalansimmons Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User
    In general every 1K of IL gives 1%. If you use 4 major power combat reinforcements on your armor it gives you 3520 additional IL for approximately 3.5% additional power. This does not work if the additional IL puts you overcap. For example, if you have 70K IL and your power is at 69K IL then using those 4 major power combat reinforcements would put you overcap by 2520 and you would get an additional 1% to your power.
  • Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 408 Arc User
    I'll have a go... =)

If the sum of all the things that provide a rating figure (not a %) add up to (or exceed) your total item level, then that would give you 50% ratings contribution towards that stat.
    For every 1000 that the sum is below your total item level, you lose 1% from the 50%.
    Things that provide a % directly are separately added afterwards and as plasticbat says the aim is to get to 90% for a stat. Up to 50% can come from the ratings contribution and the % contributions are added to that.

When you change an item, it can change both your total item level, and the total ratings for each stat. But the change is small for most items because they provide a lot of "combined rating", which contributes to all stats.
    For most equipment items, it will increase the % (out of 50%) for the stats it provides and slightly decrease the % for all the other stats (because it increases total item level and doesn't give the same amount of combined rating, so every other stat is now a bit further below total item level).

For armour reinforcement kits, they provide relatively high ratings for little item level, so they have a benefit to your percentage (out of the 50%) for that stat, while not causing much decrease in everything else (because the total item level doesn't go up much). How much the benefit is depends on your actual item level.

Note also that there are some things that provide item level and no ratings (like combat enchantments). These cause all stat % to go down because they increase the total item level and provide no ratings, so everything is further below the total item level.

So... you want rating scores to be high in the stats you want, but not higher than your total item level. Extra ratings from gear are good, but not if it would make you exceed total item level... in that case extra % from gear are good.

I really thought that would be shorter... but I hope it helps.

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,229 Arc User
    In short, it is not possible to get 50% for ALL stat through "rating contribution".
    It is hard (if not impossible) to get 50% for all stat through "rating contribution" + "other contributions". Even if this can be done, I would imagine the character will perform poorly.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    Thank you for your answers they are all appreciated. Like I have said many times it must be how complicated this game is thats kept my interest so long, that and seeing how good I can get. Especially thank you mintmark for such a detailed explaination that I could understand!!!