test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Free Coal Mote Question

In the last several days people have been getting a free coal mote in their claims .
What is/was this for ?
Are we all getting one ? Asking because I haven’t received one as of yet
Ty

Comments

• Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 407 Arc User
    I got one, two days ago. The claim button flashed, I went to the tab and noticed the coal mote. I don't know why I got it (I checked the forum and I checked the news page).

The claim button also flashed a few days ago and I went to the tab (promo) but couldn't see anything new. I might have missed something, or it might be a symptom.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    Yes, I got that too. I wonder if it is related to completion of the current campaign. I finished that in multiple characters.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    Do you have a fighter toon?
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 407 Arc User
    Yes I do... you think it's a cosolation prize? :)
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    yup
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited January 13
    With no explanation, no announcement, no dev responded in Discord (as far as I can see) for days, I am thinking it is some sort of mistake. I play all classes. So, I do have a fighter.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    Ty for the responses . Still nothing in claims but I didn’t finish wildspace yet and don’t have a fighter .
    Is there actually no one on discord / forums / social media that is an arc employee that can actually let us know about this free mote ?
  • Options
    autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    They are down to bare bones staff. You can tell even in how that are handling their Twitter posts and official news here now. I suspect that we won't be hearing much from the now on. It's sad tho because I know STO is getting a HUGE new event and I suspect much of their time is dedicated to that now as well.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    I got one too and I do have a fighter.

Handing out a Coal with no notice why seems to be a bit pointless though.

It will be interesting to see if next mod arrives on schedule(probably was developed mostly before last cuts), and what happens to the mod after that.

No mods = maintenance mode = massive player exodus.
  • Options

I got one too and I do have a fighter.

Handing out a Coal with no notice why seems to be a bit pointless though.

It will be interesting to see if next mod arrives on schedule(probably was developed mostly before last cuts), and what happens to the mod after that.

No mods = maintenance mode = massive player exodus.

They have announced a new loot box which usually comes with new material. But I am a bit concerned that nothing new has hit the pre-view servers. That does seem odd to me.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Boxes rotate out every few months. USUALLY with new content. Not always.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    greywynd said:

Boxes rotate out every few months. USUALLY with new content. Not always.

Aye I know that but it's but as of late they have been really pushing out content even it it's retooling a past event or something on preview. I just hope they are in constant crunch mode because that can't be maintained forever.