test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tannisian Crystals quest needs to be toned down

hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
I'm talking specifically about the enemies that spawn when you destroy the crystals. Ten of them spawn, and they have vastly higher item level than anything else on the map. So far I've done the quest on my four most powerful alts: they're all DPS and are all in the 83-85k range. It's brutally hard. When the bulk of the playerbase gets to this quest they're in for a rude awakening.
Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured

Comments

• Options
    chaderickrax#3780 chaderickrax Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    Completely agree. I've played this with four characters now, all in the mid-70k item-level range, all geared up about as well as can be expected, and only the rogue managed to handle these guys every time. The ranger succeeded twice out of five. The barbarian died almost instantly every time. Sure, he could have switched to tank, but it would have taken the entire day to kill that many enemies.

Short version, this is the part of the game where people shouldn't be forced to be in a group. It's not a heroic, it's a quest that must be completed to advance the plot. Neverwinter never requires groups for that.

And, technically, you don't have to succeed to "win." Interacting with the minecart is all that's required. So, as long as you don't mind dying five times in a row in order to complete the quest, what's the problem, right? (That's sarcasm. It's pretty poor design to expect players to watch their characters die multiple times to be handed a success, because victory requires something no other storyline quest requires.)

The difference between the Vampirates and the Tannisian crystals is like completing a dungeon full of kobolds, descending a flight of stairs, and entering a dungeon full of storm giants. "Jarring" isn't the right term for it.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited December 2023
    Well, I play 9 classes. I only do solo. The first character was a Rogue (less than 80K) and he killed everything using Path of Blade 5 times and I knew it was tough. I was wondering how my other characters could do that. Then, few seconds later, I understood that I don't have to fight at all. Pick the crystal. Pick the cart and start running. One of the easiest quests among all. The mod will follow you a while and they will return back to the original spot. Then, they will disappear on their own. Hence, you don't leave mob for others to clean up.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    chaderickrax#3780 chaderickrax Member Posts: 245 Arc User

Well, I play 9 classes. I only do solo. The first character was a Rogue (less than 80K) and he killed everything using Path of Blade 5 times and I knew it was tough. I was wondering how my other characters could do that. Then, few seconds later, I understood that I don't have to fight at all. Pick the crystal. Pick the cart and start running. One of the easiest quests among all. The mod will follow you a while and they will return back to the original spot. Then, they will disappear on their own. Hence, you don't leave mob for others to clean up.

Does that feel like...actually winning, though?

I'm not disagreeing that this will work, but...isn't that more "finding a way to adapt to the bug" than "there's no bug"?

But, from a point of, "Budgets cuts and be glad it isn't Fetch Quest," I totally see where you're coming from.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited December 2023

Does that feel like...actually winning, though?

I'm not disagreeing that this will work, but...isn't that more "finding a way to adapt to the bug" than "there's no bug"?

But, from a point of, "Budgets cuts and be glad it isn't Fetch Quest," I totally see where you're coming from.
    I don't think that is a bug. I always do my quests with the minimum fighting, minimum distance and minimum time. There is no cookie to do extra. There is no way most solo player could kill them all easily doing solo. There are 12 to 15 enemies pop out surrounding you with combat advantage. For me, it means you must die if you don't run. The amount of enemies indicates what this is. When did you see that many in a relatively small area last time?

The quest is there for a week or 2 already. Yet, this is the first time I read people complained about this here. It is a quest. It is up to you to solve it. Solving it does not mean you have to kill everything.

In addition, since the spawn mob will disappear on their own unlike other kind of spawn, I consider this is WAI and they expect most people will run.

By the way, there are many places in the game that intentionally setting up routes to allow you skip fighting such as Biggrin's tomb in IceWind Dale, Depth in Northdark Reaches, Neverwinter Outskirts quest in current campaign, Foot of the Narbondel, Jail in WoD, ....
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    This is from the same zone (IIRC) where the mini-boss can do 1 Million+ one shots. That zone is defo a pain still, I'll take that over the Kuo-toa world any day. I despise that place.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • Options
    finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited December 2023
    I had no issues with this quest,,
    The first time i got jumped with these spawns, but im just a puny tank and killed that spawn..
    I went to the next spot, killed the mobs and looted the single crystal what is laying on the ground... Jumped on that car to loot and was ready to make a run right after this group spawned... They are easily to outrun them and finished that quest with no swet..

As being a tank I have learned to adjust quickly and find a workaround the issue (as there are many still)
    Good luck
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer