test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

OFFICIAL: M27 ADVENTURE ZONE AND CAMPAIGN FEEDBACK (TOTALLY NOT A LEAK)

The new adventure zone and campaign is now up on Preview. Please post all of your bugs and feedback relating the Zone and Campaign.

Please visit Sergeant Knox in Protector's Enclave and accept the quest, 'Falling Stars' to start your adventures in Wildspace!

Please note that everything on Preview is not necessarily final and is subject to change. We look forward to your feedback!

Formatting Your Feedback and Bugs

For posting feedback and bugs, please follow the following format to ensure your feedback and bugs are seen clearly and processed in a timely manner, thank you!

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use CYAN. If you are replying to another user's post, or just engaging in general discussion, please do not color your posts, general discussion is welcome and we will read all of it, regardless of color! You can use BBCode to color your text:

<font color=cyan>This text will display in cyan.</font>
<font color=red>This text will display in red.</font>

Examples:
Bug: Mimics breakdancing when the fight starts makes them get stuck in floor.
Feedback: Mimics breakdancing is visually distracting from the other fight mechanics.

Comments

• Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited October 2023
    NOTE: See BUG at bottom below.

Map Sizes and Repeatable Quest Effort
    I like myself some big maps in a game that isn't open world. ... Having to travel between planets adds a major time component especially for those without VIP.

10 weeks campaigns really is a bit too long. It would be good to have a bit more time between campaigns to R&R and do other things, in particular with multiple alts that need attention.

I would suggest 8 weeks as the best campaign length.

My suggestion is only slightly different so I'm suggesting...

Feedback: Make the maps 25% larger, for the Planets; &/or offer an addition set of mission(s) for M28-M29. :+1:
    ╘ I doubt any changes to map size for M27 it's just too close to Launch.!
    ╘ Please rethink 100 weekly progress, Dragonbone Vale was 300 sure, perhaps maybe 125?

NOTE: Travelling back to Moondancer, happens so frequent and often. :-1:

BUG: Quest path on Planet's/Asteroid's set wrong one as Primary :astonished:
    ╘ Here's one example on the Asteroid, yet Planet 6, Planet 5, and others do this as well.
    ╘ The Primary quest path is always, the mission that is to complete the other mission--it's backwards. :o

:o

I'll try to find a few more reactions, after I at least complete my first full week of the campaign. Sadly, you won't be able to earn the weekly's or more fully examine it till at least next week.
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Xaryxian Invasion, doesn't indicate any progress made, regardless what you do, or even list the objectives:

Feedback: During Invasion, shows no steps indicating progress being made :anguished:
    ╘ The only thing we saw was: Push back the Xaryzian Empire mm:ss
    ╘ I was on preview with 2 or 3 others, and nothing indicating progress, were we likely to succeed or fail?
  • Options
    fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    edited October 2023
    Up Buzzjewel Drop Rate
    Buzzjewels seem to be this mod's Elite Sigils, but the Invasions drop too few given the amount you need to buy anything on the shop. The drop from regular mobs is far and few between, and there are only so many High Commanders. In Menzo we could efficiently raid Driders and get 40 per round, but in the Wildspace you might be looking at 10-15 if you're able to get enough hits on High Commanders.

Baked In Campaign Catch-Up
    Many raised concerns about burning out on all those 10-week campaigns, and I agree. I'd propose a small catch-up mechanic that allows alts to complete campaigns a bit faster if they start late or miss out on the Weekly Haul. 50% of the Weekly Haul that's left from the previous week turns into a 50% progression currency boost. This bonus currency also counts against the Weekly Haul and you can only ever hold a max of 100 boost currency (similar to the Astral Diamond Boost). This means when you miss out on the Weekly Haul you can fill it the next week a little bit faster.

Example:

Toon A only does 20/100 in Week 1, gets 40 currency (50% of the 80 that was left) as 50% boost the next week. Means in Week 2 the toon will be able to get 8 (5 + 50% of 5 = 3, rounded up) progression currency from repeatable quests, and 38 from weeklies until the boost is used up. A boost of 40 would be enough for 13 repeatable quests (40/3) or 3 weeklies (40/13).

The catch-up mechanic would never allow a toon to gain an advantage over someone who is doing the full Haul per week, but easen the load on alts considerably in exchange for a delay in campaign completion.

Move Campaign Milestones to x25
    It's super weird that you unlock new progression and weekly quests at x00. Because if you do your Haul each week, it means you have to wait for a full week until you can contribute towards the Weekly Haul using the unlocked quests. In Sharandar the main milestones came at 25, 125, and 225 so that you could immediately run the new story and quests without "wasting" progression currency.

I mean there will probably always be toons that run into this type of issue (if you're doing 25 in week 1 and 100 in week 2 etc.), but at least for those that put the time in each week, the campaign would become much more fluid.
  • Options
    nholmesdev#5601 nholmesdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 15 Cryptic Developer
    strathkin said:

╘ Here's one example on the Asteroid, yet Planet 6, Planet 5, and others do this as well.
    ╘ The Primary quest path is always, the mission that is to complete the other mission--it's backwards.

This should be addressed in the next update!

• Options
    edited October 2023
    Spelljammer based on the 5E Dungeons & Dragons, had good possibilities to add good stories: missed opportunity?

Feedback: We've seen a really bare bones intro story, something a little more like River District Chapters had been nice!
    ╘ Spelljammer 5E (M27-M29) is deserving of a few (3-5) Chapters, to better expand how we got there, or are progressing. :+1:

strathkin said:

╘ The Primary quest path is always, the mission that is to complete the other mission--it's backwards.

Nice, this is a nice yet appropriate fix.

Hopefully for M28-M29, a few more of the Planetary Map's are 25% or a little larger; per the earlier feedback, to offer more than 2 mission on each planet.

Feedback & BUG: On Planet 8 - Beloria, Minotaur causes tree's/plants to stretch (50-100X more than they should) in his spin attack.
    ╘ His Powers can cause this problems on several Map's in fact, depending if they setup properly or not.
    ╘ Minotaur Companion does this on several maps, including Merchant Prince Folly Skirmish: with tree's & plants!

BUG: On Planet 8 - Beloria, the mission "Take Back the Power"
    ╘ The Prisoner's cages are always (mostly) empty and open, even though it says free Prisoner and open cage. :/
    ╘ Northdark had similar mission where you to free someone, he was also missing and cage open.
    ╘ So your getting credit for saving nobody in this case?

NOTE: You can still click on the completely OPEN & EMPTY cages, yet it really seems to be not aligned to the story your trying to sell. Seems the Cages in all similar missions, almost always start OPEN rather than closed with hostages inside.

Thank You!
  • Options
    nholmesdev#5601 nholmesdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 15 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2023
    strathkin said:

╘ The Prisoner's cages are always (mostly) empty and open, even though it says free Prisoner and open cage. :/
    ╘ Northdark had similar mission where you to free someone, he was also missing and cage open.

I'll take a look at this, appears the scripting is broken! :astonished:
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    strathkin said:

Spelljammer based on the 5E Dungeons & Dragons, had good possibilities to add good stories: missed opportunity?

Feedback: We've seen a really bare bones intro story, something a little more like River District Chapters had been nice!
    ╘ Spelljammer 5E (M27-M29) is deserving of a few (3-5) Chapters, to better expand how we got there, or are progressing. :+1:

strathkin said:

Nice, this is a nice yet appropriate fix.

Hopefully for M28-M29, a few more of the Planetary Map's are 25% or a little larger; per the earlier feedback, to offer more than 2 mission on each planet.

Feedback & BUG: On Planet 8 - Beloria, Minotaur causes tree's/plants to stretch (50-100X more than they should) in his spin attack.
    ╘ His Powers can cause this problems on several Map's in fact, depending if they setup properly or not.
    ╘ Minotaur Companion does this on several maps, including Merchant Prince Folly Skirmish: with tree's & plants!

NOTE: You can still click on the completely OPEN & EMPTY cages, yet it really seems to be not aligned to the story your trying to sell. Seems the Cages in all similar missions, almost always start OPEN rather than closed with hostages inside.

Thank You!
    Mintoaur can do this with any vegetation whatsoever, the first time I saw it happen was on the Stronghold map doing an influence run where the bushes went nuts and the last time I saw it happen was at a river District digsite where it made a whole tree bend sideways almost 45 degrees. This is a gamewide thing affecting any foliage, it also affects smoke if you're near a smoking lantern in a dungeon and is connected to the realistic physics of the game (like when you move past some grass and it moves for realism as you pass it then returns back to stationary, or the wind blows a tree branch around a bit). It's done it since day one of the Minotaur's release. I was hesitant to point it out because if they try to fix the graphical issue they may reduce the effective pull of the Minotaur which is perfect and needs to be left alone. But yea, it's gamewide where there are plants and trees and not any specific map.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    Feedback: When you speak to Flapjack, your looking into the Floor; can't see his eyes!
    ╘ Just seems where they positioned the camera at, all you see is his arms. :s

• Options
    trixie#1796 trixie Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Bug In the intro quest (second part) the princess to save was a solid pink male NPC
    Bug? In the intro quests (first part) all the ships and ?bug ships? where just blue-gray ghosts (might supposed to be like that)
    Feedback In the intro quest (first part) Lieutenant X (guarding the crystal) had 2x as many HP as she needs (bored of the fight before she it 50%)
  • Options
    fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    Getting Collect Orc Equipment Repeatable before Progression Quest
    I got the repeatable quest to collect orc equipment on Byzunov from Captain Sartell before completing the corresponding progression/story quest "Rough Around the Edges".

Map Feedback
    Map-making has always been nice in this game and especially Planet Byzunov gives me good vibes. Not sure it's the orcs or the environment, but really takes me back to my early WoW days (in a good way). Also very coherent and unique map.

Maps are usually good so I wish they could be four times as big. That way you could incorporate alleys that you walk through or above it. Or a mountain you can climb from different directions. Or larger encampments, etc. Mod 22 came close in terms of size, but it still has these large areas you could not interact with at all and its flow was pretty single-lane-y.

Maps need room to tell a story and good ones make you want to discover their secrets without a quest path. Always liked Dwarven Valley in that regard.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited October 2023
    You can jump off an asteroid and fall below the world. You then have to use defeat me from the menus to get back to dry land.

I'd like to second a post in another feedback thread about the need to fix stronghold bugs (pricey decorations that we cannot donate). You guys need to get on the ball and start fixing these longstanding bugs.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    ig0turnumb3rig0turnumb3r Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    So I was on preview today an was happy about lot I seen then I saw all of the gear that required ad to get from 200,000 to 500,000 I absolutely refuse to pay that this needs to stop making players pay that much for gear that binds to character on equip this is a must change
  • Options
    edited October 2023

So I was on preview today an was happy about lot I seen then I saw all of the gear that required ad to get from 200,000 to 500,000 I absolutely refuse to pay that this needs to stop making players pay that much for gear that binds to character on equip this is a must change

I honestly believe they aren't thinking wisely by making all Gear Bind to Character on Pickup.

Dragonslayer was nicer as you could finish 1 character through campaign, and then at least buy 1 or 2 pieces to help a 2nd, 3rd or possibly a 4th character through starting the campaign--this was incentive to do the campaign on more characters.

If people are spending the diamonds to help ALTs get a little better gear, what's the issue as it encourages a Diamond sink? I mean you see them allowing Account Bind on Pickup in Master Dungeons, and Trials and those don't even cost diamonds.

Only issue is only a very small percentage (perhaps less than 5% or 10% of players) do latest Master's dungeons, when the gear is most desirable.
  • Options
    earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User

A couple of things that probably you already know about but just in case:
    the barb off hand is giving 20k awareness.. it should be 2k

you have doubled up the neck/belts in the bazar instead of putting the neck/belt for the other artifact set

Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    I believe the Draining Choker also gives one stat with xx,HAMSTER as well.
  • Options
    deadmano#4272 deadmano Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    I can't seem to find a feedback thread for post-launch Spelljammer, so I'm just going to add my thoughts here.

As usual, the environment/art is phenomenal, always has been, with some having more polish than others and this module is no exception. However, once you take out the mobs on each planet/asteroid, the few heroics (that repeat across said areas), as well as 1 named enemy from each; what have you? The areas, while visually stunning, leave me yearning for more.

I feel the biggest offender (especially in recent times) is the lack of NPC "liveliness". In earlier modules they used to interact with each other, have unique/funny dialogues in the open world (not via triggered dialogue), but they've now all but gone mute save for the quest givers. When I boarded the Moondancer for the very first time I expected the crew to have varied personalities, to at some point chime in to a shanty of sorts; but there was none, just the empty eerie envelopment of space itself.

Menzoberranzan was a prime example of this; so many NPCs walking the streets, but no chatter? Market places, bustling streets all shrouded in silence? Please consider this, because that is what really draws me in to the setting and keeps it from being a rush/skip playthrough.