What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

M27 Paladin Updates Feedback

13»

Comments

• Options
    maarte#2715 maarte Member Posts: 40 Arc User

So I did an RTQ 2 days in a row where a Fighter tank was able to hold aggro over me even after I used all my divinity dropping smite, the agro never switched over once. I tried using Templar's wrath and did 3 and added a smite at the end and still could not take agro. I checked his gear and he did not even have the agro helmet. Paladins are junk. Please offer in the zen store class reroll and I bet there will be a mass exodus from this garbage class. From what I heard they are not even allowing you to make the changes you want because they are sticking with the dev, that left the company, ideas which put the paladin in this awful state that it is in. I've been playing nothing but paladin since mod 10 and this is how disgusted I'm am with the current state of the class. I wonder how many other paladins would be willing to use a class reroll, if offered, if the paladin update does not put the paladin in a better state of game play? Come on no one is willing to address the conundrum of the only double utility class in the game ever since they reduced 3 paragon choices to 2. You want to know why Blessed wanderer is just plain awful? 20% increase is meaningless when we have no real DPS output in the first place. 20% more of nothing is nothing. Do the math.

Oh Btw when they did class reworks on other classes like wizards, who are now the DPS kings, they didn't just change them to be in line with other classes they out right made them the best. All I see is in the paladin forums is we are trying to make paladins closer in line to other tanks and healers, not as good just closer. I guess the Jokes on us.

Paladins have been the joke we need Forte reworked where instead of deflect severity we have either crit avoid or awareness to be in line with the other tanks then after that we need divinity to not give us -10% from draining divinity lol theres just a whole lot wrong with paladins a overhaul is needed but your right it doesn’t seem to be the intention of this so called rework.

• Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited October 2023

So I did an RTQ 2 days in a row where a Fighter tank was able to hold aggro over me even after I used all my divinity dropping smite, the agro never switched over once. I tried using Templar's wrath and did 3 and added a smite at the end and still could not take agro. I checked his gear and he did not even have the agro helmet. Paladins are junk. Please offer in the zen store class reroll and I bet there will be a mass exodus from this garbage class. From what I heard they are not even allowing you to make the changes you want because they are sticking with the dev, that left the company, ideas which put the paladin in this awful state that it is in. I've been playing nothing but paladin since mod 10 and this is how disgusted I'm am with the current state of the class. I wonder how many other paladins would be willing to use a class reroll, if offered, if the paladin update does not put the paladin in a better state of game play? Come on no one is willing to address the conundrum of the only double utility class in the game ever since they reduced 3 paragon choices to 2. You want to know why Blessed wanderer is just plain awful? 20% increase is meaningless when we have no real DPS output in the first place. 20% more of nothing is nothing. Do the math.

Oh Btw when they did class reworks on other classes like wizards, who are now the DPS kings, they didn't just change them to be in line with other classes they out right made them the best. All I see is in the paladin forums is we are trying to make paladins closer in line to other tanks and healers, not as good just closer. I guess the Jokes on us.

Paladins have been the joke we need Forte reworked where instead of deflect severity we have either crit avoid or awareness to be in line with the other tanks.
    I mean this is the part I agree with above, still I really hope they switch Forte instead of giving Deflect Severity; to make it Crit Avoidance or Awareness! It seems like a very minor and easy to make change, it will at least go a long way to making a meaningful change to Paladin tanks, and this along with the changes to Aura combined will make them more desirable to play.

I still hope @rgutscheradev will consider at least that, lately I've noticed a lot more Guardian and Barbarian tanks the last 3-6 months in various Queue's & in LFG.

All one can do is hope..
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • Options
    deadmano#4272 deadmano Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    @rgutscheradev not sure if it is too late, but any chance the cooldown/animation on the regular (shift) block can be removed? Not sure if my latency or what, but there is a brief window where if I put my shield down and try to raise it again, nothing happens. This can lead to a lot of frustration and unnecessary deaths.

If you're feeling generous, I would also ask that the Divine Palisade cooldown be removed; it can easily be cancelled on high latency so you're kinda SoL when in a bind. I don't mind paying the extra divinity cost if it got cancelled and I have to activate it again, since if I need it I need it.
  • Options
    knowfear4#5964 knowfear4 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Can we get a class reroll option we can buy in the zen store. Then you can rename the Paladin class to Court Jester.
  • Options
    dracul#0910 dracul Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Devs, any news about the rework of Knight's Valor from the Fighter Vanguard to NOT drain the threat from other tanks ? Barbarian and Paladin tanks can't be hostage of this dirty trick in Trials and Skirmishes anymore. This is a huge unbalance on threat generation in the game and needs to be fixed. The Fighter Tank can't be a spoiled child who is the only one allowed to cheat. Please rework Knight's Valor !
  • Options
    mammabear64#5831 mammabear64 Member Posts: 1 New User
    All I want to say is I fully agree with the shield animation is no good, It really makes is very difficult to see if she is shielded or not.
    But other then that I find the new changes refreshing and keeping her item level lower does make a differance. And I have to admit keeping EVERY ONE even my little roque`s alive has been much easier. Thanks for the changes.