test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unbind Tokens

greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,096 Arc User
What's the point of them if we can't unbind something worthwhile?
I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.

Comments

• Options
    trinity706#8838 trinity706 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    To be able to say they did "something"? (even though that something is quite limited in it's capacity)

Wasn't even upset after buying a Tiamat's Arcane Globe and finding out it couldn't be unbound LoL. More so quite pleased now because it's currently going for over twice the amount paid.

Thought about suggesting character bound equipment being able to be unbound to account bound, then decided against it because it would go along with "create a problem and sell the solution".
    ALL Rights Reserved for any and all suggestions, ideas, etc. from this user.

“There are changes that can be made that don’t require coding...” - TriNitY
    "No amount of coding will change human behavior" - TriNitY

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

Suggestions: (Implemented) \/\/ Rearrange Character on character Select Screen
  • Options
    melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    I have used it a few times, works well on the forgehammer of gondor. I have 10 workshops so I was able to give each a Mythic forgehammer tool with one unbound artifact. Also, unbound a few of the older artifacts that I had worked on and sold them at the AH. (used to work well for Staff of Flowers and the Eye of Lathander and some other of the older artifacts.)

I am hoping they will allow you to unbind food items, scrolls of life and mass life and health stones at some point as those just keep piling up in my inventory. currently have no real use for any of it and I seem to get way more than I actually use. Pretty sure I still have BtC food items from 2019. Health stones kind of the same way as they seem to drop as often as scrolls of life or mass life but I do not do any content that requires stones of health as I have not the IL on my toons for the content where I would use them. (in general any master content)

Actually have plenty of use for scrolls of life but mine never show up as an available item to use so they just sit in my inventory and I refuse to use a scroll of mass life just to revive myself so the stuff pretty much rarely gets used.

• Options
    It seems more like a case of "we gave you what you asked for. Don't blame us if you can't find anything to use them on."

Melotai, I've gotten so many Eyes over they years that all my characters have at least one. Any new ones tend to tossed out.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    They said that it was too hard to unbind mounts and companions because of how they impact the overall stats of your account, but unfortunately that's exactly what needs to be unbound. If it can be calculated when added, it can be calculated when subtracted. It's just the will to do it is not there.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,136 Arc User
    For some of us old timers we have some old stuff that we want to either sell of give away. I have a stable of over 30 toons so being able to give them some hand me down stuff is amazing.

What I wish they would let is unbind is appearance items. I have some stuff pre-mod 16 and they just don't suit the character I have them on. (Like some of the ol dragon bone stuff from the dragon zones). I'd love to be able to sell or hell even give them away.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • Options

They said that it was too hard to unbind mounts and companions because of how they impact the overall stats of your account, but unfortunately that's exactly what needs to be unbound. If it can be calculated when added, it can be calculated when subtracted. It's just the will to do it is not there.

I can understand that IF the comp/mount was already bound. But in the case of, oh, Elminster's Simulacrum, that comes BtA but hasn't yet been used, should be unbindable.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,229 Arc User
    edited June 2023
    greywynd said:

I can understand that IF the comp/mount was already bound. But in the case of, oh, Elminster's Simulacrum, that comes BtA but hasn't yet been used, should be unbindable.
    Hmmm! Elminster's Simulacrum is not bound.

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    I'm aware, thanks. I was trying to think of something else and drew a blank, so grabbed that. I also happen to have one on a character that is bound and flagged as already opened, so there is that, as well.

The point I'm trying to make is that anything not directly nailed to the character that is bound, should be unbindable. I'm not talking about any of the reclaimables (artifacts, enchants, etc) or pulling a mount out of the stable/pasture, or companion out of the bunkhouse.

But how about the weapons from Vallenhas? There is absolutely no reason why those weapons are BoP. Of all the characters I have and all those weapons I've gotten, only my Warlock got the one he could use.
  • Options
    bluffy#8585 bluffy Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I'd be happy if comps & mounts could be unbound from char, but remain bound to account. At least then I can use them.
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Rings from MTOS, and other trials should be unbindable. So people can make profit selling them, and cryptic make profit selling unbind tokens. The economy must move, the AH is the best AD sink in the game but if there is nothing to sell, well you know.

The most player activity occurs when people can farm dungeons, everyone that is a veteran in this game knows this. People farmed dungeons like crazy, original castle never, malabog castle, etc. Then binding started to be a trend, and people only farmed new dungeons for themselves. Once they got what they wanted, was over.

TOMM changed this and people farmed it like crazy, selling rings and artifacts. Can someone tell me why this is not the norm? lot of people playing, organizing runs, training, etc. Unbinding tokens was a very good opportunity to make dungeon items sellable with a control on them (tokens) so it could be a win for everyone.

Why this is not the case? My unbinding tokens are taking dust, im not interested in sell old artifacts.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options

I'd be happy if comps & mounts could be unbound from char, but remain bound to account. At least then I can use them.

Which are two things that, once bound to a character, messes with things behind the curtain. Something that was pointed out when originally asked for, and explained as to why they can't be unbound.
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    in a digital world anything is possible if the will is there.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    Didn't want to start a new topic (might do so anyway lol).

Can there be an icon added to an artifact's tooltip/inspection window that indicates if it can be unbound? IYKYK

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

• Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 408 Arc User
    Good idea... how many times do I right click to check the menu, then second guess that it's not showing me everything because it's protected, so I unprotect it and do it again, then re-protect it. Especially now that we have artifacts where some can be unbound and some can't...
  • Options
    Got Tiamat's Arcane Globe for under 1kk back when it first came out and was disappointed to realize that it couldn't be unbound... Still haven't used it because of that.

Not sure why all non-reclaimable artifacts are not just unbindable by default now.