test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Demons Wings Update

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 56 Community Manager
Hello Adventurers! This morning, it came to light that the Hero's Path's Mythic Adventurer Choice Pack included a reward that was meant to be exclusive to the Shadowy Flight lockbox. We are going to be removing the Demon Wings from the Mythic Adventurer Choice Pack and sending an apology gift to anyone who already claimed the wings from the Hero's Path. After these changes, adventurers who unlocked the Demon Wings from the Hero's Path will still be able to keep their wings, and the Demon Wings mount will still be obtainable from the Lockbox of Shadowy Flight.

Comments

• Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited September 2023
    You are going to:
    * Let those who already claimed the wings keep them
    * And send them an apology gift?
    * And make the wings very hard to get for the rest of us that are close to getting them?

Maybe you should rethink that.. either your reformulate what you wrote, or if I understood it correctly maybe realize this will make a LOT of players unhappy?
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited September 2023
    No matter what they do, people will be unhappy.

If they do nothing, people who claimed wings will be unhappy because they could have choice other companion (much more expensive than now the mount)

If they do this, people who didnt claim it will be unhappy because you know, they didnt take advantage. We still dont know what the compensation is, I dont think it will be worth 3 or 4 Million AD that cost golden companions more than the mount.

I think you should be more carefull with "exclusive" things.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User

* And make the wings very hard to get for the rest of us that are close to getting them?

How is it making it harder? Buying the Wings off the AH or opening lockboxes is easier (and cheaper) than completing the Hero's Path is.
  • Options
    jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    Unfortunate mistake, probably should have just left it alone instead of making it a reason for people to unlock the latest box. Hope its better than the planar box. There were a couple of good ones this year but the planar box wasn't one of them.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited September 2023
    What makes Shadowy Flight lockbox so special that it has to have an exclusive mount?
    Why does Cryptic spend extra effort and resource to remove the Demon Wings from the Mythic Adventurer Choice Pack and sending an apology gift?
    It is not easy to get Mythic Adventurer Choice Pack. One has to reach 90K item level. I would say they expand that choice pack to have more choices instead of reducing it.
    It is easy to buy Demon Wings - Account from AH or from the lockbox.

Nobody considers that is a 'mistake'. Cryptic created a 'mistake' which does not have to be a mistake.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    So the new "capstone" reward from the Hero's Path will be a Mythic Insignia? Demon Wings were great because they were unique. I would suggest replacing it with a different reward that you can't get somewhere else.
  • Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 407 Arc User
    Sounds like we need a "anything ever created" choice pack that can be an exclusive reward wherever one is needed =)
  • Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    edited September 2023

Hello Adventurers! This morning, it came to light that the Hero's Path's Mythic Adventurer Choice Pack included a reward that was meant to be exclusive to the Shadowy Flight lockbox. We are going to be removing the Demon Wings from the Mythic Adventurer Choice Pack and sending an apology gift to anyone who already claimed the wings from the Hero's Path. After these changes, adventurers who unlocked the Demon Wings from the Hero's Path will still be able to keep their wings, and the Demon Wings mount will still be obtainable from the Lockbox of Shadowy Flight.

While don't want to be sound as rude and disrespectful. But are you serious ??

Various similar like issue happened thorough years, and it's appear company always apply same solution.. Which created one of non writen rule within Neverwinter online, call a tradition if you will.
    If you find glitch, you do not report it, but try preserve it.. And in same time exploiting it as much you can.
    Once you take advantage or everyone notice it, you rush to report it. Or if staff notice it( if notice at all) not only let you keep what you manage to get from exploiting game flaw, they also gona send you a gift as appology...

Essentially if I take advanage of game issue, or claimed stuffs which was not intended. I am rewarded for such action. And rest of playerbase get punished for failing to take advantage of game issue..

And this keep going for years,, againg and again and again and yet again...

So while this current issue is not major, the thing is that failing to finally get over with this tradition, only welcoming players to not report game issues.
    Sure all games get issues, that's unavoidable. But to let some palyers keep items which were not meant to be obtained. And then block rest of playerbase to obtain same stuffs in same manner.. That's just insult for all playerbase..

Now what I think would be better is keep wings in pack.. Just make slight altering to wings in pack. I think there is ways to slighly change it. So it would be slightly different from version which is in lockbox..
    Post edited by hadestemplar#9918 on
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options
    It's two months since release. I call bs on "this morning" lol. But hey, "we're dumb" is still a lot smarter marketing than "HAHA!".
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    This doesn't affect me because I doubt I will ever be bothered to try that hard to reach IL 90, but I still have an opinion and that is that it was several months that this went unnoticed by the company and someone put that code onto the live server so that the mount was distributed and operating, but no-one at Cryptic noticed, even though they have all the stats on anything and everything to know who gets what and when and who does what and when, they have always been able to look back and see EVERYTHING that goes on, so this is just gross incompetence and a result of the people running the game not being on the ball and monitoring what is going on, are they just staying at home working from home but not really working from home (if u know what I mean) these days? But it also could actually look to me like someone made a decision to reverse this action and override a decision already made by someone else and approved and actioned, because they didn't agree with it or maybe the new lockbox needed something special in it and they had nothing to use so they decided to steal an item from the Mythic Adventurer's Choice pack because they knew not that many people get to IL 90 compared to the overall playerbase population numbers and they thought it was worth upsetting those people to find an item to put in their precious money-making lockbox, I don't know, but once again Cryptic has intentionally performed an action which will upset the best spenders and oldest permanent players and some of them will have had enough of this ridiculousness with it being the proverbial straw everyone faces at some point, and they will leave in disgust. It's almost like the company wants to kill the game.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    irene#2829 irene Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited September 2023

It's two months since release. I call bs on "this morning" lol. But hey, "we're dumb" is still a lot smarter marketing than "HAHA!".

What happened is that players got to 90k and unboxed the demon wing.
    Recently, they released a new lootbox and it contains demon wing.
    Hence the 90k player got upset as the milestone reward is no longer unique, even a new player can unbox it the next minute

Initially I side the players' perspective and help vouch/ feedback to developers to allow players to repick the reward. I think many will prefer a golden companion.

Today, I won't side the players. After using discord for some time, I learned that they are man-childs. For example they can be aggressive in downvoting suggestion/ideas and threaten people not to post anything that doesn't interest them, or they will apply the ban hammer. You give them something for free and they ask for more. Shameless and selfish.

Their attitude disappoint me to the max.

Know this : When I get to 90k, it was before developers apply the hero's path patch. there is no reward. I get to 90k anyway because I want to be the best. Look at the man childs crying here and there over a 90k free gift, part of me wants to facepalm with developers.
    Post edited by irene#2829 on
  • Options

What happened is that players got to 90k and unboxed the demon wing.
    Recently, they released a new lootbox and it contains demon wing.
    Hence the 90k player got upset as the milestone reward is no longer unique, even a new player can unbox it the next minute

Initially I side the players' perspective and help vouch/ feedback to developers to allow players to repick the reward. I think many will prefer a golden companion.

Today, I won't side the players. After using discord for some time, I learned that they are man-childs. For example they can be aggressive in downvoting suggestion/ideas and threaten people not to post anything that doesn't interest them, or they will apply the ban hammer. You give them something for free and they ask for more. Shameless and selfish.

Their attitude disappoint me to the max.

Know this : When I get to 90k, it was before developers apply the hero's path patch. there is no reward. I get to 90k anyway because I want to be the best. Look at the man childs crying here and there over a 90k free gift, part of me wants to facepalm with developers.
    Complaining about cry-babies while you seem to have changed your reasoning over some sort of incident on discord is quite interesting. Either way, not giving out a unique reward for maxing out your character is kinda weak. Feel free to file it under "nobody is ever going to be satisfied" but that's too easy. You're right, we did max characters before Hero's Path without any reward. But now that there is a system that directly ties into character progression, it's fair to criticize the capstone that doesn't contain anything that a truly maxed character can use at that point. It's simply bad design.

And for the rest: Cryptic unfortunately hasn't really earned the benefit of the doubt, and that's hardly the player's fault...
  • Options
    irene#2829 irene Member Posts: 159 Arc User

But now that there is a system that directly ties into character progression, it's fair to criticize the capstone that doesn't contain anything that a truly maxed character can use at that point. It's simply bad design.
    And for the rest: Cryptic unfortunately hasn't really earned the benefit of the doubt, and that's hardly the player's fault...

Cryptic did throw in a generous offer of golden companion / demon wing, so the system is fair. For many weeks, there were no complaints.

Things happened today because cryptic decides to sell demon wing as a lootbox, which is fair - they should be able to sell whatever things they have recently made such as the 3D demon wings. That's where selfishness and greed from players surfaced. Not difficult to guess - They don't want you to have their demon wing so they can be unique. Next if it's not possible to stop the lootbox, then they want the golden companion instead.

So in your perspective Cryptic opened a can of worms, which is true. However why is it that none suggested a unique title? None suggest upgrading the lootbox with an even better reward? Because that's where that attitude goes. Selfish and Greedy. They will not think about the others. Before this lootbox incident, they also feedback about Clerics. As a result Clerics got a nerf, and till this day, they are 'bullying' the clerics. Some tanks even kill the cleric on purpose by standing next to them. Clerics feedback that the play is now slower and more chunky, and they don't care. They are not trying to fix the game. They are trying to fix only their character and their desires. With this attitude, how can I side them? I can't.
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User

But now that there is a system that directly ties into character progression, it's fair to criticize the capstone that doesn't contain anything that a truly maxed character can use at that point. It's simply bad design.

Before this lootbox incident, they also feedback about Clerics. As a result Clerics got a nerf, and till this day, they are 'bullying' the clerics. Some tanks even kill the cleric on purpose by standing next to them. Clerics feedback that the play is now slower and more chunky, and they don't care. They are not trying to fix the game. They are trying to fix only their character and their desires. With this attitude, how can I side them? I can't.
    Blame the warlocks. They caused this.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    Why would a tank try to kill the healer in a dungeon?