test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

2x glory

lunartic666lunartic666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 53 Arc User
I think event like this, based on dead content it's a little bit illogical.
Not that i don't want it, because i want to play pvp.
Idk. maybe update pvp store, last update was around mod 17 so it's 4 years ago. Just check pvp collections if you want to know there is any reason to give players event like this.

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Look at the active PVP players to see if there is any reason for an event like this.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    Cryptic killed PVP by not dealing with the toxic behavior of players.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Number of active pvp players is because of 'reasons', one of them i stated in first post.
    And what actually is toxicity? Not beeing nice to eachother? You can't always be nice to eachother, that means someting is wrong.
    Or maybe toxicity is abusing broken class builds, items, powers etc. Proper pvpers i know don't do that.
    So basically cryptic killed pvp with the series of bad updates and now mocking us with 2x glory event.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    edited September 2023
    This is just a filler event with the main course of Hell Pit to make the calendar looks rich.
    2x Glory: filler for the first week. People ignore it and will do whatever they usually do.
    2x Refining stone: filler for the 2nd week. People will do whatever they usually do regardless if this event is on or not.
    2x Professions: filler for the 3rd week. Most people will do whatever they usually do regardless if this event is on or not.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    Ok it's filler event i can agree, but it kinda moved me here on forum to point out something, it's not the event itself but the whole pvp thing.
    So they should either fix pvp to make it playable with some kind of rewards, or completly remove pvp from neverwinter, no queues no pvp maps, no gear, so players like me will have no doubts if they should quit this game for good.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    They can't remove it due to the open world aspect of Icewind Dale zones.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User

Ok it's filler event i can agree, but it kinda moved me here on forum to point out something, it's not the event itself but the whole pvp thing.
    So they should either fix pvp to make it playable with some kind of rewards, or completly remove pvp from neverwinter, no queues no pvp maps, no gear, so players like me will have no doubts if they should quit this game for good.

1. They don't want to spend time and resource to remove something and get no money returns.
    2. They don't want people like you to quit for good.

In short, there is no incentive for them to remove it for good.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    edited September 2023

Number of active pvp players is because of 'reasons', one of them i stated in first post.
    And what actually is toxicity? Not beeing nice to eachother? You can't always be nice to eachother, that means someting is wrong.
    Or maybe toxicity is abusing broken class builds, items, powers etc. Proper pvpers i know don't do that.
    So basically cryptic killed pvp with the series of bad updates and now mocking us with 2x glory event.

I was playing PVP in the first year or so the game was around, played it for a few years, used to PUG it like everyone did, and it used to have a certain vibe and people enjoyed it, it was fun like it should be. There was a sense of good sportsmanship going on with (most) everyone who played it, even when a team won pretty early on and it was a done deal and the other side didn't have a hope of coming back, everyone would stand as one group on one base and each side would go on and off the bases at once taking turns and let the other side cap the base so both sides got points, and we'd continue doing that until the timer ran out. People enjoyed it and people played it and the queue popped normally. Of course there were some dodgy people, like the guy who used to play TR and hack the game and jump off the map and hit from outside it so you couldn't attack him back, so basically cheating, there always are dodgy people in any online forum, but the majority of players who did PVP back then were an OK bunch who were cool to hang out with and PVP was active and the queue worked fine.

But what I meant in my post above was that over time the toxicity gradually got greater than the nice people, and it was the general consensus by everyone who used to play but no longer did, that they stopped playing exactly because of that toxicity. They stated this openly and still do. We were all vocal about it and Cryptic didn't monitor that chatter apparently, which is purely on them, because if they had been on the ball and in touch with their own playerbase and what was happening, they could have taken measures to deal with it. Those who had enjoyed it and played it often, like myself, just stopped and gave up on it because it was no longer worth it, it was too unpleasant to be a punching bag for a sociopath who just wanted to see you suffer and would do anything possible to not even let you get one point the entire match if they could have it that way. Just pure cruelty and sociopathy. And the numbers all died. We all voted with our feet. And the queue stopped working. So toxicity killed PVP and Cryptic never addressed it. And we have what we have today because of it. People queue for it and nothing happens, they can wait hours and nothing, every so often someone asks in PE zone chat if the queue works and people say no it's dead and try open PVP but not likely many people are there, and they just give up and go elsewhere. The only thing Neverwinter PVP is good for now is pvt groups who can organize numbers in advance.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 407 Arc User
    It comes to life a bit each year with the April Fowls event. At least, that's the only time I try it.