test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

breaking things and neglecting to fix them

uhglok#9624 uhglok Member Posts: 20 Arc User
i find it sad that they break things and neglect to fix them i mean look at all the bugs in the random queues we do that they have known of for some time yet nothing is done about them. instead they force folks to experience the frustration and aggravation of dealing with them on a continual basis to me it is very poor customer service and a lack of concern for the peoples playing experience they bestow upon us. we get excuses or lies but never fixes. anyways i just find it disheartening :/

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    SNAFU
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    Ring of fire is still floating 3 feet in the air during Kabal. Seems they just don't have the time to fix it. But they do have the time to change the way the people disappear in HE's in the stronghold. By the way, are the red pools in CR fixed yet? I haven't done it in a while. My guess is no.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • Options
    uhglok#9624 uhglok Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    nope no fixes but theyre aware of it and looking into it hehe
  • Options
    jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    I am sick of being told I cant use that power while dazed in demogorgon, once that starts a few minutes into the game it never stops and the only thing I can contribute is dragon fire every 30 seconds. It is a bug and a very annoying one, I hope this gets fixed.
  • Options
    masteryoda#6623 masteryoda Member Posts: 267 Arc User

i find it sad that they break things and neglect to fix them i mean look at all the bugs in the random queues we do that they have known of for some time yet nothing is done about them. instead they force folks to experience the frustration and aggravation of dealing with them on a continual basis to me it is very poor customer service and a lack of concern for the peoples playing experience they bestow upon us. we get excuses or lies but never fixes. anyways i just find it disheartening :/

Have you ever worked in game development? Do you know how much code needs to be looked through and how many team members they have on any given task? Not only is this a free game which relies on people to spend real money inorder for them to make a profit, its a very free to play game there is so much you can do and never have to pay a single penny for, ofcourse they are making money with their store however do you know the financials? Do you know how much money they have made or lost in the past year? While it can seem like bugs and glitches should be easy to fix when you actually look into the code you may not notice the problem or may not know how to fix it, or may discover you have to pass it on to a different team within the pipe line. do you know how user friendly the coding is? I think it's would be a little naive to make all those claims without knowing the answers to these and a few other questions.
  • Options
    Do you know how many people they laid off in the fairly recent past who most likely could have been pointed at bug fixes?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    fritz#8093 fritz Member Posts: 439 Arc User

Have you ever worked in game development? Do you know how much code needs to be looked through and how many team members they have on any given task? Not only is this a free game which relies on people to spend real money inorder for them to make a profit, its a very free to play game there is so much you can do and never have to pay a single penny for, ofcourse they are making money with their store however do you know the financials? Do you know how much money they have made or lost in the past year? While it can seem like bugs and glitches should be easy to fix when you actually look into the code you may not notice the problem or may not know how to fix it, or may discover you have to pass it on to a different team within the pipe line. do you know how user friendly the coding is? I think it's would be a little naive to make all those claims without knowing the answers to these and a few other questions.

So I understand you would buy rotten apples because nobody gets how hard it is to grow them overseas, harvest at the right time to account for the travel so they can arrive at the perfect condition?

I get your point is that the game is "free", but a game is never "free" even though you might not pay actual dollars. For someone who claims to know the industry, your post is pretty ignorant.
  • Options

So I understand you would buy rotten apples because nobody gets how hard it is to grow them overseas, harvest at the right time to account for the travel so they can arrive at the perfect condition?

I get your point is that the game is "free", but a game is never "free" even though you might not pay actual dollars. For someone who claims to know the industry, your post is pretty ignorant.
    You clearly don't get my point if your trying to compare neverwinter to purchasing rotten apples, there is no comparison there, again neverwinter is a free game and you are not at any point forced to pay for anything, you can go all the way to end game and not spend a single penny, if your going to claim your paying with time, you can try that old chestnut if you want but again when you look at majority of free to play games, most have some form of forced pay wall and all things absorb time, neverwinter does not have that totally forced paywall at any point, you want to talk about ignorance you just tried comparing a free game with purchasing rotten apples. You may not want to understand the devs point of view that is your perogative, but don't come calling me ignorant when I pose some questions that people should ask and try to understand before jumping on devs for claiming they are lazy or lying or claiming they don't fix anything that's the ignorance many gamers choose to hold, they have no idea of how pipe lines work how much work very few people have to get through and than here you come trying to compare it all to buying rotten apples.
  • Options
    Paying or not, all players are customers and trust me are treated as such internally. If anything, they provide "content" for whales with their invested time and no matter how you spin it, players always invest in ways which are valuable to the developer.

As customers you have the right to complain about the product (rotten apples, unfixed bugs). Why these issues are present is none of the customers' concern. That's for the company to figure out. There are always reasons why tickets get left behind, but again, why should the players care? This is not some sort of voluntary beta test, it's a finished product and business.
  • Options

Paying or not, all players are customers and trust me are treated as such internally. If anything, they provide "content" for whales with their invested time and no matter how you spin it, players always invest in ways which are valuable to the developer.

As customers you have the right to complain about the product (rotten apples, unfixed bugs). Why these issues are present is none of the customers' concern. That's for the company to figure out. There are always reasons why tickets get left behind, but again, why should the players care? This is not some sort of voluntary beta test, it's a finished product and business.

1st it's not a finished product it's an ongoing live service as long as they keep adding new things the game it's not a finished product.

2nd yes customers can complain regardless but if your going to be ignorant to the reason why they may have trouble fixing every bug and glitch than don't be surprised that your complaints fall on deaf ears, or that you don't get regular updates on how things are going as you wouldn't care regardless as you pretty much stated.

3rd customers should care because you will get better communication from the developer if you don't just sound like a ignorant baby throwing their toys out the pram. Show a level of understanding and not only will you be more likely to recieve updates but you will spend alot less time wasting in forums being angry at the devs.

But ofcourse again its your perogative to be ignorant or not. But it only says more about the customer who choices ignorance than it does the free to play game that you choosing to play.

Yes ofcourse they are going to try to persuade you to buy things as that's the only way they make money however there is no pay wall you can't pass simply by playing the game, even their premium currency can be earned by other players taking advantage of other players desire to spend their money vs time.
  • Options
    I love it when people bang-on about 'free-to-play', as if that in some way addresses all the bugs and errors we have to deal with.
  • Options

I love it when people bang-on about 'free-to-play', as if that in some way addresses all the bugs and errors we have to deal with.

Go download unreal engine and see how long it takes you to build a free mmo game similar to neverwinter with no bugs than come back and say how developers don't address bugs and how free to play means nothing
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User
    edited July 2023

Go download unreal engine and see how long it takes you to build a free mmo game similar to neverwinter with no bugs than come back and say how developers don't address bugs and how free to play means nothing
    1. How does the game is 'free to play' or not have anything to do with bug and bug fixing?
    2. 'Free to play' does not mean the company does not earn any revenue from the game to properly maintain the game like any 'not free to play' game.
    3. Having bug is common (I agree) does not mean the bugs should not be fixed in timely manner. Keyword: timely.
    4. Nobody said it would be bug free. All program has bug. The so call 'bug free' one is just the program's bugs have not been discovered yet.
    5. This game is not freeware. 'Free to play' is not freeware. 'Free to play' is a business model to earn money.
    6. It is "Cryptic does not maintain the game properly". It is not "because it is 'free-to-play'. Hence, Cryptic does not maintain the game properly".
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options

1. How does the game is 'free to play' or not have anything to do with bug and bug fixing?
    2. 'Free to play' does not mean the company does not earn any revenue from the game to properly maintain the game like any 'not free to play' game.
    3. Having bug is common (I agree) does not mean the bugs should not be fixed in timely manner. Keyword: timely.
    4. Nobody said it would be bug free. All program has bug. The so call 'bug free' one is just the program's bugs have not been discovered yet.
    5. This game is not freeware. 'Free to play' is not freeware.
    6. It is "Cryptic does not maintain the game properly". It is not "because it is 'free-to-play'. Hence, Cryptic does not maintain the game properly".
    Free to play as I have stated previously, in game where there is no solid forced pay wall means the devs have limited resources to hire and employ enough people to fix things in a 'timely' manner, yes free to play still has a revenue stream but its not equivalent to subscription and pay to play games who will be able to hire more skilled people simply because they are making more money, furthermore yes the way some people are going on here they are acting like there should never be bugs they are acting like the devs don't do anything but break things and leave them broken, without once asking themselves what could the reason s be that a given bug hasn't been fixed, there's no one talking about specific bugs just talking about bugs in general ignoring what does get fixed and only focusing on what isn't. Cryptic are maintain the game to the best of their abilities. Of course everyone can find something to moan about but again to totally act like all they do is break things and never fix them is ignorance and totally unfair to Cryptics developers.
  • Options

5. This game is not freeware. 'Free to play' is not freeware. 'Free to play' is a business model to earn money.
    Again if you think you can do better Il also set the challenge to you to go download unreal engine build an mmo like neverwinter and see how well you can maintain it
  • Options
    edited July 2023

Again if you think you can do better Il also set the challenge to you to go download unreal engine build an mmo like neverwinter and see how well you can maintain it
    What does if I can do better or not have anything to do with this? You are changing the topic. Just because I can or cannot, it does not have any bearing if Cryptic can or cannot. It is not relevant.

It is their business model. It is up to them to decide what is best for them. i.e. their bottom line. It is up to us to expect certain thing.
    It is up to them to decide if they can fulfil what the players want and expect.
    It is up to the players to complain and decide if they should walk away (I am not saying Cryptic cares about it).

By the way, after years of "training", I seldom complain anymore because I have lowered my expectation years ago. I don't expect they can fix bug in timely manner or at all. If they actually do (months or years later), I will just be surprised. However, this does not mean I consider it is okay. I consider complaining is indifferent, pointless and waste of time. Take it or leave it.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options

What does if I can do better or not have anything to do with this? You are changing the topic. Just because I can or cannot, it does not have any bearing if Cryptic can or cannot. It is not relevant.

It is their business model. It is up to them to decide what is best for them. i.e. their bottom line. It is up to us to expect certain thing.
    It is up to the players to complain and decide if they should walk away (I am not saying Cryptic cares about it).

By the way, after years of "training", I seldom complain anymore because I have lowered my expectation years ago. I don't expect they can fix bug in timely manner or at all. If they actually do (months or years later), I will just be surprised. However, this does not mean I consider it is okay. I consider complaining is indifferent, pointless and waste of time. Take it or leave it.
    It's relevant because it will show you how long it can take even a team of people to fix code, players are known for having unrealistic expectations of devs not realising how much work it is to keep a live service game going and to fix bugs even the comment 'timely' is meaningless if you/others don't have any idea what it takes to fix the problems they are complaining about, and it's not about never complaining its about not taking the HAMSTER and claiming the devs are liars and lazy and acting like they don't fix anything which some people this thread have been saying practically, complaining from a point of understanding is more constructive that just our write belittling people hard work.

Yes it is upto them to decide what they can and can't do and it's up to them to decide what is a 'timely' fix as they are in the position to know what the code looks like, but that's another thing they are always dealing with deadlines that are probably not reasonable if you actually are the people sitting there straining your eyes a going round in loops of quite possibly very messy and out dated coding, all this you can have an idea about if other people look into the job. Instead of just complaining from ignorance.

But now here's another thing if you would agree with me that complaining for the most part is a waste of time than why are you here defending them just curious, I mean to a degree i agree complaining is mostly useless, constructive criticism on the over hand can be useful. Which is another reason i consider recommending gamers get a taste of game development so not only do they know what it takes to fix bugs but also what it takes to create new content as well, might open alot of people's eyes not only to the hardships but also to what is easy or becoming easy so people don't waste £40 on a diablo 4 skin after pay £70-90 for the game (sorry going off on a tangent and unrelated game there)

For me I know bugs are going to always occur, but they will come and go, I know that alot of the developer team who actually doing most of the heavy lifting for cryptic are doing the best they can with the tools they have to work with, from ready their own employee reviews most of the people are good people but often inexperienced, dealing with some pretty junky engines, yes its cryptic need to hire more experienced people and maybe even consider updating alot of there underlying engines, but still no good throwing everyone under the bus. If a bug occurs il report it and maybe discuss it in the forums a bit but I'm not going to whine about and insult all the people working hard to make a pretty good game in my opinion its got its flaws what game doesn't after all.

• Options
    edited July 2023

It's relevant because it will show you how long it can take even a team of people to fix code, players are known for having unrealistic expectations of devs not realising how much work it is to keep a live service game going and to fix bugs even the comment 'timely' is meaningless if you/others don't have any idea what it takes to fix the problems they are complaining about, and it's not about never complaining its about not taking the HAMSTER and claiming the devs are liars and lazy and acting like they don't fix anything which some people this thread have been saying practically, complaining from a point of understanding is more constructive that just our write belittling people hard work.

Yes it is upto them to decide what they can and can't do and it's up to them to decide what is a 'timely' fix as they are in the position to know what the code looks like, but that's another thing they are always dealing with deadlines that are probably not reasonable if you actually are the people sitting there straining your eyes a going round in loops of quite possibly very messy and out dated coding, all this you can have an idea about if other people look into the job. Instead of just complaining from ignorance.

But now here's another thing if you would agree with me that complaining for the most part is a waste of time than why are you here defending them just curious, I mean to a degree i agree complaining is mostly useless, constructive criticism on the over hand can be useful. Which is another reason i consider recommending gamers get a taste of game development so not only do they know what it takes to fix bugs but also what it takes to create new content as well, might open alot of people's eyes not only to the hardships but also to what is easy or becoming easy so people don't waste £40 on a diablo 4 skin after pay £70-90 for the game (sorry going off on a tangent and unrelated game there)

For me I know bugs are going to always occur, but they will come and go, I know that alot of the developer team who actually doing most of the heavy lifting for cryptic are doing the best they can with the tools they have to work with, from ready their own employee reviews most of the people are good people but often inexperienced, dealing with some pretty junky engines, yes its cryptic need to hire more experienced people and maybe even consider updating alot of there underlying engines, but still no good throwing everyone under the bus. If a bug occurs il report it and maybe discuss it in the forums a bit but I'm not going to whine about and insult all the people working hard to make a pretty good game in my opinion its got its flaws what game doesn't after all.

I don't care how Cryptic behave anymore does not mean everybody else should not. If you consider I am defending them, I am defending they have the reason to be upset and very good reason too.

For the bug part, it is not about new bug from new feature. It is about making bug to the area that was working all along and not in the new area. I am in software development for 40 years. I had my development team and I still do coding. Yes, I fix bug all the time and still do. Cryptic's bug management/testing process is not "common".

I consider complaining is waste of time but it is just my opinion. My opinion is not fact. If others have the energy and time to complain, I defend their action as long as their complaint is valid.

You can give all the excuse to defend Cryptic. As a business, there is no excuse.

Note that: the keyword is Cryptic, the company. To the extent, the management, not the developers, the foot solders.

Yes, bugs should come and go. No, it is not the case in here. I have bugs reported through all channels including support for years. And, multiple responds from dev, etc. No, they were not fixed. No, I don't expect they will be anymore because they have been under the rugs for years and years to come. By the way, they closed the tickets even though they knew and admitted they were not fixed. That was one of the reasons I gave up asking Cryptic to fix them but to inform fellow players ("this is the way it is, tough.") when they encounter them.

By the way, who in this thread said dev are lazy and are liars? I must be missing something.
  • Options
    edited July 2023

I don't care how Cryptic behave anymore does not mean everybody else should not. If you consider I am defending them, I am defending they have the reason to be upset and very good reason too.

For the bug part, it is not about new bug from new feature. It is about making bug to the area that was working all along and not in the new area. I am in software development for 40 years. I had my development team and I still do coding. Yes, I fix bug all the time and still do. Cryptic's bug management/testing process is not "common".

I consider complaining is waste of time but it is just my opinion. My opinion is not fact. If others have the energy and time to complain, I defend their action as long as their complaint is valid.

You can give all the excuse to defend Cryptic. As a business, there is no excuse.

Note that: the keyword is Cryptic, the company. To the extent, the management, not the developers, the foot solders.

Yes, bugs should come and go. No, it is not the case in here. I have bugs reported through all channels including support for years. And, multiple responds from dev, etc. No, they were not fixed. No, I don't expect they will be anymore because they have been under the rugs for years and years to come. By the way, they closed the tickets even though they knew and admitted they were not fixed. That was one of the reasons I gave up asking Cryptic to fix them but to inform fellow players ("this is the way it is, tough.") when they encounter them.

By the way, who in this thread said dev are lazy and are liars? I must be missing something.
    I'm not going through to find the person who claimed the devs are lazy at this point it 3:30 in the morning for me I do not have the energy, maybe i lok for it tomorrow, just know you think when you say cryptic it just means the suits in charge but if you throw the whole company under bus your throwing the developers the programers the artists who do work hard under bus too, only if you direct your complaints to people of the company that are in charge and you name whoever are the bad apples than your not painting everyone with the same brush, however again if Cryptic are the keyword then your talking about the entire company and all its employees not just management ofcourse you have only just now stated that you are not directing it at all the people you just look to blame the management so there's not much point continuing the discussion, you will hold your stance that Cryptic just means the management and seem to think when i say developers which is the key word i have been mostly using seem to think means im defending the entire company and I will stick with Cryptic is the entire company.

You stand by players who will complain from a point of ignorance just because you have your own complaints about the company and they don't live up to your personal expectations, claim you don't see the point of complaining but are here complaining aswell I mean I'm sure your not a bad dude but I just don't see how people can complain from a point of ignorance about a free to play game I don't see how if you have worked in coding that you think the company only means the management, I see how much hard work has gone into this game yes there are things I would like fixed yes i understand that the pipeline probably means alot of people are working with certain degrees of hands tied behind backs, I'm not going to start attacking the whole company because a few bugs have been a little more persistent than I'd like, I'm going to ask for things to be fixed, but I would do it constructively as many times as it takes for a good dialogue to be created and without just attacking the company from a point of ignorance. Not say your personally ignorant but again there are players in this thread who clearly are and yes maybe Il point them out tomorrow or maybe il just focus on them as we are clearly at an impass with this discussion.
  • Options
    edited July 2023

I'm going to ask for things to be fixed, but I would do it constructively as many times as it takes for a good dialogue to be created.

This would be the main theme of the whole conversation. Please do that. I am sure you will make the difference comparing with many who tried exactly that in the past 10 years.

I did that for years before I gave up. I know I am not worthy by now.
    I knew many who were invited to Cryptic inner circle and had direct communication but they also gave up and leave. I think they must be not worthy too.
    Many here including myself joined their "brain storming" forum and contributed. We are just not worthy.

• Options

You are a tool. This is the #1 shitpost when you have no arguments left.

- Do you need to be a politician to vote?
    - Do you need to know how things are wired to complain to your cable company?
    - Do you need to know how to drive a train to sit in one?

You always judge from your perspective and how things affect yourself. There surely are some folks that are more constructive and understanding, but that's always a bonus to a company, never a requirement. Developers constantly hinting at constructive feedback only show that they are overwhelmed with the task at hand. With decent management, you can always extract relevant information and ignore the rest, no matter how bug reports or complaints are phrased. It's a matter of company culture and maturity. I'm not saying community management and support is an easy task, it's not. It requires a thick skin and being able to crawl through the HAMSTER and extract the necessary information to relay to the ticket system.
  • Options
    tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited July 2023
    Developpers have to prioritize when they are bug hunting/fixing because every game is littered with bugs and glitches, even the games you think are the most "polished" ones, and the bug fixing task has, for the time needed to clean everything, a limit usually tending to infinity, especially for games in constant evolution like MMORPGs and their peridodical new content.

What developpers consider to be a priority to fix may differ from their hierachy's opinion (which will prevail), and both may also have a very different point of view from what any player may consider to be, usually a bit egoistically, the priority.
    I mean, some of us may think a purely decorative object slightly clipping into the ground during the 2 weeks yearly event it appears, or how tall is a companion compared to the "displayed" one in front of the Emporium, are very important things to fix in all haste and before everything else, and go very vocals about it. Others will say the top priority should be fix the yellow HP we get in ToNG that should wear off after we kill Orcus as it was intended and worked originally, because keep it after tends to trivialize the rest of the dungeon. And me who would argue they should do something right now about the "error 36 a file was locked that could not be open for writing" I get even after killing NWN tasks, rebooting the computer, execute NWN.exe as administrator and uninstalled/reinstalled the game.

One of the problem, as gamers, is we don't really know what is top priority for Cryptic (beside fixing crashes and issues linked to Zen Market) and what is not. I wish we had an up-to-date known bug list made public by Cryptic communication, with indication on what they are focusing on for the next batch of fixes (or a list divided in critical/major/minor). But I guess it would be a way too long number of lines :P.

Obvioulsy, having no idea of what is a priority shouldn't prevent us from reporting bugs (critical ones or the most begnin ones) and speaking about the issues those bugs are provoking, but complaining aggressively/menacingly/mock the devs are not really good ways to do that... at all, unless you want to become the Karens of gaming forums :P.
  • Options
    Of course. I don't think Cryptic does it on purpose to annoy players, they just make business cases and a new feature always has a better ROI than fixing an old bug. But to come into a thread and invalidating a player concern / complaint with "what do you even know?" is puzzling.

Fwiw I don't think the worst issue is lack of constructive criticism, it's bad reports (OP being a good example here as well not linking or properly describing the issues they are referring to). You need solid repro steps and as much information as possible such as OS version, hardware and account information. Obviously, people are rarely willing to put out this information in the open so what I'd do is a mask / survey for bug reports that gathers the required information for internal purposes but not in the actual forum post. The companies have all the power to give players ways of contributing in a meaningful way.
  • Options
    Top priority to fix is always something that works in the players' favor.
  • Options
    edited July 2023

I don't know how long you've been playing Neverwinter Online, but I've been playing since the first year it was around and ever since it more or less started, when someone complains about the bad way it's occasionally run or things the devs do not bother doing this or that and end-up disappointing everyone, someone else invariably pops-up on the forum saying "it's free to play shut up" which in no way addresses the concerns people have about things broken or decisions made which make the players feel like cr@p. What you are doing is nothing new, we've seen it all before. But it doesn't address any of the specific concerns players have, it's just a cop-out statement.

P.S. I'm not even addressing the fact that people usually feel the need to pay real money to keep up with others in the game and for most of the playerbase, free-to-play does not apply because they're paying customers. We have often said over the years that yes, it is technically correct that it's free-to-play, however you can discuss for days and even weeks on all the reasons it usually isn't a free-to-play model in real terms. Free-to-play is the selling point they use to get people to start playing, but once they do start, they soon find out it's not going to give them a very good game experience. There are outliers to this, some people who swear black and blue they never spent one cent on the game over many years, that's great for them if true, but overall you need to spend to keep up with everyone else and be competitive.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Free-to-play is not freeware. Free-to-play is not charity. Free-to-play is a business model with the business goal to earn money. The "business goal" is not aiming to earn less money than under subscription. That would be dumb. The "business goal" is to earn more money than under subscription.

There are pay "customers'. If it does not earn enough money, Gearbox would not spend money to buy the company. The game is no different comparing with any other games in the market. They all have bugs. They all have upset customers. Some games do better and doing things in timely manner. Some games do not. Some games are somewhere in between.
  • Options
    ksellksell Member Posts: 181 Arc User

One of the problem, as gamers, is we don't really know what is top priority for Cryptic (beside fixing crashes and issues linked to Zen Market) and what is not. I wish we had an up-to-date known bug list made public by Cryptic communication, with indication on what they are focusing on for the next batch of fixes (or a list divided in critical/major/minor). But I guess it would be a way too long number of lines :P.

We used to have regular patch notes, at the end of them was section - known issues; it wasnt perfect but it was sort of communication unlike anythin now
  • Options
    If I don't get some kind of answer about CR sisters fight soon, which is a very serious bug and pissing everyone off because they have to keep abandoning it during RC instances due to the bug and has already been broken for months now, I'm going to explode and it won't be pretty. On behalf of the playerbase I've asked so many times I've lost count and they're outright intentionally ignoring me which is not making them look good at all.
  • Options

You are a tool. This is the #1 shitpost when you have no arguments left.

- Do you need to be a politician to vote?
    - Do you need to know how things are wired to complain to your cable company?
    - Do you need to know how to drive a train to sit in one?

You always judge from your perspective and how things affect yourself. There surely are some folks that are more constructive and understanding, but that's always a bonus to a company, never a requirement. Developers constantly hinting at constructive feedback only show that they are overwhelmed with the task at hand. With decent management, you can always extract relevant information and ignore the rest, no matter how bug reports or complaints are phrased. It's a matter of company culture and maturity. I'm not saying community management and support is an easy task, it's not. It requires a thick skin and being able to crawl through the HAMSTER and extract the necessary information to relay to the ticket system.
    You are tool. If your going to start your responce with an insult, it already shows how your just another toxic player so whatever dude I'm not even going to bother reading your responses from this point
  • Options

Developpers have to prioritize when they are bug hunting/fixing because every game is littered with bugs and glitches, even the games you think are the most "polished" ones, and the bug fixing task has, for the time needed to clean everything, a limit usually tending to infinity, especially for games in constant evolution like MMORPGs and their peridodical new content.

What developpers consider to be a priority to fix may differ from their hierachy's opinion (which will prevail), and both may also have a very different point of view from what any player may consider to be, usually a bit egoistically, the priority.
    I mean, some of us may think a purely decorative object slightly clipping into the ground during the 2 weeks yearly event it appears, or how tall is a companion compared to the "displayed" one in front of the Emporium, are very important things to fix in all haste and before everything else, and go very vocals about it. Others will say the top priority should be fix the yellow HP we get in ToNG that should wear off after we kill Orcus as it was intended and worked originally, because keep it after tends to trivialize the rest of the dungeon. And me who would argue they should do something right now about the "error 36 a file was locked that could not be open for writing" I get even after killing NWN tasks, rebooting the computer, execute NWN.exe as administrator and uninstalled/reinstalled the game.

Obvioulsy, having no idea of what is a priority shouldn't prevent us from reporting bugs (critical ones or the most begnin ones) and speaking about the issues those bugs are provoking, but complaining aggressively/menacingly/mock the devs are not really good ways to do that... at all, unless you want to become the Karens of gaming forums :P.

This is the point I'm trying to get accross that just lost on so many ignorant players in this thread